Tourney Late Buy In Allowed? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
In a tournament where you allow rebuys/add-ons for say the first hour. If someone arrives late but within the first out do you allow them to play?

We only allow late buyins if the player lets us know they are running late. And they get blinded in until they arrive. Never had a late show without letting us know.

In a tournament where you allow rebuys/add-ons for say the first hour. If someone arrives late but within the first out do you allow them to play?
I do, regardless of if its a rebuy event or a freezout. If they arrive before we start again after the first break, they get a stack. The reason is I can't be bothered keeping track of exactly who is gonna play. The day of the tournament I usually get a bunch of "yes" turned into "no" and vice versa, along with with some "can I bring a friend" (to which I always answer yes).

So when you arrive you get your stack, easy peasy :)

Yes, up until the first break. Full stack. We have one habitually late Phil Helmuth type.

And you wonder why your players are late ?

If you want to play in my games...some basic rules are in place.
Being on time is a respectable way to say thanks for the invite.
And I'm not anal about timing....we first have 30-45min of chatter before we start playing.
But arriving 2h late is a no go for me (unless well announced in advance or emergency cases)

Oh please do tell :)

Alright, prepare to get burned!

"They're not"

izcOK4m (1).gif

;)

Definitely. In fact, some WSOP tournaments eliminate rebuys and force you to do a new buy-in instead.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom