InviteTracker

Resource InviteTracker (6 Viewers)

@Al Azouri New member here, just wanted to say thanks for making this! I started testing it a few weeks ago and so far I think it's great. I just finished the Twilio setup as well since half my players don't check email anymore, haha. I'm not sure if this was the case when you originally added the Twilio functionality but due to new FCC regulations you need to have an approved A2D campaign set up in Twilio before you can send from the google sheet. It took them about a week or so to approve mine before I was able to actually send reliably
I am afraid I ran into his too and I think this is a showstopper for me.

For what it's worth, setting up the A2D campaign was fairly straightforward. I just put that I wasn't a business and was just using it for a local game night. This week will be my first week actually using it outside of testing so I'm not sure if I'll get any of the rejections that @Al Azouri has seen though

Yeah, I agree. the vetting process was pretty straightforward. You just had to wait it out. It took about ten business days for me. I think it's faster (and cheaper) if you sign up for a toll free number - which is the default.

The issue I'm running into seems to be from Verizon. The error I get (Error 30007) indicates it's being blocked by the carrier because the message doesn't conform to guidelines. Whatever that means.

I'm eagerly waiting to hear back on my support ticket. It's been open for 4 business days and they are still waiting to hear back from the carrier.

FWIW the iOS shortcut method I've been testing has been rock solid.

For what it's worth, setting up the A2D campaign was fairly straightforward. I just put that I wasn't a business and was just using it for a local game night. This week will be my first week actually using it outside of testing so I'm not sure if I'll get any of the rejections that @Al Azouri has seen though
I only started seeing the rejections outside of testing.

The only message that seems to have gone through without any issues is my message informing players that there was No Game. What's different about that message is that it is only one segment long and contains no link. The other messages (the original invite and multiple reminders) seem to fail specifically with Verizon.

That's what it looks like from my end. I'm hoping Twilio will be able to share more insight.

It turns out that either Twilio sent me an email prematurely declaring by number registered, or they have since de-registered it for some reason. I opened a ticket with them yesterday but no response yet. One thing i'm not sure of is whether my campaign was actually approved originally or not. I saw the email and sent a couple test messages but I don't remember if I checked the campaign status or just assumed it was approved since they said the number was registered and good for messaging. It is sitting at "in progress" now, hopefully support can shed some light on this

and also some anecdotal info about verizon, I have a verizon cell and none of my test messages to myself failed aside from the ones Twilio blocked for being an unregistered number. I'm not exactly sure what triggers that on their end though. The first one would always seem to go through and then the second would always fail. Maybe there is a limit of one per day or something for unregistered numbers

It turns out that either Twilio sent me an email prematurely declaring by number registered, or they have since de-registered it for some reason. I opened a ticket with them yesterday but no response yet. One thing i'm not sure of is whether my campaign was actually approved originally or not. I saw the email and sent a couple test messages but I don't remember if I checked the campaign status or just assumed it was approved since they said the number was registered and good for messaging. It is sitting at "in progress" now, hopefully support can shed some light on this
Mine went briefly from registered to unregistered and back to registered at the end of the registration process.

EDIT: By briefly, I mean a couple of days.

Last edited:
So strange thing currently happening. Looking at the guests tab in the ios Sheets app is showing different guest responses than what is on the browser version of the same document. Guests 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 is the same (all "in"). Guest 8 who is supposed to be in (and is in on the desktop browser version), is listed as out and one of my maybes is listed as in and one of my unlikely is listed as maybe.

Al Azouri updated InviteTracker with a new update entry:

Version 3.6 Updated

Hi All,
I just updated v3.6 with the following features:

1. Reworked web page navigation to help eliminate phantom status changes due to web crawlers.
  2. Reworked web navigation to refresh page content on status changes and comment entries
  3. Added support for iOS Shortcut
Just head over to the main resource page to grab your copy.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd give an update on what I'm working on in v3.7.

1. I've greatly improved the load times and navigation on the end user facing web page.

2. For iOS users, I've improved the capabilities of the Siri Shortcut. You can now send e-mails and/or texts as a group or individually right from your phone. This makes text sending far more reliable and effectively bypasses the daily quota limits in Google. You can even say "Siri, Send Invite Tracker Messages" and Siri will guide you through sending whichever message you have selected in the Spreadsheet.

3. Added some new tokens for your message templates.

4. Added an option to format html links in e-mails.

I'm currently testing all of this for my upcoming game this week. If all goes well I intend to post sometime next week. In my opinion items 1 and 2 are game changers.

On my todo list:

1. Add .vcal attachments to messages
  2. Add an option to hide the response stats at the top of the web page.

I just got on 3.6 and love it. I’m grateful for all the updates - do you have any tips for a seamless migration? Copying and pasting my 20 players from sheet to sheet took a while. I mean, it’s worth it for this tracker, but just wondering if there is a streamlined method I’m missing.

I just got on 3.6 and love it. I’m grateful for all the updates - do you have any tips for a seamless migration? Copying and pasting my 20 players from sheet to sheet took a while. I mean, it’s worth it for this tracker, but just wondering if there is a streamlined method I’m missing.
Unfortunately this is currently the only way. I contemplated creating an export/import Wizard but for reasons I won't bore you with I found it too difficult to implement due to how the sheets change from version to version.

If you're not already doing it, you can copy and paste in blocks to make your life a little easier. Just be careful not to paste over formulas.

Al Azouri updated InviteTracker with a new update entry:

Version 3.7 Released

Hi All,
I just posted version 3.7.

New in this version:
  1. Performance improvement for Web page used by your guess. The page now loads faster and refreshes on screen when the user makes a change.

2. Enhanced support for Siri Shortcut. You can now use this menu driven shortcut to send texts and or emails directly from your phone. You can also perform several other host functions right from the shortcut.

3. Added a few other tokens for message templates. See the TEST message...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I only started seeing the rejections outside of testing.

The only message that seems to have gone through without any issues is my message informing players that there was No Game. What's different about that message is that it is only one segment long and contains no link. The other messages (the original invite and multiple reminders) seem to fail specifically with Verizon.

That's what it looks like from my end. I'm hoping Twilio will be able to share more insight.
Hi, as a follow up on this issue. Twilio did get back to me with:

"We have received a response from the carrier (Verizon) and they have noted that they have decided messages below are false positives and made the necessary changes on their side to allow for this traffic."

Unfortunately I've not had an opportunity to test again since I've switched over to another method of sending texts since then.

Long time lurker, first time poster (I think)...

GREAT resource! v3.6 was working well, specifically the Twilio/text integration. I was able to send out multiple text messages to individuals (or groups) and the status updates and all were working just as expected. Since I upgraded to v3.7, I'm getting the following error message, just after the first message is sent, but before the next (2nd) message goes out. The process freezes, no additional messages are sent (but the 1st one works fine) and this error message is received a few minutes later:

1694635616949.png

Any thoughts about what I'm doing wrong? It appears that Twilio isn't the cause, as I don't see any errors on that end, in fact, the second (or third or fourth, ... messages don't even get to Twilio from the Google Sheet).

I'd PM you as a general rule, but a) I don't have the number of posts to do so, and b) maybe this isn't just a local problem, and others might (maybe?) learn from the solution.

Thanks, again!

Hi. Thanks for reporting this.
I wasn’t able to reproduce on mine.

Why send type and method are you using?

Would it be possible for you to share your sheet with me? I’ll PM you my gmail.

Long time lurker, first time poster (I think)...

GREAT resource! v3.6 was working well, specifically the Twilio/text integration. I was able to send out multiple text messages to individuals (or groups) and the status updates and all were working just as expected. Since I upgraded to v3.7, I'm getting the following error message, just after the first message is sent, but before the next (2nd) message goes out. The process freezes, no additional messages are sent (but the 1st one works fine) and this error message is received a few minutes later:

View attachment 1194905

Any thoughts about what I'm doing wrong? It appears that Twilio isn't the cause, as I don't see any errors on that end, in fact, the second (or third or fourth, ... messages don't even get to Twilio from the Google Sheet).

I'd PM you as a general rule, but a) I don't have the number of posts to do so, and b) maybe this isn't just a local problem, and others might (maybe?) learn from the solution.

Thanks, again!

Found it!
It was a regression bug. I fixed it in the posted demo. Sorry, but you'll have to go through the setup again to get the fix.

Great...thanks for the super-quick reply (and research)!

Do I need to start completely from scratch, new copy and all...or just start at step #XX for the deployment?
From scratch, unless you're comfortable editing code in the App Script editor or alternatively I can edit it for you later tonight if you share the sheet with me.
It just changing line 903 from:

var pauseLength = sPrp.getProperty("Seconds Between Message Send:") + 1000;

to:

var pauseLength = Number(sPrp.getProperty("Seconds Between Message Send:")) * 1000;

From scratch, unless you're comfortable editing code in the App Script editor or alternatively I can edit it for you later tonight if you share the sheet with me.
It just changing line 903 from:

var pauseLength = sPrp.getProperty("Seconds Between Message Send:") + 1000;

to:

var pauseLength = Number(sPrp.getProperty("Seconds Between Message Send:")) * 1000;
Made the quick change to line #903, hit save, then re-sent some test texts, and...BOOM. Bob's your uncle. Worked like a charm.

Thanks again for the great tracking tool! :cool

Upgraded to 3.7 and noticed that even though I cleared comments, the demo comments are still showing up on [MainLink] under my friends who RSVPd

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom