Matsui Cash Mocks (2 Viewers)

mipevi

Full House
Reaction score
Just mucking about, lacking a concept etc. but I rather like these... :coffee:

full

I could also go with a yellow oversized 20 chip, but then I'd need to come up with another frac I like... Maybe go with plaques for 20 / 100 values if necessary.

Round 2:

full

Lemon is currently duplicated, but other than that I'm pretty happy with these. Add a snazzy glitter inlay and we're in business... Time for a PCF Euro-GB? :sneaky:

Round 2:

full

Lemon is currently duplicated, but other than that I'm pretty happy with these. Add a snazzy glitter inlay and we're in business... Time for a PCF Euro-GB? :sneaky:

If the price was right, I'd be in for 800-1000 of a tournament set, but shipping to the US might make take this out of my bankroll's grasp.

full

I would love to have color matching (or with variation, but still unique to that denom) decals, frac maybe being the exception. Would get expensive with the setup fees though, so need some friends to come along... :whistle: :whistling:

Added a 500 chip, now could easily run a deep tourney with these using T5's and up. Not a fan of beveled edges on plastic chips, I think to avoid them these would all need to be 39mm.

For the decal I'm thinking maybe a glittery chinese dragon, something similar to this:

full

Also removing the currency symbols.

full

I'm getting a color-kit, so will see how the colors work together IRL. :)

Looking good!

I have the colour kit and some if the colours are very difficult to match to the screen version...and the 'live' version - especially the oranges....

Is the 5 Crimson/White?..... OK, if I actually read what the previous posts state, I would already know that they're Crimson/Cream :whistle: :whistling:

Hi, are you thinking of getting a group order for your design? I like the design so far. I have seen the matsui sites. I am new here. I am interested to know more.

Hi, are you thinking of getting a group order for your design? I like the design so far. I have seen the matsui sites. I am new here. I am interested to know more.

Hi and welcome! Yes I will probably open this for anyone here wanting a set. This will help reduce the cost per chip by spreading the decal artwork charge as well as meet the 500 per chip minimum (if under 500, will cost +15%). Still a bit far away as things will move slowly, but stay tuned.

I like the Asian theme/Glittery Dragon too. Depending on the price I might be interested in a set, I even like the design on that dragon chip with the flower/lotus.

Looking good!

I have the colour kit and some if the colours are very difficult to match to the screen version...and the 'live' version - especially the oranges....

Is the 5 Crimson/White?..... OK, if I actually read what the previous posts state, I would already know that they're Crimson/Cream :whistle: :whistling:

even between the coulor kit and the real chips is a difference esp irish green and vermillion

even between the coulor kit and the real chips is a difference esp irish green and vermillion

I've seen a really great, brigjt orange on a live chip...I just don't know what colour it is in the Matsui universe....

The DG Orange on the colour kit doesn't look DG at all.....

I think one of the problems with the colour kit is that the pieces are not 'polished'/'finished'.

My main problem in getting a set put together is that I'm concerned about the finished colours....I would hate to spend the money on a Matsui set and not be entirely satisfied with the colours afterwards....

Disappointing if the color kit doesn't accurately represent the finished colors. Suppose I could do a little polishing if the pieces are unfinished...

Thinking I'll check with Abbiati regarding their pricing as well. ;)

Edit: Not really into the options for Abbiati inner ring chips, the inserts won't flow as nicely and I'm fond of the decorative touches between the denoms Matsui offers... Also Abbiati offers a single glitter style, which isn't the best one for dragon scales IMO. So staying the course with Matsui at least for now, luckily they've produced a few sets into the community already, so some pr0n of different colors is available.

Last edited:
Hi....500 per chip minimum (if under 500, will cost +15%). Still a bit far away as things will move slowly, but stay tuned.

Thanks for the reply. I usually play 2/5 fyi.
I like the idea of some glittery inlay as well. Keep it up.

I cant commit to the group order as yet, cos THERE ARE SO MANY OPTIONS in the brochure to like! ;)

Finally, what is the ballpark price per chip if less than 500 per chip?

Last edited:
I didn't ask exact prices yet, so this is just a guesstimate, but probably around €1.30-1.70 per chip, depending on number of colors and w/ or w/o glitter...

Yeah no need to commit now, I will put up an actual order thread when things move forward.

I got the color kit, and some colors seem very different to their catalogue versions. For example crimson is pretty far from what I expected. Back to the drawing board! :coffee:

full

Also got some samples, and the non-beveled chips have really sharp edges, beveled ones feel much nicer. I'm doing a 180, beveled 40mm is the way to go, which also opens the possibility of beveled oversized chips... :sneaky:

full

Last edited:
Disappointing if the color kit doesn't accurately represent the finished colors. Suppose I could do a little polishing if the pieces are unfinished...

I think they meant the color kit doesn't match what they have on screen, so it's hard to make accurate mock-ups. It's hard to represent the finished colors on-screen.

@Mental Nomad Yes that too, and to a higher degree. But also that the color kit vs. finished chips have some variation in color, probably due to chips being very polished and the color kit pieces not. I don't expect the latter to be too much of an issue though.

@Verebrant The marble effect material is a bit weird, I can feel where the inserts begin with my fingernail. I only got two colors, but have been looking at them online, and IMO not all of them were created equal. Gold looks pretty cool and I have a plan... ;)

That is a really cool "sample" set. May I inquire as to how much that cost? Were there choices or was it just a standard package?

I got them for free, but expect to be paying in the form of an order... o_O

I assume they sent me whatever they had available.

Reactions: LHT
@mipevi I may have a plan for something in bronze....but may consider them without inserts then...

Do you have any idea how they are priced compared to the ordinary inner rings?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom