Is 10 posts too many...? :) (1 Viewer)

AustinVapors

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I am now a couple weeks into my new account here on PCF and have been active as possible since day one! :) I jumped right into the classifieds forums and started shopping right away haha I was very eager to finally purchase some nice chips and luckily found PCF which some would agree is the holy grail of authentic poker chip information and classifieds!

long story short I have already connected with many users via messages and replies and tried to make as many casual posts to threads in order to not be “post padding” but my account says I only have 4 eligible post so far, so I still have a limited account profile. :(
I am only complaining pointlessly about this :) because I am not able to post on @warewulf or @HMK ’s classifieds postings to thank them and give them positive feedback that they deserve for their friendly service and successful transactions they completed with me. AND since I have a limited account I am not able to receive any positive feedback for my account to help me as a buyer to gain trust and help others in the future I buy from...

I completely understand why the 10 post rule is in effect to help weed out non serious people and scammers but in my opinion I think 6 public posts would do the job also :) hahaha I hope everyone has a great day! And GO Chiefs !

Also I’m pretty sure I understand how the “feedback score” works but does anyone know what the “reaction score” is all about? If you take the time to explain the reaction score for me, I thank you in advance haha

Last edited by a moderator:
I completely understand why the 10 post rule is in effect to help weed out non serious people and scammers but in my opinion I think 6 public posts would do the job also :) hahaha I hope everyone has a great day! And GO Chiefs !

In all seriousness, getting engaged in the community and the threads here will help your "cred" if you want to get invited to events OFF the forum.

I've seen a few new members sign up, find my home game posts, and ask to be invited with only 3 or 4 posts. Some of them have never posted on this site again... and those are people that I am not going to trust coming to my home game.

On the other hand, if some one is posting regularly, engaging in conversations/classifieds/threads, and showing a true interest in this community and the many topics being discussed, then I'll be more than happy to welcome them to my game. It's really just a sign of trust.

So my point is this... don't be shy!

Post up. Engage. Let us know more about you. Find some threads that interest you and get engaged. The post count will come.... And in turn, you'll likely find out a lot more about the people here, OUTSIDE the forum.

Also I’m pretty sure I understand how the “feedback score” works but does anyone know what the “reaction score” is all about? If you take the time to explain the reaction score for me, I thank you in advance haha

The reaction score is just the total number of times some one else has "liked" "laughed" or "whatever emoji'd" at that specific persons posts.

Last edited:
Considering my post count, I don't think ten posts is 'too many'. I'd rather see it get bumped up than reduced, as 'meaningful' posts tend to help identify serious participants.

Start a new topic thread. Ask questions. Answer some questions. Make meaningful comments. You'll be at 50 before you know it, and it won't be useless 'tacos' and 'welcome' content, either. :)

Considering my post count, I don't think ten posts is 'too many'. I'd rather see it get bumped up than reduced, as 'meaningful' posts tend to help identify serious participants.

Start a new topic thread. Ask questions. Answer some questions. Make meaningful comments. You'll be at 50 before you know it, and it won't be useless 'tacos' and 'welcome' content, either. :)
Well can we have a happy balance of tacos AND meaningful conversation?
I like learning and productive conversation topics but we should also have fun and be ourselves! I do agree with lack of relevant commentary this can become more like facebook and less about chips. Guess I should go back in my sandbox now...

I don't mind adding humor. But derailing a thread shouldn't be encouraged, else it will eventually become an issue for management to clean up or make policy changes for the sake of maintaining clarity in threads. I don't want that to happen, either.

Seriously, who wants to wade through countless bullshit posts in a thread containing actual valuable content?

Seriously, who wants to wade through countless bullshit posts in a thread containing actual valuable content?
But this is all a bullshit post. The only thing meaningful was the question about the feedback score.

Wrong! Mezcal !

tequila-worm-header.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom