Lightning Strikes (5 Viewers)

Can’t expect to win if we can’t score - very disappointing performance :( so far

It's like these teams have literally switched playoffs karma. Capitals have had more than a few playoff games (hell, SERIES) where they have outplayed opponents and lost. nice to see the roles reversed.

I like Ovie to FINALLY get his ring if this lead holds up. Cinderella cannot stay at the Ball forever, after all.

What does the NHL do differently than other sports in making expansion teams quickly competitive?

The NHL has a salary cap. Many of the players who were exposed, like Fleury, were made available so that the team would lose their salary, giving them more cap room. Knights spent half a billion on the expansion fee. What was the cost of a few overpriced hockey players to them after that? Also a lot of the players exposed were pending free agents that also would have hurt their cap if resigned by their original team.

Congrats to the Capitals for winning the ECF. They outplayed the Lightning in most of the games and deserved to win.

These pics are for you Mark (y) :thumbsup:

C52E1500-4572-4E04-BDBE-FBDA8C2CADDD.jpeg
6C3C6829-E67A-413D-A068-9EB5F3245631.jpeg
80B79F4D-12D0-44DB-9A22-499A6F30E2A4.jpeg
7119ECCA-2EBD-4F34-B8E2-214AA6139AC4.jpeg
3E85C299-5F66-48E7-A8B7-E2608A642865.jpeg
1C9CA22A-B01B-4786-8CFB-066A4D69E195.jpeg

64FA2783-2F67-4839-8547-8AF2A25552CB.jpeg

@WedgeRock , super pumped! It’s just such weird timing for it (right before the season) and Tampa’s current state (cup contenders). I feel as if there’s something more to it. But hey, keep that seat warm Kenny. Stevey’s coming home baby!

He (reportedly) told TB players he was going back to Detroit, but it wasn't clear if it was for work. He has a year left on his contract, while Detroit's GM has 2 years left.

He (reportedly) told TB players he was going back to Detroit, but it wasn't clear if it was for work. He has a year left on his contract, while Detroit's GM has 2 years left.
I hope it’s not a health thing either. But the way the Wings are nowadays, and if he assumes the GM role and brings us back to the promised land, that’ll be twice he’s saved the Red Wings.
(A lot of ‘ifs’ in there lol)

Well, here we go again. My first preseason game this year - Lightning vs Predators. Scored 5 club level seats by donating food to Feeding Tampa Bay. Let’s see where this season ends. :)

E1F2FD2A-BBC5-4B58-8B2A-FFBCD077637A.jpeg
1FA463D2-A9AF-4BB0-B8E2-8A214CCF57B0.jpeg
8FBCE303-5487-41F3-BB9D-318F654DD9F0.jpeg

Despite being the beneficiary of the offsides challenge last night vs Colorado, I really dislike this rule and think the goal should not have been waved off. The offsides was minuscule and could only be determined by slow motion replay and the offside player had absolutely no bearing on the play. Somehow this rule needs to be tweaked to avoid situations like this.

Offside play at 1:00

Great game anyway - Go Bolts !!

I will be using this thread to follow the Tampa Bay Lightning's quest for the Stanley Cup. I hope it's a long and successful journey.

Only just seen this 3.5 years after the fact, but shouldn't you be hoping for a *short* and successful journey?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom