Mixed Game Cards (2 Viewers)

abby99

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
Some time ago, pfapfap on 2+2 made up sets of cards for mixed games, but unfortunately I was late to the party. After using one of his sets at Payback's games and wanting a set of my own, I finally decided to make a set to use in my games. Pfapfap graciously agreed to let me use his ideas.

I made six subsets of cards, not all of which would be used at the same time, color coded as follows:

Cherry -- Big bet games (20 cards)
Salmon -- No-limit games (15 cards)
Lavender -- Pot-limit games (18 cards)
Canary -- Fixed-limit flop games (47 cards)
Green -- Fixed-limit stud games (19 cards)
Blue -- Fixed-limit draw games (13 cards)

They're great for mixed game nights. Not only do the cards remind players which game is being played, but their content is extremely useful for players who are unfamiliar with the game and for dealers who might need a little assistance.

Putting this set together took a tremendous amount of work. Creating the files seemed to take forever. I printed most of the cards on colored index cards and the rest on card stock that I had cut down to size (3" x 5"). I then used Avery self-adhesive laminating sheets, which worked great, and trimmed each card with an Exacto knife and a straightedge. I did show a couple of prototypes to a print shop but didn't think that I could supply the files in the format that they wanted. In the end, because I didn't trust that they would be as "diligent" about centering the back-to-back images as I was, I decided to print and laminate them myself.

I've attached scans of a couple of cards for your perusal. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: This is not an offer to sell these cards. However, I will share my files, as is, free for the asking, with the condition that they not be used to produce cards for sale or to generate a profit in any way. The files are in MS Word .docs format, and I will include a text file with some hints for avoiding the wrong turns that I made.

Attachments

• Mixed Game Cards Scan 1280.jpg
    Mixed Game Cards Scan 1280.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 356
  • Mixed Game Cards Scan 2 1280.jpg
    Mixed Game Cards Scan 2 1280.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 330
  • Mixed Game Cards Scan 3 1280.jpg
    Mixed Game Cards Scan 3 1280.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 469
Last edited:
I play in a home game that is constantly mixing up games and this is a wonderful idea. I wished you lived closer, or might ship them to me. I Have a professional-grade heat sealer and corner rounder stamp. Any chance you might send me those files so I can match the local games these guys come up with? If you send me some cards, I'll seal them for you if you want? How many did you wind up making?

Nice work

- ATG

Way cool! Those look Fantastic. Can I have the files as well, to make some cards for my home game?

Thanks.

Very very nice! I love the idea and the design. I'll send a PM right away.

Cards are awesome, but I doubt I could get my regs to play most of these games, even though we generally play mixed games. Next time I host, I'm calling Omahugi just to see what happens.

I was just thinking about this the other day. Has anyone looked into getting something printed onto a plastic material and what it would cost? I found a place that I was going to ask but was just curious if anyone has looked into it first.

Edit: I never realized how many were actually in the set.

We used these at the Chicago Meet Up. They were very helpful to me.

Cards are awesome, but I doubt I could get my regs to play most of these games, even though we generally play mixed games. Next time I host, I'm calling Omahugi just to see what happens.

same here. It was all I could do to get my group to play PLO and PLO8. Honestly, I'm not interested in most of them myself.

None the less. The cards are great for beginners at these games.

These could be the start of a great App. With a randomizer, and alittle coding.

This is a fine idea. Would be great to have a dedicated poker tablet where you just load up scans of each card and either play traditional dealer's choice while displaying the card or "spin the wheel" at the beginning of a round to see what you play.

Thank you Marsha, so much for these. They helped me tremendously in our game :)

I was just thinking about this the other day. Has anyone looked into getting something printed onto a plastic material and what it would cost? I found a place that I was going to ask but was just curious if anyone has looked into it first.

Edit: I never realized how many were actually in the set.

Having them printed on plastic is a great idea, but it's not anything I've looked into. One of the advantages of printing cards myself is that it's so easy to add or revise one. I didn't want to be running to Kinko's every time I added a game.

Following link leads to something I don't have permission to use. You have sent these to me in email previous and I've never been able to open a file. Would the fact I have an iPhone be an issue?

Following link leads to something I don't have permission to use. You have sent these to me in email previous and I've never been able to open a file. Would the fact I have an iPhone be an issue?

@RowdyRawhide beat me to it. Thank you, sir. :)

I had requested that the first resource be removed and replaced with one that includes a discussion thread. I just uploaded a fresh update earlier today. :)

It must be an issue of using an iPhone. "Safari cannot download this file". I'll have to check it out with desktop tomorrow. Thanks for quick reply

It must be an issue of using an iPhone. "Safari cannot download this file". I'll have to check it out with desktop tomorrow. Thanks for quick reply
Gotta be an iPhone issue, because I just downloaded it to my MAC desktop

If you can't download it on your desktop, send me a PM with your email address I'll send you the file.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom