Le Gold tournament set 2 (hotstamps!)

LeGold

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I'm waiting for a set of scrown solids (DG Green, Black, Retro Lavender, Canary, Retro Red, Bright White) that I'm considering hotstamping. It will probably be Le Gold, and I'd like the design to have an old-school Vegas feel and don't mind if it ends up being a tribute to an existing set.

The original design below (ignore the spots and EC mold) probably won't work due to too many thin details... but I'm willing to give it a shot if I don't end up with anything better.

1620505320726.png

Any concrete suggestions for inspiration?

CrazyEddie

Flush
Reaction score
I wonder if CPCs can be silk-screened? Silk screening can produce highly-detailed printing, much more so than hotstamp dies.

Love the design but yeah, those details will never come out looking good in a hotstamp.

You could redo it with an art-deco icon-like design that creates the impression of the hotel, and use that as a hot stamp, similar to how these convey "hotel" or "skyscraper":

1620510717179.png

1620510752797.png

Eriks

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I'm waiting for a set of scrown solids (DG Green, Black, Retro Lavender, Canary, Retro Red, Bright White) that I'm considering hotstamping. It will probably be Le Gold, and I'd like the design to have an old-school Vegas feel and don't mind if it ends up being a tribute to an existing set.

The original design below (ignore the spots and EC mold) probably won't work due to too many thin details... but I'm willing to give it a shot if I don't end up with anything better.

View attachment 695607

Any concrete suggestions for inspiration?
Love everything about that design! Are you saying you’ll hot stamp them yourself?

Okku

Two Pair
Reaction score
The main thing you’d want to keep in mind for hot stamping like you mentioned above is the thin lines. Try to have as many bold lines or text because that’s what will show up. Tiny details might show up but may get stamped and blend together. I could help you out, this sounds like a fun project

LeGold

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The main thing you’d want to keep in mind for hot stamping like you mentioned above is the thin lines. Try to have as many bold lines or text because that’s what will show up. Tiny details might show up but may get stamped and blend together. I could help you out, this sounds like a fun project
Yeah, I know. The first thing though is to find inspiration from the real world. Well, not completely necessary but it does help :) I do like some of the designs (El Rancho, old Dunes...) where the motive was off-centered, even though those were not hotstamps. I'll try to play a bit with that concept.

Okku

Two Pair
Reaction score
I think you have a pretty solid design down, only thing I'd maybe say is that the side pieces possibly maybe increase the stroke weight on those and you'd be good. Same thing with the bottom text although it would probably work too. I took a look and tried to find some inspiration and found a few different styled hotstamps. I tried finding something where there might have been a building, but wasn't able to. (Chips images from ChipGuide)

35600.jpg
035443.jpg
44911.jpg
51150.jpg
52667.jpg
156884.jpg
204199.jpg

Okku

Two Pair
Reaction score
As far as off-center I did see Dunes, Flamingo and Desert Inn older school stuff had a few. Seems like the motive for things has always been centering which makes sense, but I like what you're going after.

Top Bottom