Is this insanity? (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
This is the type of stuff I'm seeing lately at ACR Blitz. Having to call this stuff down is nerve-racking. Any feedback on this hand & my play?

Folds to SB who RFI 3BB. Hero 3! to 10BB with KJs. V calls.

1674515455727.png

Flop isnt great for my range but as the 3-bettor I am uncapped and with the FD out there I make a 1/2 pot bet.
V X/R to 2x. I have 2 overs, a backdoor FD and a gutter to a gutter, all of which adds up to like 2.3 outs.
However I have played a lot of hands vs this guy and he is aggro. I call.

1674515634454.png

Turn hits my range and hand (thank god!) and V continues with a 1/3 pot bet. I think this is pretty standard following a X/R even with air.
If he has a set I am crushed but again I've seen this guy play ... I call.

1674515724760.png

Of course V jams river. I mean come on - I puke call.

1674515800322.png

I mean come on. Honestly these bluffs defy logic. I picked another one off earlier where I was again puking in my mouth calling a jam with TPGK which frankly is a money losing proposition. However I feel like the play lately has gotten pretty insane. Anyone else? @Legend5555 are you seeing this type of insanity?

1674515835688.png

I actually seemed to run into the nuts every time I called down yesterday. I did actually make a few call downs that were correct and used what I thought was some logic to get there. But in general, I got smashed by calling down after being up 3bi and closed out down 1bi.

But I dunno, feels like people are doing over bets much more often now. I've even done it. I 2x jammed the river yesterday as a bluff and got it through. Can't remember the specifics, but I'm not even sure it was a spot where I should because I don't study solves. I just try to do some rough range estimates.

Agree. Here's another overbet hand from today's session.

Hero RFI 2.5BB in HJ. Folds to SB who flats.

1674521081627.png

Yucky flop. Hero wants to keep the pot small and realize equity if possible. Dont want to bet and face a X/R I have to puke-call.
SB X and Hero X behind.

1674521148890.png

Turn is fairly safe in that none of the draws get there and 2 Qs on the board make it less likely that V has a Q.
V bets 3/4 pot - since my hand is under-repped, I block the BDFD and I have a draw to the straight, so I call.
Lately I have been seeing a big bet from SB when I X flop and the board favors their range - it's almost like meta.

1674521225176.png

River completes the BDFD. V overbets. "Why so big?"
I havent done anything to suggest that I have a strong hand that will call a big net, so smells fishy. Hero calls.

1674521336468.png

Thank god. If he had bet 1/2 pot I might have folded.

1674521427967.png

Facing those two calls from the BB though, Snowie wants to give up and X river. Probably not a bot ...

1674522035499.png

The guy with the AT, I would fold or 3bet that pre, but as played, I like his line given he had the Ts in his hand.

Humans, man. Who knows what goes on in their heads?

Two more (IMHO) crazy bluffs. I'm only trying to pick these off in V-dependent scenarios because most of the times the regs have it. Ask me how I know.

Folds to V in CO and RFI 2.4BB. Hero flats on BN with QJs. I dont typically 3! this hand but I think there is merit to doing so especially with positional advantage. GTO hast it as a 50/50 flat/3!.

1674680409395.png

Flop is not bad giving us an OESD. V cbets 1/3 pot and Hero raises to 3x. If he has a 9 he's probably re-raising or jamming so if he just calls probably not up against 9x and maybe TX or an overpair. V does just call.

1674680439538.png

Turn completes the flush and V bets 1/4 pot. I think the sizing is too small for a made flush here. Because of the sizing I decide to call.

1674680563126.png

River puts a one-liner to the club draw out there and gives me the straight. V jams, slightly overbetting pot.
I think AcX would have gone larger on turn as a semi-bluff so because I think he doesnt have the Ac and he's going so big I sigh call.
I'm only calling as I have seen this particular player being spewy before.
This is another money-losing call to a reg on this site IMHO.

1674680712529.png

Hero sigh/scoops. I guess his draw bricked and he felt jamming was his only option or he was sure to lose the hand.
He doesnt have a club in his hand and I showed a lot of strength so I think V's line is fraught with error here.
However a less stationy Hero probably would have made the correct fold here. ;)

1674680856205.png

I will add that I just put this hand in Snowie and I played it wrong. Snowie only raises flop with the club draw (probably as we are crushed by 9x and TT which are in V's range) and folds to the smaller turn bet. As played Snowie folds to the river jam. So bad play on my part - but this guy isnt playing balanced ...

Here's the final hand. Again the call down here was V-specific as I think this is a losing line.

Hero RFI 2.2BB in LJ with ATs. V in SB with 54BB (a sure sign of NOT being a strong reg - note the last guy was short as well) decides to 3! to 3.4BB.
I didnt even know it was possible to 3! this small. Given the 3! size and his stack I decide to call. Normally this would be a fold for me to a strong opponent using a 4x (standard OOP) size.

1674681426696.png

Flop gives us TPGK and V fires pot. So this should miss the majority of my range but the sizing gets me here.
I dont think V is 3! with 22 or 44 and AK/AQ would probably want a call from AQ/AJ so why so big.
Bet size and the whole situation lead to Hero calling but not feeling very good about it.

1674681518843.png

Turn is pretty much a brick and V fires pot again. I decide I'm just going to call all the way down here is the whole situation stinks.

1674681638665.png

And of course V puts the rest in on the river - it's only 20BB and I have a diamond. The FDFD was the only hand I was really worried about but holding a diamond I decide to call for this size.

1674681740004.png

Good lord man! The whole thing is just wrong. Hero scoops.

1674681764909.png

I should post some of the hands I fold to the regs just to prove to you guys that I'm not just a giant calling station ... ;)

Two more (IMHO) crazy bluffs. I'm only trying to pick these off in V-dependent scenarios because most of the times the regs have it. Ask me how I know.

Folds to V in CO and RFI 2.4BB. Hero flats on BN with QJs. I dont typically 3! this hand but I think there is merit to doing so especially with positional advantage. GTO hast it as a 50/50 flat/3!.

View attachment 1066232

Flop is not bad giving us an OESD. V cbets 1/3 pot and Hero raises to 3x. If he has a 9 he's probably re-raising or jamming so if he just calls probably not up against 9x and maybe TX or an overpair. V does just call.

View attachment 1066234

Turn completes the flush and V bets 1/4 pot. I think the sizing is too small for a made flush here. Because of the sizing I decide to call.

View attachment 1066238

River puts a one-liner to the club draw out there and gives me the straight. V jams, slightly overbetting pot.
I think AcX would have gone larger on turn as a semi-bluff so because I think he doesnt have the Ac and he's going so big I sigh call.
I'm only calling as I have seen this particular player being spewy before.
This is another money-losing call to a reg on this site IMHO.

View attachment 1066240

Hero sigh/scoops. I guess his draw bricked and he felt jamming was his only option or he was sure to lose the hand.
He doesnt have a club in his hand and I showed a lot of strength so I think V's line is fraught with error here.
However a less stationy Hero probably would have made the correct fold here. ;)

View attachment 1066244

I will add that I just put this hand in Snowie and I played it wrong. Snowie only raises flop with the club draw (probably as we are crushed by 9x and TT which are in V's range) and folds to the smaller turn bet. As played Snowie folds to the river jam. So bad play on my part - but this guy isnt playing balanced ...
Do you ever 3 bet QJs against a reg?

Heres a fold. This guy is a reg.
V RFI 3BB from CO. Hero flats in BB with 55.

1674681914344.png

We call a cbet once.

1674681953423.png

Turn goes X/X. V still has plenty of Ax as this X very well could be a trap. He's not afraid of anything with a boat and wants to induce being IP.

1674681978477.png

Overbet river. Well I dont beat Ax or Jx. I block the FD. So Hero folds.

1674682061075.png

1674682116710.png

Interesting - Snowie pure bets turn1/4 pot. As played Snowie folds river.

1674682240384.png

Is this really a thread about calling down maniacs and winning and the whining that the maniacs put the caller under pressure whilst simultaneously lamenting that some computer algorithm critiqued your play regardless?

This is the type of stuff I'm seeing lately at ACR Blitz. Having to call this stuff down is nerve-racking. Any feedback on this hand & my play?

Folds to SB who RFI 3BB. Hero 3! to 10BB with KJs. V calls.

View attachment 1064967

Flop isnt great for my range but as the 3-bettor I am uncapped and with the FD out there I make a 1/2 pot bet.
V X/R to 2x. I have 2 overs, a backdoor FD and a gutter to a gutter, all of which adds up to like 2.3 outs.
However I have played a lot of hands vs this guy and he is aggro. I call.

View attachment 1064972

Turn hits my range and hand (thank god!) and V continues with a 1/3 pot bet. I think this is pretty standard following a X/R even with air.
If he has a set I am crushed but again I've seen this guy play ... I call.

View attachment 1064974

Of course V jams river. I mean come on - I puke call.

View attachment 1064977

I mean come on. Honestly these bluffs defy logic. I picked another one off earlier where I was again puking in my mouth calling a jam with TPGK which frankly is a money losing proposition. However I feel like the play lately has gotten pretty insane. Anyone else? @Legend5555 are you seeing this type of insanity?

View attachment 1064980

I would have taken the same lines as you and crying called on river. Perhaps V just is a maniac that felt his hand wasn't good at showdown and just decided to shove and hope to fold out any smaller pocket pairs or 8x 4x hands.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom