James Bond Roulette Project Design Thread #2: Chip Graphics (Men) (2 Viewers)

allforcharity

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, now for the next part of the project, which is choosing the graphics that will go on the sticker itself.

There will be different artwork on each side of the chip. One side will have a stylized graphic that represents the "brand" of the charity fundraiser, as so:

roulettehotstamp.jpg

The same graphic will go on one side of each chip on both sets (the Men and the Women).

For the Male set, do we think it would be better to show Bond holding a gun, or just the portrait of the actor alone? (The Women set will not show them holding any props.) An example of each is represented below. This is not necessarily the final art, but is a fair representation of the art style that I am looking for.

bondwithguns.jpg

bondwithoutguns.jpg

Thoughts? Please feel free to elaborate as much as you wish (in fact, I encourage it). I'm not making a poll (yet) because this is will be an evolving, multi-purpose thread.

Top.

Can you fix Craig. He looks funny- almost unrecognizable with the extra thick outline and dark hair.

These are not final images. All of them need a certain amount of clean-up. I'm not a graphic designer by vocation, and will need some time to experiment with the photos I find online and the free image vectorizing software. We're in the "macro" part of the design process, at the moment.

Okay, so we're going with Bond holding a gun for the chip face. For the following two sets of pictures, which one do you think is the best photo to further manipulate for the inlay art? The final art will be flattened/vectorized black and white similar to what is seen in the OP of this thread, and cropped to mostly the head/neck. No need to go into detail just vote by reply, e.g. Connery A, Lazenby C.

conchoice.jpg

lazchoice.jpg

moochoice.jpg

daltonchoice.jpg

Okay, folks, vote away. Don't worry about the relative distance between the face and the gun - I can edit that so it appears closer in order to properly center the image in the sticker.

I recommend sticking with a similar style of dress- e.g., all tuxedos. Might look odd if only 4 or 5 of 6 are similar.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom