Minimum Room Size for Full Size Table? (2 Viewers)

MrCatPants

Full House
Reaction score
Will likely be moving (potentially building) in the next year or so. Question for the group - if I am planning on a dedicated room for poker - what would you think the minimum dimensions would need to be of that space to comfortably house a full-size table, seating, etc. I was thinking estimating bare minimum would be approximately 13 x 10 - but curious on your thoughts on my approach below (e.g. assuming 36" of clearing for seating on each side) and your experience on this question.

ptable.jpg

Define full size table ... i would say 96 instead of your 84 but that is just my opinion.

I would agree 3 ft around the table is a comfortable min but more is better to get around that 1 guy who doesnt have his chair tucked in as much as he should...

Define full size table ... i would say 96 instead of your 84 but that is just my opinion.

I would agree 3 ft around the table is a comfortable min but more is better to get around that 1 guy who doesnt have his chair tucked in as much as he should...

You're right - 96. Quickie Googling gets people bad info :)

You need a place for buffet and fridge.

Yeah, and even if you're thinking about not having food and drink options available, you're gonna want something - shelving, bookcase, something.

I use that term loosely. It is where you put your food and stuff. It might be cabinets. Shelves. Chest. Folding Table with a cooler under it.

This is a buffet.

A566DF4D-3663-410E-9370-18FF800E3A24.jpeg

Or this:

30C8C66E-D3D0-4F05-9F0B-DA17B0AF33E5.jpeg

Or (this the table on the wall)

9DF27B54-47CC-4E59-954A-DA68A5A00CE8.jpeg

92x44 is ideal table size. It’s science.

As for room size, bigger is better, unless you want your crew to feel like sardines.

Definitely don't - but just trying to figure out what houses/plans I need to be nixing based on room size for this space. Bigger would be ideal, but when is small "too small"?

Definitely don't - but just trying to figure out what houses/plans I need to be nixing based on room size for this space. Bigger would be ideal, but when is small "too small"?

Here’s a space I mapped out in my space... it’s 10x15 and would be the minimum space I’d want. In the photos, the chairs are pushed in, and while people are seated, there’s only room on the one side for people to move past. The open end would work for a buffet or table with snacks.

Any smaller and it’d feel like a sardine can. Still too small for my Likes...

33398FDB-6DBB-43F3-B357-0C5F622876FC.jpeg
AD30224C-3FD2-4603-80B3-49927D3B527D.jpeg

Here’s a space I mapped out in my space... it’s 10x15 and would be the minimum space I’d want. In the photos, the chairs are pushed in, and while people are seated, there’s only room on the one side for people to move past. The open end would work for a buffet or table with snacks.

View attachment 167728 View attachment 167729
You are the best - wish I could double like that.

I think I would want a min of 4 ft around the table and as stated some room to store chips/display chips and refreshments....unless you are putting in a full bar somewhere else. perhaps another 2-3 ft on top on one of the sides or ends

92x44 is ideal table size. It’s science.

As for room size, bigger is better, unless you want your crew to feel like sardines.

Apologies in advance for my ignorance on the subject. Is 92x44 good up to 10 players?

View attachment 167728View attachment 167729
Nice setup! What size is your table?

I have walls now. Space viewed from right to left. That mini hallway is going to be a butlers pantry (bar)....just like this room is a study (poker room). The big doors just came in - 8 footers, and those cutouts are there for a reason.
.20181020_111114.jpg20181020_111306.jpg20181020_111119.jpg20181020_111127.jpg

Congrats and best wishes for the completion of the room!
If just a poker table (never a dining one) the dimensions mentioned above are proven to be OK.
If also a dining table, or if you want to make it really comfortable, I would go with at least 24 inches of circumference per player (ie 46x94in).
Ideally, my dream table would be less oblong and as round-ish as possible, at 54x90in, so that everybody can see each other, while being able to reach the middle (from the sides).
36in is indeed the minimum distance from table edge to wall or corridor or kitchenette, although if one of the long sides runs along just a wall, that distance could be marginally reduced to 30in if ivevitable (not recommended, for sure).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom