Lightning Strikes (7 Viewers)

First blood - shorty by Yanni Gourde

3CD58509-E08C-4CBE-BF75-8215C54BE71F.jpeg

Shorty? Wait. The Lightning took a penalty?! Weird. So uncharacteristic.

Seriously, tho, how do three guys follow the puck into the corner?! Three! Is this Mite hockey?!

Should be good third period. Over looks bad, bolts look good, but I’m buying me some NYI at +340 live

I hope ... the result of the game is due to the best play, not an egregious penalty or missed call.
Like 5 guys on the ice (not counting the two standing by the bench) when you're supposed to be short-handed?

Screenshot_20210626-082245.png

There weren't many replays from this angle (took me awhile to find one), and the one I saw gets super fuzzy (on my phone) when you try to pause it, but the Lightning still had 5 on the ice when Gourde touches the puck.

Nevertheless, I don't think the Islanders played poorly, but Tampa's D was smothering, thus the low shot total. Even given all that, we got our chances in the 3rd and til the end, I felt like the Islanders could pull off a miracle.

I know the Habs are feeling good right now, but I don't see them beating the Lightning in the SCF. They're too deep. The only chance they have is if Price continues to be extremely stingy. Not saying it can't happen, but I'd be surprised.

Last edited:
If I recall, the guy on the Marathon logo was also getting off the ice. He returned to the bench and was sitting down as the goal went in. In the replay, he is the last one to cheer, as he wasn't even looking.

So, if you need those last two games, Carey Price probably wins the Conn Smythe...

Ice conditions in Florida in July have to be sub-optimal.

So, if you need those last two games, Carey Price probably wins the Conn Smythe...

Ice conditions in Florida in July have to be sub-optimal.

Depends on who wins the series - the Conn Smythe rarely goes to the losing team. If the Lightning win, it's either Point or Vasilevskiy. If Montreal, then likely Price.

The ice is great here - we have a great ice crew and major building dehumidifiers.

Like 5 guys on the ice (not counting the two standing by the bench) when you're supposed to be short-handed?

View attachment 727178

There weren't many replays from this angle (took me awhile to find one), and the one I saw gets super fuzzy (on my phone) when you try to pause it, but the Lightning still had 5 on the ice when Gourde touches the puck.

Nevertheless, I don't think the Islanders played poorly......

Too bad the game is decided by poor officiating! I hadn't seen this.....
Ish

If I recall, the guy on the Marathon logo was also getting off the ice. He returned to the bench and was sitting down as the goal went in. In the replay, he is the last one to cheer, as he wasn't even looking.
But it's not when the goal goes in... It's when the man coming on the ice touches the puck.

Very difficult to see in real time (IMO), the Lightning were the better team, overall and I'm Game 7. Just sucks to lose like that.

Too bad the game is decided by poor officiating! I hadn't seen this.....
Ish

The game wasn't decided by poor officiating - those players were involved in a line change and were well behind the play. They had no influence on the goal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom