INTEREST THREAD: Seating Chips Group Buy on ABC's Ceramic Chips. (2 Viewers)

What chips would you rather use?

• Standard ABC ceramic blanks @ .75 cents per

Votes: 34 65.4%
  • Chipco ceramic blanks @ .90 cents per

Votes: 18 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about I do a red, blue, green and black set up. I'd rather not do the pips because the suits are SOooOO over done. That said I love the idea of putting bounty on one side of the chips and dealer on the other side of the table marker.

I for one really liked the color schemes as they were, especially blue and orange. Add burgundy and black, and that should cover most people's needs.

I especially like the orange color!
And the pink but maybe too close in color to the orange.

At that price, in for 3 tables, depending on final artwork, design, phase of the moon, groin status, DOW industrial average, etc.

Interested.
Prefer red, blue, green, black over orange, pink and brown.
Like having bounty on the reverse

The design is attractive but just too busy for my eye. I love all the work you're doing, though!

This may be a dumb question, but for using chips like this on a multiple-table setup would you need to have players draw them out of a bag or something? To conceal the color? I don't play in a lot of other people's home games, so I'm not sure if that's a common practice. I use seating cards in my game, but they're all identical on the back so I can just set them face down and have people draw them from the felt.

Wow .75 per chip is very reasonable. I would even consider $1 if they are chipco blanks. Still would be under $50 for a set of 4 tables.

You would need a bag of some sort. They’ll eventually get marked up and people catching on to which chips are which numbers making certain seats more desirable.

Could the back and sides be all the same bounty part and fronts only be table ... then set them all face down just like if using A-T with a deck?

Usually they are double sided with the number on one side and the same design across all chips on the other. You can put them face down on the table and have people choose.

Usually they are double sided with the number on one side and the same design across all chips on the other. You can put them face down on the table and have people choose.
That's what I have seen, but these are color-coded by table. In order to be able to set them down face-down, all of the backsides of the chips and the rolling edges would have to be identical in color & design across all four face colors. Assuming, of course, you want the players to be randomly assigned to the tables and you want the chips to be set out on the table for the draw.

That's what I have seen, but these are color-coded by table. In order to be able to set them down face-down, all of the backsides of the chips and the rolling edges would have to be identical in color & design across all four face colors. Assuming, of course, you want the players to be randomly assigned to the tables and you want the chips to be set out on the table for the draw.
They can still be colour coded by table as long as the rolling edges and backs are identical as you say. I assume that this would be the case.

My reference are the seating chips that Gene sells on the ABC site - I have a two table set of these in red and blue.

I don't mind the OP design, and I rather like the pink, orange, and blue colors (not so much the brown... but maybe grey?). I already have a red / blue / green / black suits set (sans bounty), so very little personal interest in another set with duplicate colors.

However, I see no need for the table buttons to have the table *color* name printed on them -- the blue button is clearly blue, as is the pink, orange, etc.... just printing *Dealer* on both sides should suffice. Further, having a printed table number on one side really restricts the usage, as not everybody will use the same color for a given table (number).

Chipco blanks not an important issue to me for seating/bounty chips; the standard ABC blank is a fine chip. Just no white ring, please..... I think it's a design-killer.

Last edited:
@Quicksilver-75 any chance you can do a run of pink dealer buttons even if the pink set idea gets abandoned? I’m looking for a pink dealer button, and only need 2 at most, but I’ll commit to more if need be to keep the pink dealer button dream alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom