Letting AI design my chips (1 Viewer)

glooid

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Been playing around with MidJourney lately trying to create some unique poker chip designs.

Pretty intrigued by some of the results, so much so that I'm playing with the idea of creating a small set of ceramics chips with their design directly from MidJourney. It would obviously need to be flatter designs than most of the examples below, as I don't think a design trying to mimic depth would look very well.

What to you guys think?

Attachments

• chips6.png
    chips6.png
    872.2 KB · Views: 185
  • chips1.png
    chips1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 173
  • chips2.png
    chips2.png
    884.6 KB · Views: 161
  • chips3.png
    chips3.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 166
  • chips4.png
    chips4.png
    825.9 KB · Views: 171
  • chips5.png
    chips5.png
    924.9 KB · Views: 192
Personally not a fan of these designs. Way too complex and I’m guessing it will be difficult to print them at this level of detail. Would these be NCV?

Personally not a fan of these designs. Way too complex and I’m guessing it will be difficult to print them at this level of detail. Would these be NCV?
Yes, that's a fair point; I've heard that most printing techniques struggle with smaller details. If I were to do this, It would not be using the most intricate designs.

And yeah, these would be without any denoms. Only some nonsense letters, if anything :p

I like these patterns, snowflake vibes. Are you planning to add denom text? How about a blue chip?

I like these patterns, snowflake vibes. Are you planning to add denom text? How about a blue chip?
Thanks! I don't think I'll do denoms, as MidJourney is not so good with numbers and I want the designs to be largely unaltered.

Here's a blue chip!

Attachments

• chips7.png
    chips7.png
    1,003.7 KB · Views: 77
Been playing around with MidJourney lately trying to create some unique poker chip designs.

Pretty intrigued by some of the results, so much so that I'm playing with the idea of creating a small set of ceramics chips with their design directly from MidJourney. It would obviously need to be flatter designs than most of the examples below, as I don't think a design trying to mimic depth would look very well.

What to you guys think?
Those would be great on Amish barns

Personally, I love these designs! But I'm a weirdo who can appreciate traditional spots but also thinks they miss an opportunity. Spots for real clay, sure. But why not run with the canvas that ceramic chips offer?

I recommend you do remove some of the detail, but you can still get pretty high res with ceramics. And you may be surprised how realistic depth can look with the right shading on the ceramic chips.

Here is an example of resolution and color with Tina no mold ceramic dye sublimation.
1698357814987.png

This is how I know I’m smarter than machines…

But…if AI can figure out how I can reach my 15ft ceiling with an 8ft ladder, then I’ll concede.

I need to replace a ceiling fan, or my wife might never touch my package ever again.

Thanks! I don't think I'll do denoms, as MidJourney is not so good with numbers and I want the designs to be largely unaltered.

Here's a blue chip!
"The designs are all AI generated! I added the denoms because I play with humans not ChatGPT" could be a good way around that!

But…if AI can figure out how I can reach my 15ft ceiling with an 8ft ladder, then I’ll concede.

I need to replace a ceiling fan, or my wife might never touch my package ever again.

I don't know. Sounds pretty smart to me. Just tell your wife to hire a professional. ;)

1698359899933.png

I like the designs. Maybe as a non-denim limit set. But I’d be tempted to run a series with a circle in the middle that you can use for the denomination. Similar to the gray set.

They'd look great as tiles but as poker chips I'm not sure.

This one however

HpJKqCq.png

had an effect I quite like though - reminds me a bit of layered paper art and is something full face ceramics might be suitable for.

5P9CshL.png

Some sort of 3d depth could look quite cool.

Poker chips as Christmas tree ornaments! IIRC, it's been done before, but a good idea is still a good idea.

Unless you're building a two-chip limit set, tell that bot to add some @#$% numbers.

I will never forget year ago riding horses at a farm watching a man hired to repair rivits on the tin bank barn roof using his ladders. The barn was easily 4-5 storries tall. He had connected several 30 foot ladders together with bungee cords. The most amazing thing was when he was up 3 or so ladder lengths high he didnt climb down to move left or right. Instead he essentially jumped left or right with the ladder in something reminiscent of Goofy from Walt Disney. How that man did not die I have no idea. Scared the living sh^t out of me watching it. He was a late 50's/early 60yo man no spring chicken.....crazy and one of the coolest things I have ever seen.

Simple. Cut your ladder in half, lengthways, then join them together to form one long 15 ft pole with half rungs.

They'd look great as tiles but as poker chips I'm not sure.

This one however

HpJKqCq.png

had an effect I quite like though - reminds me a bit of layered paper art and is something full face ceramics might be suitable for.

5P9CshL.png

Some sort of 3d depth could look quite cool.
The 'paper' chips would pair well with the Sirius B playing cards from Riffleshuffle

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom