SOLD Jack Detroit Primary and Secondary Early Sale thread - SOLD OUT (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Don't forget the "up to" part. I read that as saying even if you bought 2000 chips in the first hour under the restrictions, then you could still buy up to 1000 more after the first hour, with no restrictions.
Hey mate,
Absolutely. I'm just wondering if the unrestricted additional 1000 requires an initial purchase within the stated % restrictions of up to 2000, or you can just wait for the hour to expire and then order the 1000 you need without restriction.

I have some confusion @TheChipRoom . Can we mix primary and secondary, for example, get primary dollars, secondary 5's , etc..., or get a rack of each to make our percentages ?

Hey mate,
Absolutely. I'm just wondering if the unrestricted additional 1000 requires an initial purchase within the stated % restrictions of up to 2000, or you can just wait for the hour to expire and then order the 1000 you need without restriction.

The latter, IMO. The point being that all the "good stuff" (high denoms, quarters, etc.) will be sold out by then.

The limits listed above are whether you choose primary or secondary, not both. (Example: if you order 2000 chips, you can either order 1 rack of primary or 1 rack of secondary $5000 chips, not both)
@TheChipRoom - Jim, to clarify, do we need to choose only pri or secondary or can we mix to hit the percentage...
ex. - if I were to order 2000 chips could 50 be primary $5k and 50 be secondary $5k? as long as the total is 5% or less of the denomination?

Someone please check me - sample set (1 of each primary, secondary [25/100/500/1k/5k]) requires 40 chips purchase. $107.10 best price?

denommax %price#% of orderprice

Last edited:
The latter, IMO. The point being that all the "good stuff" (high denoms, quarters, etc.) will be sold out by then.
No probs, hope it is the case as I really only need the $1 (appears to be many of them) and a rack of $25. Perhaps @TheChipRoom could clarify/confirm :) in good time :)

Someone please check me - sample set (1 of each primary, secondary) requires 40 chips purchase. $107.10 best price?
Jim will probably make sample sets available separately. I would guess around $100 for one of those with all 13 chips.

Might be a dumb question.... but the math geek in me is seeking answers....

Are the percentage limits based on total dollar amount spent, or total number of chips? The post states % of order.... and no other clarification.

@Gear - will you be printing custom quarter labels for these sets since I assume getting the actual quarters is going to be damn near impossible.

Might be a dumb question.... but the math geek in me is seeking answers....

Are the percentage limits based on total dollar amount spent, or total number of chips? The post states % of order.... and no other clarification.

Quantity of chips, not $s

I'm having a hard time seeing how you could order a small quantity say a micro cash set and come with very many full racks

I'm interested in ordering only 300 -500 chips

So for example ordering a total of 500 chips would mean only 25 quarters...I'd like to get a rack but don't need 2000 chips

One thing that I think might help is if the @TheChipRoom would be a little more forthcoming with the quantities of chips in existence and/or in this sale. I think it would go a long way to provide more information for people understand the limits/pricing, and to also allow people to understand why they may miss out on certain denoms when they sell out, like certain denoms will likely sell out quickly. I don't think revealing the quantities would prevent the chips from selling at these prices, or cause TheChipRoom to lose out on any value. These chips are priced reasonably.

For $1s & $5s, keep in mind that there are no secondary versions of these, I think that's what is driving the percentages to be what they are.

Can’t wait to see how many buy 2000 just so they can get a rack of fracs.
19 people or less. The rest after that will be out of luck/out of fracs.

Am I reading correctly that in order to get a rack of quarters you need to order at least 2000 chips?
I understand that the quarters are likely rare...and damn are they pretty... But seems counterintuitive since a set that requires quarters (.25/.25 or .25/.50) isn't really ever going to require 2000 chips.
Yep. Less $0.25 chips in existence than either $1000 primary or secondary chips.

For people looking to build a set for .25/.25 or .25/.50 stakes, and meet the limits above here are some suggestions:
  • use $25 chips or $2.50 chips as 25 cent chips (no relabel necessary)
  • use $25 chips or $2.50 chips as 25 cent chips (no relabel) and use $100 chips to relabel as $20s.
  • Relabel $100s as 25 cents, and keep $1s, $5s, $25s. (assuming this is OK with @Gear and @TheChipRoom)
  • buy more chips of other denoms to get to your totals, like both primary and secondary $25s and/or $100s. Create a secondary chip for your own set that way!
[Edit: tagging @CLKin ]

Last edited:
My quarter relabel... :sneaky:

A mint 2v is a 2v right?

Hey mate,
No previous purchase required

Jim

@TheChipRoom - Jim, to clarify, do we need to choose only pri or secondary or can we mix to hit the percentage...
ex. - if I were to order 2000 chips could 50 be primary $5k and 50 be secondary $5k? as long as the total is 5% or less of the denomination?
Yes that is allowed

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom