Limit Sets, Limit Sets, MORE Limit Sets!!! (4 Viewers)

The manufacturing process for the BJ chips can't be too much different than what it is for the slugged plastic China made chips, right?
Overall, it is considerably different.

The raw materials are higher quality (Chinese firms often use recycled plastics (and/or whatever is handy), the equipment and dies are made to closer tolerances, and high-end plastic chips undergo additional post-injection finishing steps (machining, polishing, etc.) ensuring a dimensionally uniform and quality product.

All of those add significant costs to the plastic chips produced by Bud Jones, B&G, Matsui, and Abbiati -- all of which sell for 10-20x more than inexpensive Chinese made chips.

BJ v7 prices were roughly twice that of Paulson THC chips roughly three years ago, the last time I saw an invoice from GPI.

Five racks milled. Seven more to go until Limit pRon.
IMG_20210101_172427.jpg

sadly, a pot that big in one of my games would take 5 minutes for the player to stack, with everyone waiting for them to take their action, which is long enough for story time to break out... and we would be lucky to get in 20 hands before the night was done. :nailbite: :banghead: :unsure:
In our 20/40 game we get between 35 & 40 hands/hr. Almost always depends way more on the dealer than the players. We have all been playing for a long time so everyone knows what to expect and how to keep the action moving along.

In our 20/40 game we get between 35 & 40 hands/hr. Almost always depends way more on the dealer than the players. We have all been playing for a long time so everyone knows what to expect and how to keep the action moving along.
Funny thing... I don't think I would even want to change it.

Good friends that play poorly. Great times. Fewer hands means that they go home winners more frequently, due to variance.

The best players might clean them out in 1000 hands, but in 100 hands they have a better chance, will return more often, and everyone has more fun. Not sure I would ever want to "keep it moving along".

Good friends that play poorly. Great times. Fewer hands means that they go home winners more frequently, due to variance.

The best players might clean them out in 1000 hands, but in 100 hands they have a better chance, will return more often, and everyone has more fun. Not sure I would ever want to "keep it moving along".
Ya, totally different when you are playing in a bigish game in a card room vs playing in a home game. The home games I play in are just like what you are describing

100% We spend more time making fun of each other and telling stories we have already heard for the 10th time, then we do poker. Poker is the excuse we use to get together. We are approaching 50 years old and every single player in our group went to grade school together.

100% We spend more time making fun of each other and telling stories we have already heard for the 10th time, then we do poker. Poker is the excuse we use to get together. We are approaching 50 years old and every single player in our group went to grade school together.
Sounds just like my game. Great fun with good mates. We’re all in our late 40’s as well. Started playing 17 years ago when my old knees started packing in and I couldn’t play football anymore. A few of us took up golf but the only way to keep us all together is poker. We can only get together a couple of times a month but it’s something we all look forward to. Last game we had was February so we really need covid to do one.

Sounds just like my game. Great fun with good mates. We’re all in our late 40’s as well. Started playing 17 years ago when my old knees started packing in and I couldn’t play football anymore. A few of us took up golf but the only way to keep us all together is poker. We can only get together a couple of times a month but it’s something we all look forward to. Last game we had was February so we really need covid to do one.

We all played high school football and even won a state title are senior year. A couple of us played college ball. We played cards in high school and have always gambled with each other. After college, we all got married and started having families. We played religiously during the poker boom, but as kids got older, we had less and less time for poker. We probably went 7 or 8 years without playing. As kids are heading off to college, we have started to play monthly again. I love playing poker and hanging out with my life long friends.

edit: American football, not the thing they play where they can’t use their hands. Haha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom