Just cancelled my first game ever (1 Viewer)

BPTDirector

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
So bummed. Just had to cancel my monthly game for the first time due to a myriad of things that has happened to my crew including a heart attack for one player, Covid for two others, homecoming football game, and other family matters. My usual group of 14 to 16 was reduced to 4 that could make it. I hope this isn’t a trend. Time to start recruiting I guess.

So bummed. Just had to cancel my monthly game for the first time due to a myriad of things that has happened to my crew including a heart attack for one player, Covid for two others, homecoming football game, and other family matters. My usual group of 14 to 16 was reduced to 4 that could make it. I hope this isn’t a trend. Time to start recruiting I guess.
Probably true, always be recruiting.

That said, I unfortunately probably cancel 1 in 4 of my games. I don't have the luxury of doing consistent weekly dates so I have to pick 1 or 2 random days a month and see what sticks.

Weird experience in August. Had a game posted for a Thursday that suddenly dropped to 4. Post- poned it for one week later and had 9 players rsvp within two days of announcing the change.

Bottom line, it's amazing what a subtle schedule change could do.

That sucks...sorry!!

Curiosity question: Have you moved to a different neighborhood since you started your game? I ask because I have a situation where I used to get 16 to 20+ every Friday. Many of them lived in the neighborhood. I moved 4 years ago and struggle to get a 1 table game going. I only moved 10 minutes away, but all but a couple of my old neighbors seem to always have something "come up" at the last minute, which never used to happen.

Unfortunately, my new neighborhood doesn't have many poker players.

Just curious.

Sorry to hear you had to cancel. I haven’t hosted a game all summer. Just been too busy so I thought I’d try for tonight and out of the 15-20 guys I can ask to play I got 1 yes so it’s a no go. So I will try again for next Saturday night. Hopefully this was a one off for you Jim and you can get back to playing.

That sucks...sorry!!

Curiosity question: Have you moved to a different neighborhood since you started your game? I ask because I have a situation where I used to get 16 to 20+ every Friday. Many of them lived in the neighborhood. I moved 4 years ago and struggle to get a 1 table game going. I only moved 10 minutes away, but all but a couple of my old neighbors seem to always have something "come up" at the last minute, which never used to happen.

Unfortunately, my new neighborhood doesn't have many poker players.

Just curious.
No. I e lived in the same place for 30 years. Just an unfortunate series of circumstances this month. Thanks for asking.

4 is great.... Just loose 2 more and you are set for a perfect game

I played 4 handed until 4am last night. Unfortunately it wasn’t live, but I chat with them while we play so that helps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom