Leaded Chips (1 Viewer)

I do not know how to create a poll in these threads.

If someone could direct me, I'd set one up to decide this once and for all! HA!

Sorry my friend, but I think your crack pipe sprung a leak....LOL. But I suspect you knew that. ;)

Although, I would be interested in a poll. You might be right, but that also might be influenced by the rarity of leaded TRKs with many peeps never handling them. Pure speculation on my part though.

LET THE POLL BEGIN!!
The rarity thing kinda works both ways - the harder something is to get, the more desirable it seems.
I have to admit, I’ve never played a session with leaded TRKs. They’re that rare. I don’t think I know any local chippers with a set.
But I used to have a shuffle stack so I know they’re amazing. Just as cool as THCs. I just dispute that they’re better. No crack.

IMG_3770.jpeg
IMG_3769.jpeg

In my research about my St. Maarten Isle Hotel set, I noticed something on the order cards from 1968-1972.

Some of the chips were described as “regular weight” and others as “extra heavy.”

All were made by Burt Co.

What I’m wondering is how the added weight was added. Did they all have lead, only some more than others? Or were the “regular weight” chips unleaded?

Full set of order cards at:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/sint-st-maarten-isle-hotel-history-set.119355/

View attachment 1326952View attachment 1326953

In my research about my St. Maarten Isle Hotel set, I noticed something on the order cards from 1968-1972.

Some of the chips were described as “regular weight” and others as “extra heavy.”

All were made by Burt Co.

What I’m wondering is how the added weight was added. Did they all have lead, only some more than others? Or were the “regular weight” chips unleaded?

Full set of order cards at:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/sint-st-maarten-isle-hotel-history-set.119355/
I don’t want to put words in his mouth so I’ll just ask him @BGinGA have you said the Burt never used lead? Maybe they were using some other metal for weight?

The heavyweight chips made by Burt Co. used thin round weights (lead, I think) that were pressed into the chip's center (and covered by the inlay).

But the chip material formulas used by Burt Co. / ASM / CPC have never used lead. USPC chips either, I don't think. Just TRKing and Paulson.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom