Modiano platinum edition cards (and other modiano editions) have been discontinued!?!?! (2 Viewers)

locally Straitpokersupplies in Canada is still selling Modiano cards on clearance for multi deck setups. I bought 2 packs of cards and have more than I ever could need....good timing I suppose. The Acetate cards were really nice, its a shame that they are discontinuing the product line. Demand must have dropped significantly globally with the way prices and availability changed on cards in recent times.

POKER PLAYING CARDS | 12 SETS 24 DECKS | GREEN BURGUNDY-$159.99 CAN

100% PLASTIC POKER PLAYING CARDS | 10 DECKS | TROPHY - $65CAN

locally Straitpokersupplies in Canada is still selling Modiano cards on clearance for multi deck setups. I bought 2 packs of cards and have more than I ever could need....good timing I suppose. The Acetate cards were really nice, its a shame that they are discontinuing the product line. Demand must have dropped significantly globally with the way prices and availability changed on cards in recent times.

POKER PLAYING CARDS | 12 SETS 24 DECKS | GREEN BURGUNDY-$159.99 CAN

100% PLASTIC POKER PLAYING CARDS | 10 DECKS | TROPHY - $65CAN

Straight poker supplies tells me that the supply chain is messed up so everything is supper slow coming out of Italy plus more expensive. So, the platinum series may not be discontinued but just extremely back ordered. SPS believes that when shipping resumes the cards will be much more expensive. That may be why places are no longer selling those cards.

Also, as noted above, the regular modianos are very very different from the platinum series (which uses acetate plastic). Not nearly as good in my opinion.

Straight poker supplies tells me that the supply chain is messed up so everything is supper slow coming out of Italy plus more expensive. So, the platinum series may not be discontinued but just extremely back ordered. SPS believes that when shipping resumes the cards will be much more expensive. That may be why places are no longer selling those cards.

Also, as noted above, the regular modianos are very very different from the platinum series (which uses acetate plastic). Not nearly as good in my opinion.
Poker size jumbo index Modiano have been unavailable for a long time. My favorite cards. I've picked up a couple from various sources over time, but they're hard to come by. I've tried to hoard them.

What cards are these? Sorry to derail

Attachments

• 7D0D2C2F-32D7-4F33-8101-83897F5C090F.png
    7D0D2C2F-32D7-4F33-8101-83897F5C090F.png
    330.9 KB · Views: 87
  • F9099CFB-503E-4FEE-B5CA-FA30D7120900.png
    F9099CFB-503E-4FEE-B5CA-FA30D7120900.png
    214.6 KB · Views: 83

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom