Lucky me (2 Viewers)

BPTDirector

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
So why does this piss me off? Mid tournament I look down at KK, in cutoff so make 2.5 x raise and button(good friend of mine) shoves, I call for 80% of my stack, he shows A3, hits an A on the flop and celebrates in my face. Crippled, I begin to slowly make a comeback, doing ok and get 99 highjack position, he calls with KK. I spike a 9 on the flop and win the hand, go on to bink tourney, and all I hear about is how lucky I was to spike the set, incessantly. I so wanted to kick his ass but held my temper just counting my winnings. I hope he doesn’t bring it up in a text today( we usually do a rerun the day after ) or I’m not sure what I’ll do about the luckbox comments that he will bring up.

Anyone else suffer through this shit?

I'm assuming you're all played enough poker together to understand the variance, everyone suffers from recency bias, we always remember the bad losses and forget about all the times our good hands held. The fact that you are already preparing for the negative comments allows you to also spend time preparing for your response. There is no need to waste energy getting frustrated because of the variance in the game. After all it is a big reason why the game is so great and keeps us coming back for more.

mel gibson braveheart GIF

Last night I call an all in after the turn and have the player covered. I have a pair, double gutter straight draws & 4 to a flush. They have a higher pair and that's it. Basically can only hit 2 pair or trips. I make the flush and am hit with bitterness about how "you sucked out" so i said "but did I" and then "I knew I was ahead" so I said "but were you".

So why does this piss me off? Mid tournament I look down at KK, in cutoff so make 2.5 x raise and button(good friend of mine) shoves, I call for 80% of my stack, he shows A3, hits an A on the flop and celebrates in my face. Crippled, I begin to slowly make a comeback, doing ok and get 99 highjack position, he calls with KK. I spike a 9 on the flop and win the hand, go on to bink tourney, and all I hear about is how lucky I was to spike the set, incessantly. I so wanted to kick his ass but held my temper just counting my winnings. I hope he doesn’t bring it up in a text today( we usually do a rerun the day after ) or I’m not sure what I’ll do about the luckbox comments that he will bring up.

Anyone else suffer through this shit?
Beat him to the punch. Send a text first thing talking about how lucky he was to crack your kings.

I mean, I personally like it when those I play against consider me a luck box or anything else that makes them consider me a worse player. Then you get more action from others. Sure, we all have egos and it's nice to get "credit" for winning or whatever but really, does it matter all that much? Having the $$$ is what matters most. Also, none of us is as good as we think we are, lol. I listen to the guys I respect in the game and just ignore anyone else's comments.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom