Most Useful Poker "Accessories", Least Useful? (2 Viewers)

It will probably cost more in Lego than getting the 3D print version from @One Eyed Dollar .
But...
  • When you step on a 3D printed stacker it breaks. When you step on a Lego rack, you drop to the ground in agony as if you stepped on a caltrop. Fun for all ages!
  • Storage of 3D stackers take up valuable space. Storage of Legos can be hung from the ceiling as parts of a Lego Millennium Falcon.
  • Legos can be altered to handle stacks of any size.

But...
  • When you step on a 3D printed stacker it breaks. When you step on a Lego rack, you drop to the ground in agony as if you stepped on a caltrop. Fun for all ages!
  • Storage of 3D stackers take up valuable space. Storage of Legos can be hung from the ceiling as parts of a Lego Millennium Falcon.
  • Legos can be altered to handle stacks of any size.

All very salient points. Now awaiting discussion on pros and cons of constructing your own working Lego hot dog roller.

This is a really helpful thread. I’m hosting a home game in a few weeks, and it’s been years since I’ve hosted one. I don’t have any proper or elaborate setup, but I have chips, a table that seats 8, a couple decks, a cut card. I’ll buy a cheap poker felt to get the job done- think I got all you need.

Surprised I didn't respond to this one.

Most useful:

-cut cards for each deck of cards in play
-dealer button
-bounty chips for tournaments
-hot dog sandwich roller
-margarita machine

Least useful:

-bomb pot buttons
-call/all in buttons. Not needed if it's heads up, but could be useful if action goes any more complicated than all in, call, then another all in
- @MrCatPants ' list of intimidating foods at the poker table

You're just going to be all loose goosey, eating a sandwich, wondering why your bluffs get called down by second pair/mediocre kicker.
But what if I knew that you knew that and am exploiting that for value?

Least useful:

-bomb pot buttons
-call/all in buttons.
It’s probably been said, but I’ll put ALL buttons and non-cash chips in this category. Maybe one of those Kill buttons if you’re playing that.
We’re a bunch of chipping geeks so we like to make chips and buttons for everything. But who needs that stuff clogging up the table?

This is a really helpful thread. I’m hosting a home game in a few weeks, and it’s been years since I’ve hosted one. I don’t have any proper or elaborate setup, but I have chips, a table that seats 8, a couple decks, a cut card. I’ll buy a cheap poker felt to get the job done- think I got all you need.
Just remember…. Bourbon good, scotch, nah

It’s probably been said, but I’ll put ALL buttons and non-cash chips in this category. Maybe one of those Kill buttons if you’re playing that.
We’re a bunch of chipping geeks so we like to make chips and buttons for everything. But who needs that stuff clogging up the table?
I am coming around a bit to a bomb pot button (I'm using a timer today).

I am coming around a bit to a bomb pot button (I'm using a timer today).
We ended up using a bomb pot chip for each player this last game - each player could play theirs before a hand is dealt, and once played we remove it from the table so basically we had as many bomb pots as players for the night.

I also used a set of reserved chips with a picture of a beer on them. Since it was a casual cash game, players would just put the reserved 'beer' chip in front of their place when they had to get up and grab a beer. It helped the next person dealing as it was obvious who was in and out.

Last edited:
Well... I only made this for myself and @Marius L, with permission from @One Eyed Dollar as the stacker is his idea. So I prefer not giving out details (even though it can be reverse-engineered).

Just saw this thread now. I have read the OP and nothing else, so might be mentioned, but:

Useful:
- Seating chips for MTTs that also serve as rebuy chips or bounty chips
When running tournaments with 3 or more tables, I actually prefer dedicated seating chips. It makes life a lot easier! I keep all unclaimed chips in front of me and have a rule that when eliminated, players must hand me their seatingt chip immediately before starting their "how can you call with" rant.

1. If I have > table_size chips in front of me I know I need to break up a table. After breaking up a table, all seating chips of that table are removed.

2. If the number of chips in front of me for different tables differ by >1 , then a player needs to move.

3. When I move players, I take their seating chip and give them a new one, then it's their responsibility to find their new chair. Takes me 5 seconds.

No more hollering across the house asking for player counts! Now more trying to explain the new seat to moving players (who can calculate implied pot odds within a second but don't understand "two seats left of Sven").

So my most useful accessory by far is dedicated seating chips along with poker mats with seat numbers. It helps me A LOT!

Racks are extremely useful for counting down chips at the end of the night
...and during color-ups! I never count the stacks, I just shove them into the racks and count the odd ones. Saves a lot of time! (This also negates one of the drawbacks that most here at PCF see with my starting stacks of 20/20/5/15)

Not useful:
- Small dealer buttons (no one can see them!)
Amen! I have a bunch of ceramic 60mm but no one can see them!

Surprised I didn't respond to this one.

Most useful:

-cut cards for each deck of cards in play
-dealer button
-bounty chips for tournaments
-hot dog sandwich roller
-margarita machine

Least useful:

-bomb pot buttons
-call/all in buttons. Not needed if it's heads up, but could be useful if action goes any more complicated than all in, call, then another all in
- @MrCatPants ' list of intimidating foods at the poker table
Hot dog sandwich roller? (I did look it up but I'm not sure I got the right item.)

I'm also unclear on what a "bomb pot button" is, but I'm going to do a search before I get scolded on that one.

Honestly, a multi-function blank, colored chip helps if you don't want to get a separate dedicated buttons for bomb pots, stand-up game, show-me chips, etc. It really helps if you're on the fence about getting a certain type– for instance, we used the unlabeled chips for the stand-up game before deciding no one liked playing it after a few games.. kinda glad I started there before buying dedicated buttons for a game we no longer play!

Honestly, a multi-function blank, colored chip helps if you don't want to get a separate dedicated buttons for bomb pots, stand-up game, show-me chips, etc. It really helps if you're on the fence about getting a certain type– for instance, we used the unlabeled chips for the stand-up game before deciding no one liked playing it after a few games.. kinda glad I started there before buying dedicated buttons for a game we no longer play!
The Stand Up Game played with a chip or tokens, is not The Stand Up Game...
:sneaky:

Necessities
- Cut Cards
- Dealer Button

Very Useful
- Table mat
- Cash box for buy ins
- Starting stack tubes for tournaments
- Tournament director with easily visible screens

Maybe Useful
- All-In Buttons
- Bomb Pot button
- Circus Game rule cards
- Hand Ranking cards

I think those are all the 'accessories' involved in my games. I didn't include a second deck because that's just more cards, but we always use one. I'd say also a good audio system to play some music is nice too.

Necessity -

Something to hold cash in
Good lighting
Good chairs
Good table
Good chips
Good setups
Good people
Good booze
No NLHE
Upbeat music
No stop time.

Everything else is not required.

Necessity -

Something to hold cash in
Good lighting
Good chairs
Good table
Good chips
Good setups
Good people
Good booze
No NLHE
Upbeat music
No stop time.

Everything else is not required.
And

Good hot dog roller

Sing this to the song from "Dick in a box"

Step one get a bankers bag.
Step two get a lanyard.
Step three clip that lanyard on the corner of the end of the zipper of the bankers bag.

and then you wear it around your neck while you process buyins.
This is all a very clever ploy to get me drunk and stumbling around asking “where in tarnation is the tourney pool money?!?” while everyone laughs as it dangles around my neck.

This is all a very clever ploy to get me drunk and stumbling around asking “where in tarnation is the tourney pool money?!?” while everyone laughs as it dangles around my neck.
But see, it's a better option than saying where is it and no one knows.

Seriously though, it lets me mingle and move while people arrive, chatting and transacting on the go. Made a big difference for my pre-tourney enjoyment.

Last edited:
Useful

4 colour desks especially for circus games (badugi among others).

Racks for cashing out limit games when there’s 1200 - 1800 of the same chip flying around.

Shuffle Tech and 2 decks saves so much time.

Whisky (or as you call it Scotch).

Useless

Plaques look great but take up too much space.

Various buttons and lammers that I keep buying but never use.

Bourbon (WTF even is that toilet water even meant to be?!?!) :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom