Interest MATSUI plaque racks (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will probably move forward with this project, just because there does seem to be quite a bit of interest despite the high shipping costs. Give me a few weeks to get organized, and I'll see where we're at on this. My current count has us around 33 / 50 / 50 for the small / medium / large plaque racks.

$3.50 each, not including outrageous shipping. No clue what that would be at this point.
You must have some great negotiating skills my friend. Matsui was has been pretty firm lately with not selling their chip racks unless you had a chip order placed. Sounds like they might be loosening up on their stance.

You must have some great negotiating skills my friend. Matsui was has been pretty firm lately with not selling their chip racks unless you had a chip order placed. Sounds like they might be loosening up on their stance.
I literally just flat-out asked. But sure, let’s just say I’m a master negotiator! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

47504E5B-1FCA-4E31-9A44-C2C5D4091C8B.gif

I’ll probably be in for a couple as well. My current storage for 48mm isn’t very space efficient and doesn’t fit 50mm.

I'll post an official group buy thread for these racks sometime in the next few weeks. Just to get a better feel for how serious people are with the updated prices.

I will make sure to tag everyone who has posted in this "interest" thread.

At those prices, I hope their packing has improved. Of these racks that I've bought in the past, the majority have arrived broken in some way. The dividers seem to be a particularly weak point...

At those prices, I hope their packing has improved. Of these racks that I've bought in the past, the majority have arrived broken in some way. The dividers seem to be a particularly weak point...
Chip racks or plaque racks? The plaque racks are very thick. Much more than the chip racks. And yes, the prices are high, but if they only ship using FedEx now, we don’t have much of a choice. We want what we want. :cool

Chip racks or plaque racks? The plaque racks are very thick. Much more than the chip racks. And yes, the prices are high, but if they only ship using FedEx now, we don’t have much of a choice. We want what we want. :cool
Plaque racks. I've received two out of six that weren't damaged. :(

any updates?
Prices are just kind of crazy IMO. The rack prices are reasonable, but their only shipping option is FedEx, which adds about 150% to the rack cost. For example, 50 racks of each size (SM, MD, LG) was just under $900 for the racks, but shipping was about $1350 for a total of $2250.

Then we need to deal with re-shipping costs, and the Matsui racks take up a lot of space. For example, a MFRB only fits 6 small plaque racks (or 4 medium plaque racks), and a LFRB only fits 8 small plaque racks (or 6 medium plaque racks).

For you specifically @davislane , you should probably place an order directly to get the best price. It wouldn't make much sense to ship from Korea to the USA and then back to Australia. I am happy to share my contact information with you.

That said, I will still run with this if there is enough interest. I will start a new interest thread and tag everyone who posted in this one. It will have a short window, though, so that we can place an order right away if people want to move forward.

Ah screw it. My new thread will be the actual group buy. But I will only proceed if there are enough orders. Stay tuned ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom