For Sale Modiano Bridge Size Jumbo Index Decks - Brand New (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, as Seeking told you customs or UPS f**ked up my package which is very saddening to see considering i paid 3 figures for shipping.

as i cant change what happened i will take care of sending out full replacement so everyone gets sealed decks like they ordered.
this will take 2-3 weeks and i cover all costs related to this.

sorry for the circumstances

hey guys, as Seeking told you customs or UPS f**ked up my package which is very saddening to see considering i paid 3 figures for shipping.

as i cant change what happened i will take care of sending out full replacement so everyone gets sealed decks like they ordered.
this will take 2-3 weeks and i cover all costs related to this.

sorry for the circumstances
Let us know how much the new shipping will be. I'm happy to toss a fiver (or whatever my share would be) at it, so you don't have to eat it.

I'm a little glazed over from work today, but early in the morning, I will go through the list and the this thread and will let everybody know who will be getting their cards from this first shipment. The restricting factor will be the red decks because there are only 26 of them. Again, I plan to ship out in the order that people posted their interest in this thread, so @charitycase, you appear to be at the front of the line :)

Thanks,
Kevin

I'm a little glazed over from work today, but early in the morning, I will go through the list and the this thread and will let everybody know who will be getting their cards from this first shipment. The restricting factor will be the red decks because there are only 26 of them. Again, I plan to ship out in the order that people posted their interest in this thread, so @charitycase, you appear to be at the front of the line :)

Thanks,
Kevin
fyi i made the list in order of payments received. doesnt change much tho

Are there open decks that are complete that could be sold to help offset the cost of the replacement shipment?

If so, I’d be interested in a “used setup” to check them out.
There are. They are in very good condition. So much so that I am planning on taking my share out of them...although @gulaschkanone is trying to make me take new unopened decks...LOL

After we figure this out and get settled with everybody, I will be more than happy to sell off any leftovers, with payment going directly to @gulaschkanone to offset his cost. :tup:

There are. They are in very good condition. So much so that I am planning on taking my share out of them...although @gulaschkanone is trying to make me take new unopened decks...LOL

After we figure this out and get settled with everybody, I will be more than happy to sell off any leftovers, with payment going directly to @gulaschkanone to offset his cost. :tup:
AND...I can confirm, after sorting through 30+ decks of these....they feel FANTASTIC!!

for me it doesnt make that big of a difference if i send 80 or 50 decks to seeking as ~50 decks are just missing - probably the customs people took them for their game :D
shipping is either 100€ or 75€, so not that huge of a difference.
i'd rather have everyone get exactly what they ordered and let Seeking keep the opened decks additionally to what he ordered as compensation for everything he has to deal with right now.

Last edited:
Hey all!!

I received the cards, but unfortunately it looks like customs (and/or UPS) opened the package and took zero care repackaging it--a large portion of the decks were open and/or missing altogether. I have spent the last few days sifting through the box that was delivered to assess the damage. I have also been in regular contact with @gulaschkanone and he has been AWESOME to deal with and has offered to reship all damaged, opened, or missing decks. Just to be clear..this was NOT his fault, so please do not unload on him. He sent the package well bundled and protected with styrofoam inserts. Customs (and/or UPS) opened the package and did not repackage properly.

Here's how he sent the package:

View attachment 499612

As you can see, that is definitely not how it arrived:

View attachment 499613

Here's what I saw when I opened the box :(

View attachment 499569

After spending a few days carefully sorting through the rubble and aggregating suits and decks, here's where we're at:

Blue decks:
  • Total number ordered = 80
  • Unopened/undamaged = 59
  • Number of blue decks open or missing = 21
Red decks took the biggest hit:
  • Total number ordered = 81
  • Unopened/undamaged = 26
  • Number of red decks open or missing = 55
View attachment 499577

I will go through the order list and will start contacting people to arrange re-shipping of the decks that are unopened and undamaged. I plan to reach out to people and send cards in the order that people posted their orders.

Thanks and I apologize for the suck ass customs workers (and or UPS workers) that did this.
Kevin
I had same case with first order of Cartamundi

Modiano drama. Who woulda guessed?

Well...in this case seller is not the vilain.. au contraire and buyer is not shafted
@Modiano take notice...this is called After Sales

And customs....gonna custom..always

Thanks,
Kevin
I hear you man.
Jobs beating me to a pulp these days.
Thanks for organizing.

Well...in this case seller is not the vilain.. au contraire and buyer is not shafted
@Modiano take notice...this is called After Sales

And customs....gonna custom..always
Understood.... although one could argue that the buyers are the villains, and ran face-first into karma.

Good morning!

So, the restricting factor on how many will be shipped in this first batch is the number of unopened red decks (which is 26). Below in green are the peeps that I will ship cards to in this round (going out tomorrow). Those people will receive PMs shortly.

1596112869704.png

I know @gulaschkanone offered to send new decks, but I still stand by the fact that he should not need to do that for a single order like mine. For someone like me who ordered only one setup, it really doesn't matter if they still have the cellophane on them or not. For those that ordered multiple setups, it would be more of a PITA.

Last edited:
No update for the Canadian order yet...hopefully they make it through customs without any issues!
jesus.. i shipped it out 3 weeks ago!
might be corona delay i guess

I've got packages in the USA, addressed to me in Canada, that have gone dark from tracking since the July 12th. There is definitely some problem with respect to package flow between LA/San Francisco to Vancouver. @Geremie , I'm not sure about Toronto or Montreal however. I've never had to wait weeks on end to receive, so there is a problem.

I've heard rumor, that CBSA is actually to blame. I've been told they are delaying processing of packages. Probably COVID related. Manpower problems. Just a huge issue right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom