Interest in The Iron Bank sets (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stocky

Full House
Reaction score
There has been some interest from some of you about purchasing your own set of Iron Bank chips. So I'm posting here for people to have that opportunity.

Now this isn't your standard group buy. It will be up to each individual to place their order through CPC. And these will only be available to respected members of the community (no silks type chip flippers). I will email David (CPC)and John (J5) concerning who is permitted to use the artwork.

Cost will depend on your order through CPC. But there will be a design fee. I haven't decided on the amount but it's something we can iron out.

What will the design fee be used for?
All money from design fees will go back into the set, it will be used to design add ons to the set eg. Dealer Buttons, cash set, cut cards and anything else we can imagine. I'm not going to be making any money from this, and if there's any money left over it will either be distributed back to participants or sent to J5.

Will I have to pay a design fee again?
No, you pay once. And it will entitle you to access for future sets (cash set).

Any question? I'm doing this on the fly and haven't figured out every detail, so if I've missed anything let me know.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wow, that is a hell of a deal. I wish I had an extra 2000 dollars laying around :)

No idea on the expense of this. First off, I'm like 96% not going to do this. Most likely it'll be out of my budget.

If, and a big if I did this, would I be able to get a cash set? .25, 1, 5, 25's.

No idea on the expense of this. First off, I'm like 96% not going to do this. Most likely it'll be out of my budget.

If, and a big if I did this, would I be able to get a cash set? .25, 1, 5, 25's. 20 :)

You beat me to it. I'd like to order a cash set when they are designed. Very cool concept. If someone orders a tourney set, I'd like to get a sample set from them. I missed the boat on that one.

You beat me to it. I'd like to order a cash set when they are designed. Very cool concept. If someone orders a tourney set, I'd like to get a sample set from them. I missed the boat on that one.

Same here on the sample set

I have to see the final cash set, but this design really ticks off all the boxes, for me. So far, this is the first custom CPC set that I'd consider buying as a large set for myself, aside from making a whole new design. (Which I also still want to do.)

I love the colors, the spot progression, the fact that it doesn't say "poker" or "tournament," love the art, am a huge fan of the GoT theme, the GoT theme lends itself to the idea of a tournament to win the "prize..." It scores on so many levels.

In my ideal world, the cash set would have no currency symbol, and would add the following denoms: 20, 5, 1, 1/8.

For the theme of coin from a medieval realm, I think breaking the single in eight bits for fracs is totally appropriate, and is super-flexible.
Your typical dime game can be played with 12.5 cents, easily.
A quarter big-blind game becomes easy - one bit is the small blind, two bits is a quarter.
Using four bits for the SB in a $0.50/1.00 game is a little annoying, but I can live with it - and it's just for the SB.

I'd use the T25 and T100 as part of the cash set, which is part of why I prefer no currency symbol. Also, I'm a fan of internationalizing the set, and currecy symbols tend to work against that. Lastly, I like to be able to run a tourney with 1/2 starting blinds, and having a mix of chips with and without currency symbols is not ideal...

Sorry, I'm rambling, because I love these chips so much... am excited about the idea of not only a beautiful custom CPC set, but a cult following growing around it, creating matched-theme accessories.

Raving fan, here.

Presumably any order would have to fit with CPC rules.
Am I right in thinking that it would have to be a minimum 600 chip order to get all 6 chips (and a 300 chip minimum order size would only allow 3 chips)?
And the chips would have to be identical to the ones that you have? (the only thing I would 'possibly' want to change would be the mold but I think the choice would be limited by inlay size, if permitted)

Also down for sample set with bonty chip if it ever happens that one is available...

I have to see the final cash set, but this design really ticks off all the boxes, for me. So far, this is the first custom CPC set that I'd consider buying as a large set for myself, aside from making a whole new design. (Which I also still want to do.)

I love the colors, the spot progression, the fact that it doesn't say "poker" or "tournament," love the art, am a huge fan of the GoT theme, the GoT theme lends itself to the idea of a tournament to win the "prize..." It scores on so many levels.

In my ideal world, the cash set would have no currency symbol, and would add the following denoms: 20, 5, 1, 1/8.

For the theme of coin from a medieval realm, I think breaking the single in eight bits for fracs is totally appropriate, and is super-flexible.
Your typical dime game can be played with 12.5 cents, easily.
A quarter big-blind game becomes easy - one bit is the small blind, two bits is a quarter.
Using four bits for the SB in a $0.50/1.00 game is a little annoying, but I can live with it - and it's just for the SB.

I'd use the T25 and T100 as part of the cash set, which is part of why I prefer no currency symbol. Also, I'm a fan of internationalizing the set, and currecy symbols tend to work against that. Lastly, I like to be able to run a tourney with 1/2 starting blinds, and having a mix of chips with and without currency symbols is not ideal...

Sorry, I'm rambling, because I love these chips so much... am excited about the idea of not only a beautiful custom CPC set, but a cult following growing around it, creating matched-theme accessories.

Raving fan, here.

Not sure about the 1/8 chip. Seems a bit out there to me. The cash set I have designed (so far) is .25 $1 $5 $20 and $100. I also have a Mormont chip that I was thinking would make a good $2 chip. We could make it a Non Denom chip that then could be used however the owner seems fit. 5¢, 12.5¢ or $2.

I am interested primarily in a cash set - following.

As there seems more interest in a cash set right now it is a possibility that we could pool funds to get J5 working on them now.

If this is of interest to anyone let me know and we could work it out. I am in no financial position to do this on my own or even consider purchasing a set myself. But considering the love for the set I'm not going to stand in the way of others who actually want and can afford a set.

Not sure about the 1/8 chip. Seems a bit out there to me. The cash set I have designed (so far) is .25 $1 $5 $20 and $100. I also have a Mormont chip that I was thinking would make a good $2 chip. We could make it a Non Denom chip that then could be used however the owner seems fit. 5¢, 12.5¢ or $2.

As there seems more interest in a cash set right now it is a possibility that we could pool funds to get J5 working on them now.

If this is of interest to anyone let me know and we could work it out. I am in no financial position to do this on my own or even consider purchasing a set myself. But considering the love for the set I'm not going to stand in the way of others who actually want and can afford a set.

I most likely would be in for 900 chips, 200 of each low denoms and a rack of 100s...and a sample set of the tourneys. If there were another few folks around weho would share in J5s fee, then I'm in. I would want the design to mirror the tournament set of course...

This is what I have at the moment for the cash set. A couple of the chips need some tweeting but I think it's pretty close.

image.jpg

25¢ through to $100.

Green chip is $2. $20 chip is yellow.

25¢ - House Arryn
$1 - house Stark
Green chip House Mormont
$5 - House Lannister
$20 - house Baratheon
$100 - house Targaryen

(Excuse any spelling mistakes on the house names)

At 2.50 a chip I'll be out. 1.75 I'm definitely in. Anything in between would take serious consideration. It be a 500-600 cash set

Understandable. I'm not sure what the prices would be for the cash set. Also this isn't going to be a limited time offer so there's always the opportunity in the future.

At 2.50 a chip I'll be out. 1.75 I'm definitely in. Anything in between would take serious consideration. It be a 500-600 cash set

.25 - level 2 - $1.92
1 - level 3 - $2.15
2 - ?
5 - level 4 - $2.40
20 - ?
100 - ?

$1.75 will only get you Level 1 spots on a FDL chip.

I like the Baratheon 20 and the Lannister 5. Tiny bit of concern for dirty stacks between them, but not really.

For the Targaryen 100, the lavender sticks aren't working for me, especially visualizing the sigil. What about making the small sticks look more like ivory, like dragon's teeth/horns?

Still figuring my thoughts on the others - I like Arryn, but with there could be a little color on Stark... Green chips are always lovely.

Not sure about the 1/8 chip. Seems a bit out there to me.

Was that a pun? That smells like a fresh pun.

I still like the very early 8A14 Targaryen chip. Not sure how I feel about the Mormont and Martell chips sharing a spot pattern. I'm only in for samples, unfortunately.

original-jpg.4359

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom