Le Gold tournament set 2 (hotstamps!) (1 Viewer)

LeGold

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
So, I'm waiting for a set of scrown solids (DG Green, Black, Retro Lavender, Canary, Retro Red, Bright White) that I'm considering hotstamping. It will probably be Le Gold, and I'd like the design to have an old-school Vegas feel and don't mind if it ends up being a tribute to an existing set.

The original design below (ignore the spots and EC mold) probably won't work due to too many thin details... but I'm willing to give it a shot if I don't end up with anything better.

1620505320726.png

Any concrete suggestions for inspiration?

I wonder if CPCs can be silk-screened? Silk screening can produce highly-detailed printing, much more so than hotstamp dies.

Love the design but yeah, those details will never come out looking good in a hotstamp.

You could redo it with an art-deco icon-like design that creates the impression of the hotel, and use that as a hot stamp, similar to how these convey "hotel" or "skyscraper":

1620510717179.png

1620510752797.png

So, I'm waiting for a set of scrown solids (DG Green, Black, Retro Lavender, Canary, Retro Red, Bright White) that I'm considering hotstamping. It will probably be Le Gold, and I'd like the design to have an old-school Vegas feel and don't mind if it ends up being a tribute to an existing set.

The original design below (ignore the spots and EC mold) probably won't work due to too many thin details... but I'm willing to give it a shot if I don't end up with anything better.

View attachment 695607

Any concrete suggestions for inspiration?
Love everything about that design! Are you saying you’ll hot stamp them yourself?

The main thing you’d want to keep in mind for hot stamping like you mentioned above is the thin lines. Try to have as many bold lines or text because that’s what will show up. Tiny details might show up but may get stamped and blend together. I could help you out, this sounds like a fun project

The main thing you’d want to keep in mind for hot stamping like you mentioned above is the thin lines. Try to have as many bold lines or text because that’s what will show up. Tiny details might show up but may get stamped and blend together. I could help you out, this sounds like a fun project
Yeah, I know. The first thing though is to find inspiration from the real world. Well, not completely necessary but it does help :) I do like some of the designs (El Rancho, old Dunes...) where the motive was off-centered, even though those were not hotstamps. I'll try to play a bit with that concept.

I think you have a pretty solid design down, only thing I'd maybe say is that the side pieces possibly maybe increase the stroke weight on those and you'd be good. Same thing with the bottom text although it would probably work too. I took a look and tried to find some inspiration and found a few different styled hotstamps. I tried finding something where there might have been a building, but wasn't able to. (Chips images from ChipGuide)

35600.jpg
035443.jpg
44911.jpg
51150.jpg
52667.jpg
156884.jpg
204199.jpg

As far as off-center I did see Dunes, Flamingo and Desert Inn older school stuff had a few. Seems like the motive for things has always been centering which makes sense, but I like what you're going after.

Here's a slightly updated version, with the whole lineup. Still unsure what to do with the whites (25k? Bounty? Drinks? Generic so that I can use them for anything?), and if generic, what design to go with for them...

Chip_All_Scrown_v04_in2.jpg

I know having the highest denom more symmetrical is out of necessity, in order to fit the larger number on the chip, but I think it’s a cool subtle detail that the highest denom is slightly different than the rest

I like this revision! I think adjusting it so that the building lies (barely) within the circle of text rather than breaking outside of it is a big improvement.

If you kept the white chip as a generic one rather than denominated, then I think keeping it with the symmetric design is a great idea. It makes that one chip stand out, and the symmetric design with the larger building makes it all the more prominent.

Another possibility is using the symmetric design for the back side on every chip, so that they're denominated on one side using the asymmetric design but all have a uniform appearance on the back side without the denomination. I think that would look amazing.

Damn, now you got me thinking, @CrazyEddie! I'll definitely consider the hybrid approach.

By the way, in the previous version the hotel was exactly on the border of the invisible circle that the letters are following as well. Now it is slightly off, but somehow works better (thanks to @Marius L for the suggestion).

Damn, now you got me thinking, @CrazyEddie! I'll definitely consider the hybrid approach.

By the way, in the previous version the hotel was exactly on the border of the invisible circle that the letters are following as well. Now it is slightly off, but somehow works better (thanks to @Marius L for the suggestion).

FYI, as far as I know, there can be issues with hotstamping CPC Scrown chips, due to the chip surface not being completely flat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom