Managing Your Poker Night Invites and Responses (3 Viewers)

Just use signupgenius. Open 10 seats. First come first serve. I have a list of about 40-50 people. The invite is always full the same day it goes out with 100% on time attendance.

If you’re late, you can’t sign up for the next one. If you cancel a few days before and can’t fill your seat, you can’t sign up for the next one. If you no show, you’re off the list permanently, no 2nd chance.

Never had an issue. As I said, it fills the same day with 100% attendance and I definitely save myself the gray hair of having to micromanage everyone. People understand. People that host other events themselves definitely understand. #noflakes.

Just use signupgenius. Open 10 seats. First come first serve. I have a list of about 40-50 people. The invite is always full the same day it goes out with 100% on time attendance.

If you’re late, you can’t sign up for the next one. If you cancel a few days before and can’t fill your seat, you can’t sign up for the next one. If you no show, you’re off the list permanently, no 2nd chance.

Never had an issue. As I said, it fills the same day with 100% attendance and I definitely save myself the gray hair of having to micromanage everyone. People understand. People that host other events themselves definitely understand. #noflakes.
Some of my Dinosaur players would never figure that out. #DinosaurFriendly

Safe to authorize to my google account data? Looking for opinions.
It names me as the developer...but I'm rubbish with this kind of stuff.

What info is required of the invitees? Do I have to have an email and phone number? Or is it just through email?

What info is required of the invitees? Do I have to have an email and phone number? Or is it just through email?
Those two fields are for your own reference. They don’t need to be populated. The sheet does not do any sending of emails or texts - at least not yet.

What you need to pay attention to are the personalized links. Those are the links you need to send to each individual. I use SendHype to do this. That app lets you create a template to get this done in one shot.

Those two fields are for your own reference. They don’t need to be populated. The sheet does not do any sending of emails or texts - at least not yet.

What you need to pay attention to are the personalized links. Those are the links you need to send to each individual. I use SendHype to do this. That app lets you create a template to get this done in one shot.

Thanks for doing this!

Is SendHype only compatible with Apple? If so, does anyone have any other recommendations?

Thanks for doing this!

Is SendHype only compatible with Apple? If so, does anyone have any other recommendations?
Yes, I use it on my iPhone. I don’t think they have one for android.

You’ll have to buy it to send to more than five people, but it’s cheap

This is so awesome to play around with! I've been having fun messing with the settings and getting it set up. I think it's practically perfect as far as the responses, probabilities, and waitlist function (thanks for adding that, by the way). Getting all the personal links sent out each week is something I'll have figure out. How much is Sendhype?

This is so awesome to play around with! I've been having fun messing with the settings and getting it set up. I think it's practically perfect as far as the responses, probabilities, and waitlist function (thanks for adding that, by the way). Getting all the personal links sent out each week is something I'll have figure out. How much is Sendhype?
It was like five bucks for a lifetime subscription. The app is relatively new and the developer has been adding new features regularly.

Download SendHype, the best mass text messaging app for iPhone. https://apps.apple.com/app/sendhype-mass-group-text/id1568456577

Can I please get this spreadsheet as well? I use homepokersystem.com however lately invites are going to spam folders way more than it used to, even after being put on a safe list.

tonyc@chanmanpokertables.com.

TIA.

Hey everyone,
I want to clarify something that has been a common theme in the questions.

This sheet does not actually send invites our - at least not yet. It relies on you sending personalized links to each person you are inviting. I use SendHype to make this task easier, but you can use anything you want.

The spreadsheet does generate the URLs for you in the Guests tab. You can derive it on your own too. Its: <base url>?name=<first>%20<last>

What the sheet does do is accept responses from those links and present them for you and everyone to see.

Since I dont have any Apple devices, I've decided to try using Google Voice to send the links out via text. It's free, I can do it from my desktop, and probably will take less than 5 minutes to text out the links to 20 individuals. Just thought I'd share.

Since I dont have any Apple devices, I've decided to try using Google Voice to send the links out via text. It's free, I can do it from my desktop, and probably will take less than 5 minutes to text out the links to 20 individuals. Just thought I'd share.
I hope to some day be able to do that right from the sheet.

I hope to some day be able to do that right from the sheet.
This, in my opinion, would make it perfect. I’ve been debating how I’m going to send out invites every week - the SendHype app, google voice, email, etc. It’d be cool to just hit a button in the sheet and have it integrate with google voice or something and send texts. How do you use SendHype? The shortcut fields it has are first name, last name, company, and prefix. Do you just put each person’s link in their contact under one of those fields?

The other thought I had for a simplified system would be a single link to the sign up sheet that I could send to everyone in a group text vs personalized links. Then when people get to the sheet they can select/type in their name and update their status. Is a system like that possible or no? I guess the problem would be no security preventing someone from changing other peroples’ status or making up fake names? Not that I think that’d be an issue with my group.

This, in my opinion, would make it perfect. I’ve been debating how I’m going to send out invites every week - the SendHype app, google voice, email, etc. It’d be cool to just hit a button in the sheet and have it integrate with google voice or something and send texts. How do you use SendHype? The shortcut fields it has are first name, last name, company, and prefix. Do you just put each person’s link in their contact under one of those fields?

The other thought I had for a simplified system would be a single link to the sign up sheet that I could send to everyone in a group text vs personalized links. Then when people get to the sheet they can select/type in their name and update their status. Is a system like that possible or no? I guess the problem would be no security preventing someone from changing other peroples’ status or making up fake names? Not that I think that’d be an issue with my group.

I don't think anyone in my group would purposely mess with another players RSVP, but I'm 100% certain it would not take long for it to happen by accident.

How do you use SendHype? The shortcut fields it has are first name, last name, company, and prefix. Do you just put each person’s link in their contact under one of those fields?
I use the base link appended with the SendHype fields. Like this:

1637270454397.png

Just make sure your names in SendHype match the spreadsheet exactly.

The “security” concern is exactly why I didn’t implement this. But you’re not alone in asking for this and I’ll look to implement this as an option in the future. You’d basically land on a Who Are You? page and then be brought to the page you see now after making that selection.

Hi everyone,
I completed version 2.2 of my invite tracker. It contains a bunch of new fixes and features. I will be sharing it with all those who reached out shortly.

I think my next endeavor will be to mail enable this app so that you can do everything in one place.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom