John Lennon Themed Mockup (2 Viewers)

Timmy501

Pair
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'd really like your opinion on a design I've be playing with. First off, a little background. I'm a big Beatles and John Lennon music fan. I also happen to live on Lennon Ln. No, really, just a coincidence.

I've got a mixed set of chips and I'm going to relabel them. Doing this myself, so wish me luck. At first I tried a label over the existing inlay, but wasn't really satisfied with the results. Now I've moved on to removing some inlays on testing chips and seeing what it would look like. For these mockup pictures I reused the 1 1/8 inch vinyl stickers that I had originally purchased and then used a utility knife to cut off the edges. Hence, the poor trim. I do plan on buying full sheet labels, a laminate, and a 1" punch for the final product.

The top row is the basic design with different colored backgrounds for each denomination. The second row uses a grey gradient background for all of them. If I use the gradient, I'll probably make the background a little darker.

I'd really like to hear some feedback on the design and colors. Also, is 1" the correct size punch, or do I need to do one just a little smaller?

Thanks!!
Tim

IMG_20190720_094846730.jpg

I like the colored backgrounds better.

You might consider a white background on the $1 chips to avoid dirty $1/$100 stacks.

Last edited:
I like the color matched labels. But if you go with the single grey inlay, then yes it needs to be darker. I would use the $1 from the color matched. And you may want to consider doing the denomination in red? Many chips do that. Just as thought. However you go, I like the design.

Last edited:
I do not like the grey gradient background, it made the label less readable imo.
The matching colors are cool even if the $1 and $100 share the same gray, maybe the $100 could use a purple matching the chip spot?

I do not like the grey gradient background, it made the label less readable imo.
The matching colors are cool even if the $1 and $100 share the same gray, maybe the $100 could use a purple matching the chip spot?
Thanks for the comments. I think if I went with the grey background I would make it much darker. So far the overwhelming opinion has been the colored background, including my family. Personally, I like the all grey. Here's a darker one...

25 grey gradient.png

Let me know if you like that one.

It could be a nice Horseshoe or JACK frac that Q.

Definitely I like the colored labels more, and grey is better that black ones.

I like the color matched labels. But if you go with the single grey inlay, then yes it needs to be darker. I would use the $1 from the color matched. And you may want to consider doing the denomination in red? Many chips do that. Just as thought. However you go, I like the design.
I have actually tossed that idea around. What do you think of this???
25 grey gradient with red mockup.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom