MAN CAVE Pics thread - no stack posts (2 Viewers)

I am in the middle stage of putting together my man cave and would like some input from you vets. The basement is completely furnished and I nearly done hanging all the pictures etc. What I don't have yet is any type of bar. The room is just a big rectangle with no plumbing so I was planning to keep it simple and maybe just get a beer fridge. Any thoughts on drinks setup?

Also I don't have any tables for drinks at all. I was considering mounting a finished piece of wood to the wall to act as a shelf for people to put their drinks on. not really sure yet.

Any thoughts on a good humidor that can store 25-100 cigars or something in that range. I am kinda picky on the humidor as I know you buy them all over the internet for cheap. I want to get a unique good looking one preferably below $500

For now I have a cheap table topper setup with Dunes China Clay chips. I will post some pics when I get a little further.

Depending on how much you like beer - I'd vote for a keg fridge. Either free standing or built into a bar. Nothing like free flowing draft beer at home. Most will fit x2 slim kegs, so you can offer a variety.

Cigar humidor - if you want quality don't buy off the Internet. Most off of that is junk with terrible seals, you'd be fighting the humidity all year round. I'd highly recommend either an off the shelf humidor from Savoy (Desktop or Executive) and stay away from glass tops - they leak like crazy. A custom option would be from Waxing Moon Humidors. Expensive, but worth every penny. I hope to have one of my own one day. Also - a wine fridge converted will hold many more, see my pics in this thread!

http://www.waxingmoonhumidors.com/

And a link showing you what you buy on the Internet.

http://www.waxingmoonhumidors.com/information/competition

I am in the middle stage of putting together my man cave and would like some input from you vets. The basement is completely furnished and I nearly done hanging all the pictures etc. What I don't have yet is any type of bar. The room is just a big rectangle with no plumbing so I was planning to keep it simple and maybe just get a beer fridge. Any thoughts on drinks setup?

Also I don't have any tables for drinks at all. I was considering mounting a finished piece of wood to the wall to act as a shelf for people to put their drinks on. not really sure yet.

Any thoughts on a good humidor that can store 25-100 cigars or something in that range. I am kinda picky on the humidor as I know you buy them all over the internet for cheap. I want to get a unique good looking one preferably below $500

For now I have a cheap table topper setup with Dunes China Clay chips. I will post some pics when I get a little further.

My wife bought me this wine/liquor cabinet a few years ago. It looks great and functions well with plenty of storage.

I like it a lot more than a traditional walk behind bar. They take up a lot of room and unless you are going to have a person playing bar tender all night it is a pain in the ass walking behind it to make a drink then back around it every time.

Kegorators are nice if you plan on hosting on a weekly type basis so the beer doesn't get stale sitting around. Otherwise I would get a small regular fridge. I picked up a basic fridge from Home Depot for about $400 and it even came in black so it looks good in the man cave.

IMG_3408.JPG

My wife bought me this wine/liquor cabinet a few years ago. It looks great and functions well with plenty of storage.

I like it a lot more than a traditional walk behind bar. They take up a lot of room and unless you are going to have a person playing bar tender all night it is a pain in the ass walking behind it to make a drink then back around it every time.

Kegorators are nice if you plan on hosting on a weekly type basis so the beer doesn't get stale sitting around. Otherwise I would get a small regular fridge. I picked up a basic fridge from Home Depot for about $400 and it even came in black so it looks good in the man cave.

View attachment 119865
That's sweet! I 100% agree with the comment of a walk behind bar. If you don't have a bartender they are a pain in the ass.

Beer in a kegarator will keep for for up to 6 months depending on style. But a fridge with a variety of cans & bottles is always better for those who consume less.

Depending on how much you like beer - I'd vote for a keg fridge. Either free standing or built into a bar. Nothing like free flowing draft beer at home. Most will fit x2 slim kegs, so you can offer a variety.

Cigar humidor - if you want quality don't buy off the Internet. Most off of that is junk with terrible seals, you'd be fighting the humidity all year round. I'd highly recommend either an off the shelf humidor from Savoy (Desktop or Executive) and stay away from glass tops - they leak like crazy. A custom option would be from Waxing Moon Humidors. Expensive, but worth every penny. I hope to have one of my own one day. Also - a wine fridge converted will hold many more, see my pics in this thread!

just wow. You get what you pay for....still holds true. Thanks a ton for this input on the humidor. I might end up going the waxing moon route because I want something really sick that will last (hopefully) a lifetime. As I am sure you know having a so so humidor just makes you nervous if you end up spending 400-500+ on cigars.

A couple friends have the kegerators and they are fun but I may not host enough to make it worth it. I might end up doing this only twice a month +/-. Also just personal preference I like to mix it up and drink different beers. We have so many good options with craft brews and different things I am not a massive fan of drinking the same thing. However, if my game picks up I will look at the keg option for sure.

Rhodeman, thanks for the input on the mini-bar this is exactly what I need. Space is a concern so a walk-around bar is out of the question. What do you typically do for ice?

I am set for the bar then. I will get the mini fridge with a liquor cabinet. Converting a wine fridge is also a good idea.

+1 for the converted "wine-idor." That's what my brother did for his collection. He is hosting Cigar-a-palooza (cigargeeks.com annual meetup) and can't wait to free up some space in it.

20160317_204927.jpg

+1 for the converted "wine-idor." That's what my brother did for his collection. He is hosting Cigar-a-palooza (cigargeeks.com annual meetup) and can't wait to free up some space in it.

View attachment 119987
I like that one! Looks much bigger than mine (below). I hope he enjoys the meet-up - I'm not a member of cigargeek - I was on puff.com for a while and now am just part of a Habano Forum and several Facebook groups. A herf is always a good time! (y) :thumbsup:

20160804_132022.jpg

Wine-idor is very cool to hold large collections. I am a noob and really only plan to smoke in the summer (no fun being outside during Canadian winters). I had a Montecristo last night with Buffalo Trace whiskey.... good times.

I am working to get a local game going where I live. I basically am 1.5 hours outside of the city in a rural area so it is going to take some networking but I am confident we can get it rolling. My plan is to host poker nights alongside UFC events on saturday nights to create some buzz (big UFC fan myself).

#excited.

It is too bad everyone is spread out as I would love to crash some of your home games just for the xp.

I like that one! Looks much bigger than mine (below). I hope he enjoys the meet-up - I'm not a member of cigargeek - I was on puff.com for a while and now am just part of a Habano Forum and several Facebook groups. A herf is always a good time! (y) :thumbsup:

View attachment 120019
He just started a podcast called The Herfcast if you want to check it out. He just released his 3rd episode.

Wine-idor is very cool to hold large collections. I am a noob and really only plan to smoke in the summer (no fun being outside during Canadian winters). I had a Montecristo last night with Buffalo Trace whiskey.... good times.

I am working to get a local game going where I live. I basically am 1.5 hours outside of the city in a rural area so it is going to take some networking but I am confident we can get it rolling. My plan is to host poker nights alongside UFC events on saturday nights to create some buzz (big UFC fan myself).

#excited.

It is too bad everyone is spread out as I would love to crash some of your home games just for the xp.

It's crazy how fast a collection can build up. I don't even smoke cigars and I have a humidor full of them.

As far as getting to some members home games try and plan for a meetup...best way to spend a weekend and usually a long lead time for planning!!

Just finished cleaning and setting up the basement for tomorrow's game. Fridge is stock with beer, both good and cheap.

I picked up a pool table cover for the main table. I think it fits it pretty well. $18 or so on Amazon. The cat seems to think it is his personal bed lately. Cleaning cat hair off it was annoying to say the least.

IMG_3467.JPG
IMG_3468.JPG

Still flip flopping on humidors. What do you think about the Cohiba and Montecristo branded humidors available on eBay and Amazon? Is it wrong to assume that these big brands will also make quality humidors that maintain seal.

Still flip flopping on humidors. What do you think about the Cohiba and Montecristo branded humidors available on eBay and Amazon? Is it wrong to assume that these big brands will also make quality humidors that maintain seal.
Can't really comment without seeing the link, but it's likely the same junk that's just branded. If you want one like that just for show, keep the cigars in a sealed Tupperware with a Boveda pack I side the humidor. No fuss and you won't have to worry about seal. But the cigar hobby can grow just as big and expensive as the chip hobby and you don't want to store 100s of dollars of sticks in a cheap humi. Nothing wrong with starting small though.

View attachment 122731

Getting there. Need more Cubs decor, and a bigger TV.

Nice room, those chairs look great!

If the room is mostly used for poker, I would say don't worry about the tv. They slow the game down a lot!!! I have 2 in my Man Cave and will only turn them on if a player requests it. A good stereo for some background music is much more conducive to a good night of poker.

And screw the Cubs!!! Go Tribe!! It's our year!! :D

If the room is mostly used for poker, I would say don't worry about the tv. They slow the game down a lot!!! I have 2 in my Man Cave and will only turn them on if a player requests it. A good stereo for some background music is much more conducive to a good night of poker.

Haha, nice streak... but we’re taking the rings again!!!!

The table and chairs are not setup like that other than for poker night, so I am wanting a bigger TV for sports/movies. Also, as my kids get a little older they will be using it too. Most likely, I’ll be upgrading the 55” living room to a 70” and sending the 55 down there.

It does slow down the game, but some of my players wouldn’t come if they were missing something. :rolleyes:

I almost 'liked' this post but you lost me when you mentioned Tito and the Tribe. Here we go Red Sox here we go! :D

I almost 'liked' this post but you lost me when you mentioned Tito and the Tribe. Here we go Red Sox here we go! :D

Going all the way home!! The Sox will probably get lucky and avoid the Tribe until the ALCS so if they can get past the Astros they will get the honor of losing to us then! :D

I would say don't worry about the tv. They slow the game down a lot!!!

Ya, this. I got a bigger TV in my basement, but my standing rule for poker is the TV stays off. I enjoy listening to some good music, and there’s no reason to have the TV on, unless Players are wanting to watch something... and watching TV AND poker aren’t easy to do at the same time.

Those lights look awfully dim, but that might just be the logo on them, ohhhh snap!

I'm trying to make a reference about bad coaching and shady goaltending (yes I may be a fan, but I always admit their faults) and I just can't tie it in to this light.

Okay okay..."these lights are about as dim as Hakstol's mind"

I tried.

View attachment 120019

Where did you order your drawers? I have have been using a coolidor and am waiting for stuff from someone who takes forever

cave.jpg
Here is a pic of my more or less complete poker man cave setup. I am happy with everything right now except for the table topper. Really disappointed with that purchase. I wasted 150 on what is a fugly topper. Anyway I have already paid a deposit on a basic table from Chanman that looks exactly like Rhodeman's.

I have hosted several games so far and it has been a blast. I also started a facebook group which is taking off. So far so good.

Here is a pic of the humidor I ended up getting (100 ct). The only things I need to complete my setup are the table, beer fridge, and a shelf for liquor. Thanks for input gents.

humidor.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom