Moonlight Cardhouse | Cash (1 Viewer)

I’m team white inlays all the way too…so I’m surprised with myself for actually pulling the trigger. With this theme black was kind of an obligation. Gives them more of a “special” feel compared to my all my other white inlaid chips so I’m glad I did it.
Not that they need it, but I bet it helps the colors "pop" a bit more too.

I’m team white inlays all the way too…so I’m surprised with myself for actually pulling the trigger. With this theme black was kind of an obligation. Gives them more of a “special” feel compared to my all my other white inlaid chips so I’m glad I did it.
Just out of curiosity, why are people opposed to a dark/black inlay? There are a lot of really nice dark/black inlay designs out there imo.

Just out of curiosity, why are people opposed to a dark/black inlay? There are a lot of really nice dark/black inlay designs out there imo.
I don't know if this is the consensus, but for me white (off white rather) has a classic feel. I'm also guessing it's just my brain tending to associate a white inlay with most of my favorite old school leaded sets out there. Black just feels more modern to me.

That said, I do have another black set that I absolutely love so obviously there are exceptions.

3EHY6Ow.jpg

First off, huge thanks to @Eloe2000 and Chippers Anonymous for looking at my mock-ups for months on end. The set just wouldn't have been the same without such a great sounding board.

I had a long intro typed up... but I figured I would just let the chips do the talking for now. Lord knows we've all waited long enough. Could not be more excited about these.

Moonlight Cardhouse

eHYOFN3.jpg

3cJjneW.jpg

yMKpV19.jpg

4zv4L8L.jpg

1OkiyDk.jpg

r4HYGGM.jpg

YZJbt9P.jpg

Chocolate - DG Peach/Light Green

O6WTAFk.jpg

DG Pink - Bright White/Retro Red
NCWXQ35.jpg

DG Peacock - DG Arc Yellow/DG Green

a1RwQpt.jpg

DG Peach - Light Blue/DG Pink/DG Yellow

HDixHvO.jpg

Blurple - DG Tiger/Retro Lavender/DG Green

G3IoAQk.jpg

Bright White - DG Pink/DG Arc Yellow/Butterscotch/Imperial Blue

9bVjGiV.jpg

F3JwO0f.jpg

ATB7jN1.jpg

IiyaRIK.jpg

64Of5Ew.jpg

Jeremiah Johnson Nod GIF - Jeremiah Johnson Nod Approval - Discover & Share  GIFs

Die-hard black label lover here :)
c5.jpg
_MG_7252_NEW.jpg
Horseshoe_4127.jpg
4 roses Black.jpg

Beyond this beautiful set, I feel obliged to wholeheartedly congratulate and express gratitude to @JeepologyOffroad for his work, a master chipper of top aesthetic standards, and at the same time, an honest, disinterested, bona-fide person.
A combination hard to find.
Thanks Nik! You actually gave me a lot of inspiration in my designing. I *almost* made my $1 similar to your imperial blue chip. I also almost made my theme “Night Owl” instead of moonlight. Still toying with the idea for a future set. And my T100 was inspired by your charcoal chip.

giphy.webp

If the set has bright/bold colors, then a nice clean black label is the way to go, IMO. It just makes them pop. But if you're going with a vintage look or something with less vibrant colors, then I think white or off-white looks better.

I'm curious about the font on the inlay vs the one on the felt. Both look good. But I'm curious as to why you didn't use the table cloth font for the chips?

I'm curious about the font on the inlay vs the one on the felt. Both look good. But I'm curious as to why you didn't use the table cloth font for the chips?
Got married to the neon/color matching effect of the moon for these chips and didn’t quite like the combination of the felt font with that style of moon. Plus the proportions didn’t look quite right.

Plus I was on borrowed time to get it right. I actually had initially ordered another theme that CPC had already cut all the shaped inlays for. Then I learned it was the very same theme as customs YOU had in the pipeline LOL. I have had this moonlight theme in my back pocket for a while now, but I never could get it right. Decided now was the time to finally hash it out asap. Ended up loving it so I made the switch. Cost me a pretty penny swapping at the 11th hour and having all the shaped inlays remade, but in the end I’m so glad it happened because it forced me to finish up the moonlight theme.

I’ll likely be using this same theme for a variety of style sets and inlays. In a vacuum I prefer the felt font. I’ll probably rework it and try to use it for a Paulson relabel since I’m still a Paulson snob.

Last edited:
Got married to the neon/color matching effect of the moon for these chips and didn’t quite like the combination of the felt font with that style of moon. Plus the proportions didn’t look quite right.

Plus I was on borrowed time to get it right. I actually had initially ordered another theme that CPC had already cut all the shaped inlays for. Then I learned it was the very same theme as customs YOU had in the pipeline LOL. I have had this moonlight theme in my back pocket for a while now, but I never could get it right. Decided now was the time to finally hash it out asap. Ended up loving it so I made the switch. Cost me a pretty penny swapping at the 11th hour and having all the shaped inlays remade, but in the end I’m so glad it happened because it forced me to finish up the moonlight theme.

I’ll likely be using this same theme for a variety of style sets and inlays. In a vacuum I prefer the felt font. I’ll probably rework it and try to use it for a Paulson relabel since I’m still a Paulson snob.

Beach theme? They're pretty rare. Don't see many of those around here :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Triple Barrel Club was my theme. So not EXACTLY the same as yours but pretty damn close lol

Holy shit! Really? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: That's crazy. That was a random off-the-cuff project for me. I was messing around with bourbons and oak barrels at the time, and I wanted something on the large crown mold. And since I love to fire triple barrels with absolute trash, I figured it was as good an excuse as any to donk my way into another set of CPC customs.

Holy shit! Really? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: That's crazy. That was a random off-the-cuff project for me. I was messing around with bourbons and oak barrels at the time, and I wanted something on the large crown mold. And since I love to fire triple barrels with absolute trash, I figured it was as good an excuse as any to donk my way into another set of CPC customs.

Yep yep. Whiskey is always flowing at my game too so it just made sense. I even had the cut cards made already too before I changed it :LOL: :laugh:

But the new moonlight inlay fits MUCH better on these chips. My original was a little too old school for them anyways I think.

Great set! ...I assume these are only for night games? Use during the day might burn some retinas. :LOL: :laugh:
That's actually part of it. I would prefer day games, but no matter what my players don't show up til it's dark out. All my games end up running all night long until early morning the next day. Might as well embrace it lol

Insanely great set!

As someone else mentioned, my first thought was why is this guy taking black light photos of his set?

Then thinking that's too old school and he's probably just using some crazy filter.

Then stunned to realize that was the real deal.

First time I've gotten really excited about chips in ages. Congratulations on the incredible set.

Wait… is this the all-in blind sample from April last year?

And do we have a chip stacking thread and a lighting thread already? Because sounds like we should.

Oh yes. Absolutely love the chips. Congrats @JeepologyOffroad!
Yep this is part of the all in blind samples (sans 20). Tourney set and NCV chips I haven’t photographed yet.

As far as the photos go, I just winged it on the stacking. Photos were taken outdoors with a black backdrop and a Sony A7 III

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom