Modiano platinum edition cards (and other modiano editions) have been discontinued!?!?! (1 Viewer)

Goldfish

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
I just called modiano to inquire as to when the platinum edition cards would be back in stock. The rep replied that those cards have been discontinued!!! WTF. The rep also checked other modiano editions and they were coming up discontinued as well. Wow. That sucks and is news to me. I have been using these cards for years. Now I have to find another brand of cards to use………

I'm sorry for you Jon, because I know you like these, but if this is an indication of the company as a whole going under, good riddance.

If you like the Platinum stock, may I suggest Fournier as an alternative? The feel and flex are quite similar.

I can’t speak to platinum stock, but for straight up Modiano stock, there is no substitute, in my mind, in terms of texture and flex, taking cost and availability into account. Fournier is probably close though. Maybe a bit less texture and a hair stiffer?

If you're looking actually for the closest thing in terms of feel and appearance, DaVinci is also an option, and at a fraction of the price.

I can’t speak to platinum stock, but for straight up Modiano stock, there is no substitute, in my mind, in terms of texture and flex, taking cost and availability into account. Fournier is probably close though. Maybe a bit less texture and a hair stiffer?
Exactly my assessment :tup:

If you're looking actually for the closest thing in terms of feel and appearance, DaVinci is also an option, and at a fraction of the price.
Dvinci’s ARE modianos, so hell yes, good call, grab those if you can.

Where do I find DaVinci cards?

if this is an indication of the company as a whole going under, good riddance.

That's sad....... nope, not really, Karma baby!

fmodiano-jpg.641711

I am told modiano cards have been on order for 2 and 1/2 years. The only modianos you can get right now are the regular modianos which are more like copaq. I am going to try DaVinci. Stay tuned for reviews!

Straight Poker Supplies still has Modiano Platinum in stock. However only poker wide available and would ship from Canada. They also have other Modiano cards at $6.50 and $9.99 (CAD) a deck.

Straight Poker Supplies still has Modiano Platinum in stock. However only poker wide available and would ship from Canada. They also have other Modiano cards at $6.50 and $9.99 (CAD) a deck.
The modianos that are not platinum edition are more like copaq. The platinum cards are very different and by far the best.

The modianos that are not platinum edition are more like copaq. The platinum cards are very different and by far the best.
I’ve read the platinums are stiffer. At least that’s what it says on the @Dix database. Stiffer doesn’t necessarily mean better or worse - it’s subjective. But I’ve gotten very little feedback on the stiff/flex issue from people who have both.

I hope so!!! The platinum are selling for more than double the regular stock!!!

Also wanted to share the details as it looks like some folks are happy with the regular Modianos and $6.50 CAD might be a good deal...

As someone new to the home game world in the last year or less, can anyone share where the vitriol for Modiano comes from? I haven't tried their Platinum cards but even their normal decks have been far and away my favorite decks I've tried.

As someone new to the home game world in the last year or less, can anyone share where the vitriol for Modiano comes from? I haven't tried their Platinum cards but even their normal decks have been far and away my favorite decks I've tried.
One of our long time favorite vendors, desjgn, used to have his cards manufactured by Modiano. For one set of decks (thousands and thousands, presumably) the red decks had color variations on the backs, so they were effectively marked. Difficult to notice, but definitely there. Modiano refused to acknowledge the problem, so this guy went into his pocket to have all the decks reprinted.

I’ve read the platinums are stiffer. At least that’s what it says on the @Dix database. Stiffer doesn’t necessarily mean better or worse - it’s subjective. But I’ve gotten very little feedback on the stiff/flex issue from people who have both.
The platinums are acetate plastic. The regular modianos are not, making them more comparable to copaq. The regulars are more flimsy and crease easier. So over the course of the night I feel like the platinums hold up much better.

I am told modiano cards have been on order for 2 and 1/2 years. The only modianos you can get right now are the regular modianos which are more like copaq. I am going to try DaVinci. Stay tuned for reviews!
I have a few of the Modiano Club setups. Are the Da Vinci cards identical to the Modiano Club cards?

One of our long time favorite vendors, desjgn, used to have his cards manufactured by Modiano. For one set of decks (thousands and thousands, presumably) the red decks had color variations on the backs, so they were effectively marked. Difficult to notice, but definitely there. Modiano refused to acknowledge the problem, so this guy went into his pocket to have all the decks reprinted.

Fairly good cliff notes but a very involved story. If you really want to do some reading:

the main gyst about what happened and how Mod!@#0 :mad: told everyone & Desjgn to go pound sand: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/bridge-jumbo-index-issue.24936/

Well, I solved my problem for at least the near future. By the way, straight poker supplies is now out of stock of all modiano platinum cards (both regular and jumbo index). #notagroupbuy.

Well, I solved my problem for at least the near future. By the way, straight poker supplies is now out of stock of all modiano platinum cards (both regular and jumbo index). #notagroupbuy.

Goldfish: do u have modiano platinum cards in stock?
PSS: yes we do. We have both jumbo and regular index. Which index and how many set ups would you like, sir?
Goldfish: All of them.

Goldfish: do u have modiano platinum cards in stock?
PSS: yes we do. We have both jumbo and regular index. Which index and how many set ups would you like, sir?
Goldfish: All of them.
Are you the one who uses a new setup for each game? Any idea what you’ll switch to?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom