Modern poker book recommendations? (2 Viewers)

I bought Modern Poker Theory a couple of months back since I feel like all of the LHE and NLHE books I read over and over again in the early 00s were outdated. It is about as dry as it gets but if you can make it through it, it's good stuff. My favorite poker book authors are still sklansky, caro, harrington and miller. I probably read every book that was published on the subject up to 2011. I actually should probably see if anyone would be interested in the books that I am no longer keeping in rotation.

I bought Modern Poker Theory a couple of months back since I feel like all of the LHE and NLHE books I read over and over again in the early 00s were outdated. It is about as dry as it gets but if you can make it through it, it's good stuff. My favorite poker book authors are still sklansky, caro, harrington and miller. I probably read every book that was published on the subject up to 2011. I actually should probably see if anyone would be interested in the books that I am no longer keeping in rotation.
I’d be interested in taking some off your hands. I have the Harrington tournaments volume 1 & 2, Theory of Poker, Ed Millers The Course and Kill Everyone by Nelson.

I’d be interested in taking some off your hands. I have the Harrington tournaments volume 1 & 2, Theory of Poker, Ed Millers The Course and Kill Everyone by Nelson.
We are in the middle of a move so I can take a pic since they are in a pile in my garage right now. Give me a few minutes.

These were the ones I first found in our pile of stuff. When we get settled I will see if I have more that I can ship out. My wife would probably love it. I think she might have already taken some of them to the donation bin without telling me. lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
These were the ones I first found in our pile of stuff. When we get settled I will see if I have more that I can ship out. My wife would probably love it. I think she might have already taken some of them to the donation bin without telling me. lol
Did someone take the Michael Craig book off your hands? Almost just bought that.

Ive got Play Optimal Poker 1&2 on the way plus a Dara OKearney book.

Jeff Hwang books, Basics, Advanced and Workbooks
PLO-The Big Strategy book by Jeff Hwang is indeed accurate and simply excellent.
It reveals the truth, and convinced me to never play that game again, especially against people socially related to each other and me. :)

I would definitely say that his style of play ended up shaping my own as far as MTT goes, so I'll always consider him my poker mentor, lol.
Of course, there are two volumes of Harrington on Cash games.
Sure, "outdated" by the standards of wannabe-world class players, but still a sound base and more than enough to deal with most home games (unless they are actually underground tough games).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom