SOLD Jack Cincinnati Sale (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like we have an issue and I'm just sick about it. We only had 600 new $2 chips, 1700 new $2.50 chips and 3300 new $1 chips. After filling todays orders and printing some orders for tomorrow, I can already tell we are going to be over those totals. I have had issues with PayPal before, where they allowed more items than I had in inventory to be sold. I have my wife double check the inventory with me before every sale, as I am very sensitive to this previous problem. How I normally fill orders, because I allow combining orders, is I go through all of the orders and combine shipments and print off those packing slips so I can keep a tally of the shipping refunds. Those were all of the orders that shipped today. Since those orders shipped already, I have now way to tell there time stamps in the entire process. I will begin shipping the remaining orders based on time stamps. It will impossible for to contact everyone directly whose order was affected. I will substitute used chips for new chips and put a similar note in each package. If you receive used chips and the note, please email me at the email address on the note. If you are acceptable with the used chips, I will issue a refund for the difference and pay for your shipping. If you do not like the chips and would like a partial or full cancellation, we will be glad to accommodate you.

I am very sorry for this issue. I wish I would have noticed this earlier, so I could have filled based on time stamps. I have already reached out to PayPal and I have my daughter setting me up with a Shopify account. We will have a new inventory management system in place before our next sale. I can't apologize enough for the trouble. I'm sure I won't be getting any sleep. Please do not PM me to find out if your order was effected. I will be extremely busy filling orders for the next couple of days.

Again our apologies

Jim

Is it possible that you could tell people what their shipment will be before shipping it out if it is impacted by this? shipping and duties, especially for canadians, is pretty steep to do returns- and i'm guessing there're a lot of people who ordered a lot of what they didn't want to get some of the stuff they may now not be getting.

Is it possible that you could tell people what their shipment will be before shipping it out if it is impacted by this? shipping and duties, especially for canadians, is pretty steep to do returns- and i'm guessing there're a lot of people who ordered a lot of what they didn't want to get some of the stuff they may now not be getting.
Yeah, this must be super frustrating for Jim and I don’t envy his situation at all. :confused

As an Europe-based member, I agree that it would be good to know if possible in advance if my order can’t be fulfilled as placed, just given the initial shipping costs and roughly 20% in customs fees that will get added upon receipt, plus the cost to return chips internationally.

So sorry this happened, Jim.

Jim, I know you want to get chips shipped out right away, but this might be the best course of action for you. Reaching out to the remaining customers via email and confirming their acceptance of the modified order will probably save you and them a lot of time and money. You can crank those emails out tonight and get some sleep. Go through the responses in the morning and continue shipping.

also, just wondering if anyone knows, but he said "We only had 600 new $2 chips, 1700 new $2.50 chips and 3300 new $1 chips"

how many were there originally expected to be?

also, just wondering if anyone knows, but he said "We only had 600 new $2 chips, 1700 new $2.50 chips and 3300 new $1 chips"

That's how many he knew they was. He said "only" because it's a small number. The problem is that PayPal appears to have let orders go through that totals more than those numbers, meaning some of the people ordering mint cold will now get used chips and a partial refund instead.

600 new $2s, 1700 new $2.50s and 3300 new $1s is only 6-8 full-size orders ……..

Yea it would be nice to know before you ship the chips who isn’t going to get what they purchased as i probably would want a full refund if they aren’t the mint ones i ordered. Sorry to hear the mishap Jim, that must be a massive headache. I hope it all works out

In all seriousness, that sounds like a terrible position to be in for Jim. I hope everybody stays cool and calm about it.
Double seriousness, if anybody does not want their used $2's, can I call dibs on purchasing them?? If so,... dibs! Shotgun! I'll potato sack race somebody for that opportunity.

Great question and how many used after the golden minute

Ok do I'm just going to respond to my own post here. After careful consideration, I'm slowly realizing that in my excitement I didn't fully grasp "MATH" or take "SUPPLY" into my idea. Basically I thought I found a way to score chips that were out of reach and I'd never be able to purchase again. And it's also pretty late.

Attachments

• screenshot_20180616-004059468491925.jpg
    screenshot_20180616-004059468491925.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 55
Lucky my time stamp was 2:00:46pm probably think I was first to order.
I was onto the payment page within 30 seconds or so, but for some reason, I had to submit my cc payment twice and so my timestamp is quite a bit later as a result. I wonder how many chips were oversold in the end/how many orders are affected.

As Mamba wrote, I'd have to opt for a cancellation of my order if I can't get the mint ones I ordered. Hopefully this can all get sorted and hopefully PayPal takes on some responsibility for the hassle Jim has to deal with now.

So if everybody cancels how much would it be to buy the lot? I would be interested, I really wanted in this sale and just missed out.

wouldn't that just create a new headache for the people who bought used?
Yes. Potentially when it comes to the $2s and $2.5s. Used $1s he has loads more of for sure, but he might also have more than he made available in this sale of the used $2s and $2.5s, since he didn't mention that as a problem.

We'll see soon enough I guess.

I have no skin in this game, but I absolutely understand if people (especially internationally) want to cancel their order before it is shipped if they can not get the minty chips. Buying 1700 "useless" chips just to fill the quota for those few rare racks only to end up with 2000 "useless" chips would be pretty dull. Having to pay international shipping twice(probably $300+) as well as customs/taxes on the whole lot as well would make it an insanely expensive refund.

I’m still curious how y’all filled a 2k order and maxed percentages in less than 36 seconds, that’s a freaking A mazing!!! I want in on the secret, lol.

F403BD6C-0725-428A-B353-31CC5B7F7F22.jpeg
This is what I got at About 2:00.30 and by the time I refreshed and realized it was probly a glitch all the new 1s 2s and 2.50s were already gone. Sorry you have to deal with this Jim.

View attachment 661253This is what I got at About 2:00.30 and by the time I refreshed and realized it was probly a glitch all the new 1s 2s and 2.50s were already gone. Sorry you have to deal with this Jim.
That was a glitch? Are you fucking kidding me? My order would've made it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom