Reshipping (ordering closed) Mixed Game Plaques on Plastic Card Stock - The Icarus (3.5" x 5.75") (5 Viewers)

Can it be generic? I’m tired of explaining what “The Icarus” is, mainly because I don’t have a clue why it’s on there.

Your wish is my command

1699296168032.png

@ekricket was very supportive and helped me with game choices and provided insight and active participation in getting the feed back I needed. I'm appreciative and happy to accommodate!

We'll see how lazy I am and if this delays the GB till March or not.

I hate that sh*t to the point that I find them nearly unplayable.
Well JFC! MJ tell us how you really feel? ;)

Maybe you'd help out @cpac54 and sell him your unplayable Icarus version :wtf:;):cautious:

I’d be willing to run a group buy. I’m finishing up my first one now. If Machine is willing to share his updated files and the vendor info, etc., I am willing to run it!
Or if someone has an extra set, I would buy it!
Anyway, I wouldn’t be able to edit them without someone sending the artwork. I’d be OK with PCF branding on it but not a big fan of someone’s custom chipset logo (even if I do like that chipset)
I think people often offer help without understanding some of the finer points of effort; Thanks for the offers, not interested in others editing or running the group buy at this time.

I may open another thread to discuss possible changes outside of this thread.

Your wish is my command

@ekricket was very supportive and helped me with game choices and provided insight and active participation in getting the feed back I needed. I'm appreciative and happy to accommodate!

We'll see how lazy I am and if this delays the GB till March or not.

Well JFC! MJ tell us how you really feel? ;)

Maybe you'd help out @cpac54 and sell him your unplayable Icarus version :wtf:;):cautious:

I think people often offer help without understanding some of the finer points of effort; Thanks for the offers, not interested in others editing or running the group buy at this time.

I may open another thread to discuss possible changes outside of this thread.
Sure. No problem. I’ve been in design for over 20 years so can understand your point of view.

So when you guys buy sporting gear, Nike running shoes, The North Face jackets, etc, do you ask them to remove their logos? Do you ask Titleist to scrub their name off their balls? Ball scrubbing... that's what y'all sound like, a bunch of ball scrubbing donkeys.

So when you guys buy sporting gear, Nike running shoes, The North Face jackets, etc, do you ask them to remove their logos? Do you ask Titleist to scrub their name off their balls? Ball scrubbing... that's what y'all sound like, a bunch of ball scrubbing donkeys.
I dunno. Prolly not but machine customized the original cards for their own league before creating the group buy.

I would be in for two sets if another gb comes around OR if there are any extras

To be completely honest, which is a new thing for me, I suggested to the Machine that he enlarge his logo, and, put it in more locations on the cards. TILT THESE BALL SCRUBBING DONKEYS!

I don’t buy any of that shit so no, I don’t ask them. I buy no label as much as possible. Not into the “look at me, I buy the popular shit too” crowd.

Function trumps social status in my world

Sorry, insert smiling face here, that makes it all better

1. I have 2 sets from the previous GB without logos. So when a card comes up with a logo new players immediately question how it's different from the previous game without the logo, or if it's a judgement of game complexity. It is a fair question too - when money is involved, you want to know what every rule on the card means.
  2. Nobody questions Nike or North Face. Those are not only common, but when people say they "love this jacket" everybody knows how to get their hands on another one of the same quality.
  3. Even playing cards do not put their brand name on every card.
  4. "The Icarus" is not how people can Google up more card games. "Abby's Circus/Mixed games" is. If anybody deserves to have their branding on the cards it would be hers.

Wow, guys, relax. This was meant entirely in jest. I told Machine last night that I was hoping to have a little fun with it. I'll go find the forum where guys can take a joke.

Hey Machine, if you want to print me up a few more sets with the Icarus label on them, I'm not going to get my panties twisted up, it's all good at me.
I've got nothing twisted. You asked, I replied. In most parts of the world, that is how conversations work when someone asks a question.

I dunno. Maybe $66 is a joke to you? It takes me more than 3 hours to make that much money pre-tax.

Obviously, some don't care. I really try hard to theme out my room, tables, chips, dealers buttons, and cut cards. The Icarus works, if your chips also read the Icarus. The Icarus works if your theme is hodge-podge. The Icarus works if you simply do not care. It does not work if you are heavily themed, or if you simply care to make your room the best it can be - unless of course, your room is Icarus themed, in which case these are pretty damned awesome cards. Bonus since you got GB prices for your private room.

I certainly wouldn't argue if the next run was a particular cartoon zombie theme, but I wouldn't be so bold as to require it.

Wow, guys, relax. This was meant entirely in jest. I told Machine last night that I was hoping to have a little fun with it. I'll go find the forum where guys can take a joke.
Ok, what were you expecting in the way of a little fun with it? Something different? Like we would all laugh and slap each other in the back about how hilarious it was that we asked a question, and got an answer, of which “no” would have been acceptable too? Goddamn that’s some funny shit right there, asking questions and accepting the answer.
Lol , smiley face, poop emijo (because that seems to make a certain kind of person laugh)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom