John Lennon Themed Mockup (1 Viewer)

That John Lennon doodle pic had color in it on the movie poster. Maybe that would spice it up a bit
I tried that too. Seemed a little to busy???
25 grey gradient with red v2 mockup.png

PCF watermark don't help :)
I think that the "something is wrong" feeling is given by the orange hair .. and the mouth is almost not visible.
try a different color (blue? yellow?) for that half of the hair or only pink

but it's better with the white currency imo

PCF watermark don't help :)
I think that the "something is wrong" feeling is given by the orange hair .. and the mouth is almost not visible.
try a different color (blue? yellow?) for that half of the hair or only pink

but it's better with the white currency imo
I've got to run to work, but I'll definitely play with that. Thanks!!

I'm really liking this design. It's somewhat a ripoff of the Atlantic Club chips. What's everyone's thoughts?

.25 Light Grey Gradient Mockup.PNG
1 Light Grey Gradient Mockup.PNG
5 Light Grey Gradient Mockup.PNG
25 Light Grey Gradient Mockup.PNG
100 Light Grey Gradient Mockup.PNG

Reactions: 72o
I was gonna comment yesterday and give you help! We can work it out today instead. Oh my, love the design! I've got a feeling you've had a hard day's night! There's something in the way the inlay looks that makes me a jealous guy (which is rare in my life), so there's no point starting over. I imagine that all you need is love of a great legend (and perhaps a day in the life of a designer) and a fantastic set will come together. You must be excited, how do you sleep?

I like this middle one a lot. The colored version on the white inlay really does pop. You are coming along nicely.

Have you checked out what it would look like if you spelled out "lane" instead of abbreviating it as "ln"? Since the font is script, it could look like "lu" or "lin" at first glance. No big deal, but I was curious as to what it would look like with "lane" spelled out.

I like the white mock-up and the light grey over the light grey radiant.
However the denomination in red catch my attention first and seems in discordance.
Would you made a try with white mock-up and the light grey with the value in black?

I like the white mock-up and the light grey over the light grey radiant.
However the denomination in red catch my attention first and seems in discordance.
Would you made a try with white mock-up and the light grey with the value in black?
That's a great idea. I'll try it when can get some time!!

The red denom tilts me a little and agree with 1A25R. Can you try color matching denom to chip?

And yep, first post but your Design resonates!

Just want to give everyone an update on my progress. I'm trying to keep costs down, but I'm obviously not making the right decisions. Let me say I seriously wanted to use @Gear , but costs are an issue. Also, I really want to see designs on the chips before I made a decision..

I ordered blank sheet labels, laminate, and a punch. Unfortunately, I wasted $50 and got nothing out of it. The Avery labels I got were too thin. The laminate I got was too thin. The punch I got was too small and didn't cut properly with the laminate on. .

MAJOR FAIL!!

Let's start with the punch, I ordered 1", and I think I need 1 1/16"???? Can anyone confirm that? Has anyone found a punch system that works?

Second was the labels. In the beginning, I had planned on just labeling over the inlay and I ordered 1 1/8" round from sheetlabels.com (White Polyester Weatherproof).. Those worked great and it's nice material. I would highly recommend those for anyone labeling over an inlay. My mistake when ordering material for an inlay, I chose some Avery labels from Amazon. the material is way too thin and was junk.

Third, I purchased Scotch self adhesive laminate, 6 mil. Again, way too thin. I think I should have purchase some type of thermal laminate that's thicker.

Probably should have just used @Gear !! Not sure how I'll go forward. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!!

What's the thoughts on these? The pink line is approximately where it would be cut. When spelling out Lane, I had to move the image up a little bit. I also made the first one with black denomination.

.25 Light Grey Gradient v2.png.25 Light Grey Gradient v3.png25 White v2.png25 White v3.png

Very nice. Last image for me. I personally like the darker red denom in your last mock. You could always make the denom sign smaller as well (no need to make it the same size as the denom itself). I like the white inlay in this case.

I'm still a fan of having a little gradient. Here's another mock-up. I've changed the font for the currency and change the size of the dollar and cent symbols. Let me know your thoughts!! I think I made the denomination a little to big.

.25 Mockup.png1 Mockup.png5 Mockup.png25 Mockup.png100 Mockup.png

Last edited:
I'm still a fan of having a little gradient. Here's another mock-up. I've changed the font for the currency and change the size of the dollar and cent symbols. Let me know your thoughts!! I think I made the denomination a little to big.

View attachment 314520View attachment 314522View attachment 314524View attachment 314525View attachment 314526
I am a firm believer that only the numbers in the denominations should be centered..not the dollar and cent signs.
Like this
D3952B67-1DE5-4AD3-B3F6-0AC1E0AE1E7F.jpeg

I love that chip and I did play with the design, but I really want to get the self portrait on the chip.
I only posted that chip to illustrate how the “$1” is centered. On your examples you centered the “$” and the denomination numerals together. To me that throws your eye off. I feel it looks better when the numbers are centered and the “$” or cent sign off to the side. My Dad is a retired graphic artist and confirmed this is how denominations are usually centered.

Do this
C30635BE-11BD-4ADC-962A-DCF41BCC0403.jpeg

Not this
10420623-66F2-4F9E-9977-D91045727BAA.jpeg

I only posted that chip to illustrate how the “$1” is centered. On your examples you centered the “$” and the denomination numerals together. To me that throws your eye off. I feel it looks better when the numbers are centered and the “$” or cent sign off to the side. My Dad is a retired graphic artist and confirmed this is how denominations are usually centered.

Do this
View attachment 314728

Not this
View attachment 314729
Ahh, I see what you're talking about. I'm actually working on that right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom