Mixed Hot Stamp Pr0n Thread! (4 Viewers)

Hi fellow chipper Ben! This set is bananas!! And peaches and cherries and pears and oranges ohmy!

Was the cancellation mark sharpie or marker? I have some radiant red boomtowns that appear to have something similar and am wondering how you got it off:

View attachment 836526View attachment 836527
I honestly have no idea what to call that stuff. It was raised like thick paint, but extremely durable and very hard to get off. Almost like lead based paint or something. The good thin is that it was paint and not marker like it looks on your chips. Marker will penetrate the pores of the clay and soak in just like when we oil chips. The paint I had to remove was really just on the surface.
20211226_185424.jpg

I stared with a knife but you have to be extremely careful as you can easily get into the clay trying to penetrate and get an edge going to remove the black.

Some are going to cringe here, but I actually decided to try wet sand paper and it worked very well. Obviously careful to fan it out with each pass to avoid flat spots
20211226_175728.jpg

I had about 55 of the 75 total that had heavy paint, the rest were pretty light so I used a knife on those. Apparently they spilled whatever the Cancelation paint was on a few of the faces
20211225_115822.jpg

I saved the two left chips, and think I can save the right... but got into the HS too much on the bottom one, going to have to replace that one unfortunately.

This stuff can be removed but it is very time consuming and you have to be very careful not to get into the clay of Hot Stamps.

I fear how deep that marker has penetrated the clay on your chips @Grandmasturkey , keep us posted!

I honestly have no idea what to call that stuff. It was raised like thick paint, but extremely durable and very hard to get off. Almost like lead based paint or something. The good thin is that it was paint and not marker like it looks on your chips. Marker will penetrate the pores of the clay and soak in just like when we oil chips. The paint I had to remove was really just on the surface.
View attachment 836554
I stared with a knife but you have to be extremely careful as you can easily get into the clay trying to penetrate and get an edge going to remove the black.

Some are going to cringe here, but I actually decided to try wet sand paper and it worked very well. Obviously careful to fan it out with each pass to avoid flat spots
View attachment 836557
I had about 55 of the 75 total that had heavy paint, the rest were pretty light so I used a knife on those. Apparently they spilled whatever the Cancelation paint was on a few of the faces
View attachment 836558
I saved the two left chips, and think I can save the right... but got into the HS too much on the bottom one, going to have to replace that one unfortunately.

This stuff can be removed but it is very time consuming and you have to be very careful not to get into the clay of Hot Stamps.

I fear how deep that marker has penetrated the clay on your chips @Grandmasturkey , keep us posted!
Ah yes I think you're right about mine being marker...I have done some online investigating of "removing sharpie from porous surface" and it yielded some ideas

I’ve been working on refining a mixed hot stamp set for almost 18 months, and this is about as final as it’s going to get. I really wanted to get a yellow in every spot, but finally opted for a compromise: either yellow or a shade of pink in every spot pattern, and if possible, both.

I agonized over the color of the frac for a long time. I originally went all whimsical with a yellow quarter and a hot pink $0.50, but then finally opted for the blurple frac which anchored the set more.

Finally, I really wanted to find a barrel of the Azure white 3ta $500 hot stamp chip, but not really sure where those have all been distributed, and figured this blaze option was a rarer anyway. Only thing that sucks about it is the return to the 3d14 spot pattern in the set. If anyone has a barrel or two of those minty Azure $500 hot stamps for sale, I’d love to see how it fits into this set.

pslubNe.jpg

JhXbh4a.jpg

aOx5r4g.jpg

2fk9smG.jpg

W6cl4pu.jpg

DwcujHg.jpg

kFUrNwu.jpg

8NgPNp1.jpg

BUUUCiY.jpg

I’ve been working on refining a mixed hot stamp set for almost 18 months, and this is about as final as it’s going to get. I really wanted to get a yellow in every spot, but finally opted for a compromise: either yellow or a shade of pink in every spot pattern, and if possible, both.

I agonized over the color of the frac for a long time. I originally went all whimsical with a yellow quarter and a hot pink $0.50, but then finally opted for the blurple frac which anchored the set more.

Finally, I really wanted to find a barrel of the Azure white 3ta $500 hot stamp chip, but not really sure where those have all been distributed, and figured this blaze option was a rarer anyway. Only thing that sucks about it is the return to the 3d14 spot pattern in the set. If anyone has a barrel or two of those minty Azure $500 hot stamps for sale, I’d love to see how it fits into this set.

pslubNe.jpg

JhXbh4a.jpg

aOx5r4g.jpg

2fk9smG.jpg

W6cl4pu.jpg

DwcujHg.jpg

kFUrNwu.jpg

8NgPNp1.jpg

BUUUCiY.jpg
1655481206153.gif

yeah, I think both the $5 and $100s are the GOAT in their class. #ProveMeWrong

A full rack of Nevada $100 hotstamps is an achieve my in itself. Honorable mention for the Macon $100 imo
DDC050E8-CF41-4C7D-A740-E9BEACE758B9.jpeg

I keep wondering if Cactus Jack's 50c purples would be better.

Switch to Cactus Jacks 50c, replace the Ramada with Silver Stars $25 and you have an all Nevada mixed hotstamp line up. But honestly works really well as is. Nice set

pslubNe.jpg

JhXbh4a.jpg

aOx5r4g.jpg

2fk9smG.jpg

W6cl4pu.jpg

DwcujHg.jpg

kFUrNwu.jpg

8NgPNp1.jpg

BUUUCiY.jpg
Wow Krish that one is amazing sir! From one Hot Stamp enthusiasts to another, job very well done sir!

A full rack of Nevada $100 hotstamps is an achieve my in itself. Honorable mention for the Macon $100 imo
View attachment 933211

Switch to Cactus Jacks 50c, replace the Ramada with Silver Stars $25 and you have an all Nevada mixed hotstamp line up. But honestly works really well as is. Nice set
Silver stars also makes all spotted denoms have all yellow edge spots!

Added a couple of splash pot pics, but the original post isn’t editable anymore.

QJ0xpRa.jpg

zZv58v2.jpg

The 5's and 100's are epic Krish, 500 looks cool too , keep the back alley, cactus jacks are nice, but how many people have back alley, I would rather say meet me in the back alley , keep me in mind for those santa cruz chips you have

Mixed hot stamp set #2. This is a long way from being done, but has started taking shape.

- Still looking for a suitable 3d14 $1. They seem impossible to find in quantity and condition.
- Looking for another hundo, so that I’m not using the Shy Clowns in both sets.
- The $2 is not really for use, but it gives the set so much pop.

TO6rctG.jpg

GjI8KB0.jpg

YwCfkIA.jpg

8fGifBW.jpg

Mixed hot stamp set #2. This is a long way from being done, but has started taking shape.

- Still looking for a suitable 3d14 $1. They seem impossible to find in quantity and condition.
- Looking for another hundo, so that I’m not using the Shy Clowns in both sets.
- The $2 is not really for use, but it gives the set so much pop.

TO6rctG.jpg

GjI8KB0.jpg

YwCfkIA.jpg

8fGifBW.jpg
Opry house might work well for the hundo...

Main lineup so far, plus a metric pile of singles to blend in and evolve the set.

Currently searching for a white or red chip……. Suggestions from the group?

Maybe a 25c? I have a single HP hot stamp, but the rest are……. Well…. Unattainable for now. FOR NOW……. :ninja:

D4DDC561-6E98-475E-8CA2-B485572C169E.jpeg

Last edited:
Main lineup so far, plus a metric pile of singles to blend in and evolve the set.

Currently searching for a white or red chip……. Suggestions from the group?

Maybe a 25c? I have a single HP hot stamp, but the rest are……. Well…. Unattainable for now. FOR NOW……. :ninja:

View attachment 958457
I love Sam’s but you need a matching hotstamp denomination as the rest of the set for your $1 now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom