Is the value in keeping this as a 2000 chip set or splitting? WTHC Paulson (1 Viewer)

Maverick152

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Paulson WTHC Should I keep this as a big set or split? value For a 2000 chip set? I am not sure if a premium for keeping it a set that big
EA17F757-574B-4083-836B-59670AAE8D6A.jpeg
933B7050-EE57-463A-9A62-E5688320451E.jpeg
362374C5-96C1-45EB-9592-D60CD87B1A40.png

Really depends on the breakdown and how much/what you play. If you are a once a month one table tournament kind of guy, you could probably peel off half the set. If you don’t play tournaments at all, I would definitely shift the whole thing again, it depends what the breakdown is.

Give it a lot of thought, not easy to replace.

any $5s? if not then sell off the 1s as racks and the rest as a tournament set
if you do have 5s then id look at splitting up what you have to make 2 potential cash sets and 2 potentail tourney sets which will get you max value.

-cash sets 600 chips each

-tourney set 400 chips each

with out knowing the exact quantity of each chip its hard to know the best way to go with your set as you only have pics of 1500 chips posted so far

any $5s? if not then sell off the 1s as racks and the rest as a tournament set
Really depends on the breakdown and how much/what you play. If you are a once a month one table tournament kind of guy, you could probably peel off half the set. If you don’t play tournaments at all, I would definitely shift the whole thing again, it depends what the breakdown is.

Give it a lot of thought, not easy to replace.
thank you. Sets in my collecting life have always held more weight. in addition, once broken up...no going back. Lots to think about.

You would get more out of a sale of one monster set, but how many buyers can afford it and are in the market for it? It could take years. If you split it off you will have a whole lot more buyers in the market. Will be a lot easier to sell it split up.

If this were me, I would keep the $1's, $5's and a rack of $25's and sell the rest. I think I would regret selling the $1's and $5's for sure.

Last edited:
Split them up into a perfect condition set to put away for sale later, and enjoy a low denom cash set and a high denom tourney set.

You would get more out of a sale of one monster set, but how many buyers can afford it and are in the market for it? It could take years. If you split it off you will have a whole lot more buyers in the market. Will be a lot easier to sell it split up.
Thanks - Makes total sense. Just a cool set, and once done, it’s done.

if you do have 5s then id look at splitting up what you have to make 2 potential cash sets and 2 potentail tourney sets which will get you max value.

-cash sets 600 chips each

-tourney set 400 chips each

with out knowing the exact quantity of each chip its hard to know the best way to go with your set as you only have pics of 1500 chips posted so far
2000 chips.
400@1; 400@5; 400@25; 400@100; 200@500; 160@1000; 40@5000

agreed, and I’m not even sure what the value is as a 2000 chip set.

The question to me is the why?? I would really take some time to decide on this one. If Paulson holds their position these will certainly only keep rising in value and as u say when they are gone they r gone forever. It would be EXTREMELY hard to ever replace especially in their condition. I absolutely love these chips and I would keep em. Good luck with your decision.

Last edited:
If I only had $16-$20k to spend on these beauties….

I think you will regret selling all of them if you do. But sometimes you have to do things you don’t like or want to do. If you can, consider keeping a 600 piece cash set for yourself. You can always sell that later on if you want or need to.

There are plenty of folks here that will strip that big set down for parts and pieces if you allow it. I’ve seen prices from $8-$10+ per chip for certain WTHC denominations. Do your research and look at older classifieds. Contact the sellers and ask them their opinion on your prices per rack and barrel. I don’t think big sets like this sell very often, not like racks and barrels.

Good luck with your decision.
I hope I’m fortunate enough to help strip it down with them. Man I love those chips!

interested!! need racks of 1s / 5s

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom