Limit Sets, Limit Sets, MORE Limit Sets!!! (4 Viewers)

I started out going after a limit set of the $1s, then when I bought my first couple of racks of snappers to use as quarters, I switched gears and decided to build a snapper limit set instead. I'm not sure yet if I'll keep both limit sets or just the snapper set. But here they are, enjoy... The 25c blue chips are a relabel obviously. Also, the rack of $100s are relabeled as $20s. I have about 1660 snappers, but 220 of those are tri-moons. Eventually I'll land on 1600 8 spots as my magic number. There are 3520 $1s in the pictures, and 480 $25s for 4000 total chips (I have a few more, but this is the "set").

View attachment 65166 View attachment 65167 View attachment 65168 View attachment 65169 View attachment 65170 View attachment 65171 View attachment 65172 View attachment 65173 View attachment 65174 View attachment 65175
Wow that’s awesome

pca-collection-jpg.23923

I'm in love :rolleyes:

620 more $2 for my Mardi Gras/ River Boat mixed limit set.

This brings my total $2 chips to just over 1400. Full set pics once I get these home.

View attachment 304216
Ahh you grabbed that limit set.was contemplating but knew how hard it was going to be to find more. Didn’t think about combining it with the riverboats. Good call.

Ahh you grabbed that limit set.was contemplating but knew how hard it was going to be to find more. Didn’t think about combining it with the riverboats. Good call.

I started out with about 650 River Boats I got from @detroitdad for a great deal a few years ago. Then added 150 of the Mardi Gras from Hold’em Poker Chips to get me to 800 and a playable set. I always wanted to get the rest of the Mardi Gras but couldn’t justify it as we rarely played limit. But it seems we will be having them more often so I pulled the trigger.

There are slight color differences between the lines but it isn’t enough to bother me, especially when actually playing. It really isn’t much different than getting chips from 2 different runs.

This is a fricken GOAT set to me. Well done!
Thanks! This started over 6 yrs ago. I remember grumbling when I paid $190 for a rack of spotted $1's back then. So that started me harvesting on my trips to vegas...if only they were still that price. This is one of the reasons I'm feeling complete in my chip collecting for the most part. Would like to find about 10-15 more spotted chips in pretty good condition to fill out the last rack and weed out around 5 chips the look like they were ran over by a lawnmower

There seems to be the idea that because you are playing fixed limit poker that you can't win any money. I disagree.View attachment 344641

It's never that the money can't be made in limit. It's a case of people where they equate big bet poker to a pissing contest which they can't do when it's just a single bet to call down where the pot odds are justified in doing so.

These same people would rather play a game where you can get stacked for hundreds of dollars in one hand by a three outer on the river because of the opportunity of doing the same to an opponent at some point. Limit doesn't give that same dopamine trigger but your wallet will sure be thanking you when you're having a rough night.

It's never that the money can't be made in limit. It's a case of people where they equate big bet poker to a pissing contest which they can't do when it's just a single bet to call down where the pot odds are justified in doing so.

These same people would rather play a game where you can get stacked for hundreds of dollars in one hand by a three outer on the river because of the opportunity of doing the same to an opponent at some point. Limit doesn't give that same dopamine trigger but your wallet will sure be thanking you when you're having a rough night.
Wise words....plus what always sells me on a limit set is......MOAR CHIPS!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom