Mirage poker chips (1 Viewer)

Potsie1

Full House
Site Vendor
Supporter
Reaction score
Hit big on the machines last night so was able to pick up a few more chips. Was in the poker room from 545am until 950am this morning. I have now touched every single rack of drop chips and 1s in the mirage poker room. Literally. I had no intention of buying this many but when you find the hidden racks of of barely used chips you got to grab them. There's not a single mint chip left in the place.

Here's what I grabbed:
300x $3
300x $1

20180907_101410.jpg
20180907_101436.jpg

These will go with my previous chips
100x $3
400x $1

20180905_180303.jpg

Full set is
400x $3
700x $1
Will take pictures of full set when I get home.

I respect the dedication! Credit where credit is due! Great job man!

But in all seriousness I'd guess they might be hard to get depending on circumstances. You'll notice the time I listed. They staff the room 24hrs even when there aren't any games. Enter the 2am to 10am shift. No players and no games. That's when I go. They have time. They're bored. Did I mention the promise up front of $20 tip per rack? Drop chips you say? No problem! Yes I tipped $120. Also this was the same person from my previous trip and he remembered my name. He fed me racks as fast as I could go through them.

So, if you walk up at 11am, 2pm, 6pm, and say I want to look through racks I'm pretty sure you'll get a resounding NO. If you walk up and say I just want to buy a rack it could be a yes but you you'll have to take what they give you and at the mirage it isn't pretty.

Wow - The mirage $3 chips are one of my favorites. If your source is able to get $3 MGM Grand chips as well - PLEASE PM!!!!
Unfortunately it's just the mirage but the same tactics might work at MGM.

But in all seriousness I'd guess they might be hard to get depending on circumstances. You'll notice the time I listed. They staff the room 24hrs even when there aren't any games. Enter the 2am to 10am shift. No players and no games. That's when I go. They have time. They're bored. Did I mention the promise up front of $20 tip per rack? Drop chips you say? No problem! Yes I tipped $120. Also this was the same person from my previous trip and he remembered my name. He fed me racks as fast as I could go through them.

So, if you walk up at 11am, 2pm, 6pm, and say I want to look through racks I'm pretty sure you'll get a resounding NO. If you walk up and say I just want to buy a rack it could be a yes but you you'll have to take what they give you and at the mirage it isn't pretty.

Now I just have to go to Vegas. :)
Thanks - I already offered some members to pay for such tips and time, hope that someday I'll get a barrel (or maybe a rack ;) of drop chips.

This is the fun part of harvesting. You need to strategize and also read people. Some people want a tip and some people just need you to ask nicely and give them a smile.

In my experience tips were never the deciding factor. Either people were in a good mood and would be cool and just do it for me or they refused. I even had several people straight up tell me the tip was irrelevant. I would offer a 20 tip for a rack of mint 1s and some people would just tell me "this isn't a matter of a tip I just can't sell you a new rack...".

I do think going in the early morning say 1-6 in the AM is the bees knees. If people are busy they are going to be less likely to help you with a weird request.

I DO think MGM has a policy of not selling drop chips. If you want them be prepared to tip heavily and work some magic with people. When I asked last time the guy in the poker room straight up told me they are no longer allowed to sell them. However, you may get lucky if you ask the right person at the right time with the right tip :)

you need a couple of racks of the Mirage $5's .... my favorite red and one of my favorite chips of all time (y) :thumbsup:

you need a couple of racks of the Mirage $5's .... my favorite red and one of my favorite chips of all time (y) :thumbsup:
Before I leave I'm gonna try to find a mint barrel. Not a single mint 5 in the poker room and the cage was no help.

@Potsie1 You nailed it. The poker staff on Mirage graveyard will do anything merely for the asking and I have to believe the tip is just a guarantee. I won the dumb drunk low roller $65 11:30pm STT and said “I really want a $3 chip can I buy one?” And the assistant was like uh, we don’t do that? The manager came back with “of course we do! Sell him the chip!” ... of course I tipped the staff before I closed out so he was all for it. They’re good people on that shift. Word to the wise. The $3 chip is one of my favorites. Good haul!

I’m pretty sure Mirage has a $1/3 game at times and that’s the lowest stakes Aria plays and they definitely will put some in your rack when you buy in so they don’t necessarily equate to drop chips all the time.

I'm still traveling home which is why no group photo yet. I like to post those pics in real time. Soon they will be reunited.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom