Found Looking for someone to build me a Nanuk 1000 chip case with foam (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windwalker

4 of a Kind
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Not sure if this belongs in the classifieds, but since I’m paying for it, figured I’d try.

I’m looking for someone who knows the sizes and is savvy with building a custom Nanuk case to build me one, as soon as possible.

Will pay for materials, service, labor and convenience.

Here are my requirements:

- Nanuk (or similar premium case) with rollaway capability.
- Preferably darker color
- able to house the following 1000 chips snugly
- foam cutouts to stack this specific set of chips.

200 x $500 (thc)
300 x $1000 (ihc)
200 x $5000 (ihc)
100 x $25,000 (ihc)
100 x $100,000 (ihc)
60 x $500,000 (ihc)
40 x $1MM (fathat)

They need to be housed in traditional racks, or matsui racks, whatever works best for the case / carrying.

Please PM me with your quote, including your labor / premium. Looking to get this done in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks for looking.

justin racks would be the solution here for all 3 sizes
Sure, but racks in three different sizes is not optimal for travel. Maybe with some foam spacers it'd be. Also I wouldn't house three barrels of 43mm chips in a 50mm rack as is, so either looking at 11 racks total or some padding for those barrels.

For anyone looking to do this, unless you have properly sized racks ready, going with justin racks is likely your best option given the time frame. But personally I'd get all 50mm racks so they stack and pad the insides a bit with different thickness foams to achieve a snug fit for all 39/43/48mm chip sizes. GL!

fyi.. either of these Pelican cases should work well for your project:

Pelican 1510 (I own one of these and have housed over a 1000 chips in it)
Pelican Air 1535 - a bit lighter than the 1510 (PVC instead of Polypropylene)

Both are Watertight, Crush-Proof and dust-proof and meet FAA maximum size requirements for carry-on.

All can be achieved here as mentioned above with "Justin" aka Tina racks. The case will need to be slightly longer than a standard 4800 case. (Apache makes a rolling 5800 case that would work perfectly here) not sure what the comparable Nanuk would cost or the model number...

We would layout with the double stacked 39mm racks to the left, 3 double stack of the 43mm racks, the right row would have the 43mm cut out beneath the 48mm rack. Not some overly complicated scenario.

The bad thing with the Apache is that you are sacrificing the cut foam for pluck foam (less durable and susceptible to additional breakage, you can plasti spray paint to reinforce the squares but not the same as cut foam).

I do own all 3 size racks @Windwalker and can help if you don't mind going with a pluck foam version. The case itself IMO is of the same quality as a Nanuk though others may have varying opinions.
Screenshot_20230915_094019_eBay.jpg

(Image borrowed from and eBay seller and NOT TCB though they will likely try to take credit)

I have yet to build a 5800 and it is very likely bottom foam will need to be added to set the racks to the correct height so that the foam in the top cover is applying the correct preasure to keep the racks in place and secure so the tops do not come off during travel.

?s? For OP...
1) is pluck foam acceptable
2) do you own Tina racks in all 3 sizes?
3) is a cheaper grade rack acceptable for the higher end set they will be carrying?
4) the 60 ihc/40 48mm split rack will need spacers inside the rack for the 3 barrels of IHCs unless you don't mind 5mm of wiggle room

If the answer to all of these questions is "I'm not that picky, just need a case" then the Apache 5800 will work.

Ben

Should be able to order a custom cut foam insert for just about any pelican-style case to accommodate different rack sizes. Don't recall the specific company, but several PCFers have done this.

Personally, I'd just 3D-print one custom chip tray that had three 43mm barrels and two 48mm barrels, and order a custom case foam insert designed to hold two 39mm racks, seven 43mm racks, the custom 43mm/48mm rack, card set-ups, and dealer button.

Should be able to order a custom cut foam insert for just about any pelican-style case to accommodate different rack sizes. Don't recall the specific company, but several PCFers have done this.

Personally, I'd just 3D-print one custom chip tray that had three 43mm barrels and two 48mm barrels, and order a custom case foam insert designed to hold two 39mm racks, seven 43mm racks, the custom 43mm/48mm rack, card set-ups, and dealer button.
The one I've seen suggested in the past is https://mycasebuilder.com/

All can be achieved here as mentioned above with "Justin" aka Tina racks. The case will need to be slightly longer than a standard 4800 case. (Apache makes a rolling 5800 case that would work perfectly here) not sure what the comparable Nanuk would cost or the model number...

We would layout with the double stacked 39mm racks to the left, 3 double stack of the 43mm racks, the right row would have the 43mm cut out beneath the 48mm rack. Not some overly complicated scenario.

The bad thing with the Apache is that you are sacrificing the cut foam for pluck foam (less durable and susceptible to additional breakage, you can plasti spray paint to reinforce the squares but not the same as cut foam).

I do own all 3 size racks @Windwalker and can help if you don't mind going with a pluck foam version. The case itself IMO is of the same quality as a Nanuk though others may have varying opinions.
View attachment 1195664
(Image borrowed from and eBay seller and NOT TCB though they will likely try to take credit)

I have yet to build a 5800 and it is very likely bottom foam will need to be added to set the racks to the correct height so that the foam in the top cover is applying the correct preasure to keep the racks in place and secure so the tops do not come off during travel.

?s? For OP...
1) is pluck foam acceptable
2) do you own Tina racks in all 3 sizes?
3) is a cheaper grade rack acceptable for the higher end set they will be carrying?
4) the 60 ihc/40 48mm split rack will need spacers inside the rack for the 3 barrels of IHCs unless you don't mind 5mm of wiggle room

If the answer to all of these questions is "I'm not that picky, just need a case" then the Apache 5800 will work.

Ben

I’m really looking for a cut foam solution, as this is such a high end set for a high end game. Is there a way to do that with the Nanuk case that @JeepologyOffroad mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom