Looking for better chips to play with at home games. (2 Viewers)

DanmanEmp

Reaction score
I have been using my Z Pro chips for almost a year now playing some low stakes home games and I am in the market for better chips.

I don’t have too many complaints with these chips but there are some flaws I’d like to point out.

starting off I’ll list the pros, then the cons, only to see if anyone else has the same likes or dislikes as I do.

the pros are the chips shuffle nice and stack well. I like the minimalistic design and the denoms it has.

the cons is the sticker falls off sometimes off of the 100 denom chips and after a few months of use, they become super slippery to hold.

I know there are many different options out there but I don’t want to spend another $100 or more on chips that wear and tear fast with a few uses a month.

If anyone has any better options or what you use now that you like, please let me know. Or better yet, if they have a sample set I can order to feel them out first.

You know, ceramics from @BR Pro Poker will be a huge upgrade from what you currently have, are affordable, and ceramics tend to outlive their owners. Ceramics use dye sublimation to "print" directly on the chip, so there is no sticker to come loose on you, and they clean up easy. You should check out www.brpropoker.com and order samples of any set that catch your eye. You won't regret it.

How much do you want to spend? There are good options from .30 / chip up to $10 per chip

Also what stakes and number of players?

It makes me so sad when I stumble into these threads. New guy posts a question, then apparently, before he is ever able to respond to the excellent replies and questions back that he receives from our esteemed members, he is struck down in the prime of his poker playing life. Never again to post another big blind...

It makes me so sad when I stumble into these threads. New guy posts a question, then apparently, before he is ever able to respond to the excellent replies and questions back that he receives from our esteemed members, he is struck down in the prime of his poker playing life. Never again to post another big blind...
So often, the advice given here is, ”Run! Leave while you still can! You’re about to fall down the rabbit hole!”

Maybe he was the first one to actually do it.

Huh? What'd we do?

Huh? What'd we do?
I think you missed the sarcasm.

I was poking fun at the users who come in here, post once or twice, and then are never heard from again by implying that he must have died.

It's OK. Most of my own family doesn't get my humor either... :(

I think you missed the sarcasm.

I was poking fun at the users who come in here, post once or twice, and then are never heard from again by implying that he must have died.

It's OK. Most of my own family doesn't get my humor either... :(

Oh, I thought you might have meant that we "killed" him (with kindness?)

Oh, I thought you might have meant that we "killed" him (with kindness?)
Good point. I have heard a couple of stories from newbies who felt like they were treated a bit too "kindly" in some of their early posts. I told them to toughen up, buttercup. This is a forum for real men (and women) who play poker for money, smoke cigars, and drink heavily! No place for wimps! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Get samples... Personally recommend ceramics, more economic and wide customisation possibilities but just get what you like

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom