Matsui Chips w/ 27mm labels (1 Viewer)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have samples or had chips made using any of these molds?

2021-07-20_21-53-25.png

I haven't, but it was one of the options I considered when I got my set, and I believe they had a surcharge of $0.50/chip or something for them. I can't imagine the extra weight is worth it. They already have a solid weight, so it would just be excessive at that point, IMO.

From what I was told, you can make a special request to leave out the metal insert but the chips would be in the 7g range which is a bit too light IMO. Not having the 1st spot color injection ring around the label seems interesting for these.

These are available in 40, 43 and 45 mm. I suppose 45 mm chips without a metal insert could have a decent weight to them… :unsure:

For plastic chips those aren’t bad. :)

I’ll check my samples but might forget tonight. Didn’t you get every type of sample from them?

For plastic chips those aren’t bad. :)

I’ll check my samples but might forget tonight. Didn’t you get every type of sample from them?

I just double checked my samples and I have a few of the cc-910-e chips.

PXL_20210722_022957951.jpg

Going to see if I can get some more samples of these (different molds) in 39mm and 43mm. Maybe 45mm if they have them.

PXL_20210722_023541416.jpg

Last edited:
From what I was told, you can make a special request to leave out the metal insert but the chips would be in the 7g range which is a bit too light IMO. Not having the 1st spot color injection ring around the label seems interesting for these.
Oh, that sounds pretty cool. Definitely on the light side, but they could make for some cool chips.
I just double checked my samples and I have a few of the cc-910-e chips.

View attachment 740280

Going to see if I can get some more samples of these (different molds) in 39mm and 43mm. Maybe 45mm if they have them.

View attachment 740282
That doesn't look like the CC-910-E. Looks like a normal decal value chip.

Oh, that sounds pretty cool. Definitely on the light side, but they could make for some cool chips.

That doesn't look like the CC-910-E. Looks like a normal decal value chip.

hmm. yeah, definitely not cc-910-e which has 5 spots.

You should balance it on edge - then you can see the front and back at the same time :)

Interesting, but how do you design around dirty stacks? Maybe for a limit set?
C8466309-E775-44E8-ADB3-5A43D8CDC05A.jpeg

Interesting, but how do you design around dirty stacks? Maybe for a limit set?View attachment 743751
Simple, you put that chip away and never look at it again. ;) If someone likes that design, yeah I think a limit set is the best use for that style.

I may do something with these molds.

PXL_20210727_174812900.jpg

40mm 2 color has 7 mold options
40mm 3 color has 6 mold options (plus one 4 color option)
43mm 2 color has 6 mold options
43mm 3 color had 6 mold options (plus one 4 color option)

Simple, you put that chip away and never look at it again. ;) If someone likes that design, yeah I think a limit set is the best use for that style.

I may do something with these molds.

View attachment 743791
The glitter ring is interesting. Would love to see it in a full set.

what I don't like is that we have 5 spot places but only 4 value spots. It makes them looking strange in my opinion.
I'm not sure I understand. Are you referring to the stock inner ring values?

yes, these with the inner ring
You know me, I like custom inner rings but it does look like the stock ring denons have more options now on the tool. 5, 25, 100, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10K, 50K, 200K. Missing the 1, though, and the 20 for those who prefer that over the 25 like me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom