In This Together (13 Viewers)

Just to go on the record regarding @horseshoez. I interact with Zaki inside and outside the forum on an almost daily basis. I early on warned him of being “stained” by Poppin and advised him to separate ASAP. Zaki has a good heart. Too good. He’s a helper no doubt about it. But to suggest that he is somehow involved in the scamming is IMO incredulous. I also believe that starting a “fund” to make victims “whole” may be pre mature it is with good intention. If there is a fund currently started (which I believe is true) and chips are delivered through NLPost (which after all this time passed I DO NOT believe will happen ) monies raised in excess of actual losses is the problem with the resolution being so swiftly executed.
Zaki is a unicorn in a world of horses.....

Literally. I have proof.

I'm certainly not trying to make your job harder.

If Poppin is serious, he should admit how much he stole and from whom, and give us a plan for reparations. Even if that plan is, "I need to get a job first." If some of that $19k is in chips that have been shipped but are delayed, fine. But let's cut the BS about what was outright theft. Let's discuss how things are going to be made right. Enough kicking the can down the road.
He has confirmed the amount in dispute to me (again, I'm refraining from the term stolen, since I don't know what is in transit and what isn't).
He has also confirmed that he will be paying everyone back who does not receive the chips he sold, regardless of whether they were lost in transit or not.
Right now, he is broke, he is getting help, and he is trying to get a new job.

The final package he will send to @horseshoez will have it's content, and shipment confirmed by me. This will happen as soon as he's managed to borrow some money from his family to cover the shipping cost.

Some of you are way too gullible and trusting. This whole mess imo is the fault of those who defended him in the other thread and let his obviously shady dealings go unpunished in round one. He should have been gone then, and "his side of the story" should pull absolutely no weight now... he's a liar, why believe anything he says?

I won't donate to this cause because of that other thread, I felt it was ample warning for this forum not to deal with him, even though I have sympathy for those who weren't warned.

The additional problem is now even MORE of you guys are "CONUS only", punishing us for the sins of someone else.

Listen, though not directly, I work with addicts and junkies on a daily basis as a medical provider. Some folks are beyond helping. I'll be the first to admit this. Those that do go to AA, rehab, etc end up better in the long run than those that don't. Poppin, by accounts, had a steady job and a wife to support. He has lots of motivation to get help and get his life together, but whether he does remains to be seen. I hope he takes this as a learning experience that there are consequences for his actions. He should by no means get off scott free. All avenues should be explored to file reports to make whole those that are out money, whether it comes from poppin by force or on his own accord.

As @Steppenwolf mentioned, if he's lying, he's lying. There's no shaming of anyone going on then. But if that does turn out to be true than those people should be ashamed.

@detroitdad , I don't at all disagree with you, but with poppin banned and unable to speak for himself, I'm still willing to give a sliver of the benefit of the doubt. An outright scammer would not still be following this thread and communicating with @Bloody Marvelous if he had no intentions of trying to make things right. An outright thief would maintain radio silence and ignore everything and not turn back.

I could be way off with this, but that's my read on things.
THIS. let’s let the dude speak. That will at least eliminate relay chat. If he’s at all repentant and desires restitution he will participate. All not affected should refrain from interacting with him. Should be in a new thread. Worth a try. I would not encourage any further delay in anyone reporting to the authorities as even alcoholics causing car crashes don’t just skip free because they have a problem. But I for one would like to see an interactive respectful intervention with Poppin vs. the pitchforks and torches in full force. And if, Poppin truly has an addiction, which we all have known someone at some point, which almost always leads to theft and dishonesty maybe as a “community” as we all like to say we are, we can somehow help him through.

There are 4 types of people you should never trust;

1) Junkies
2) Tweakers
3) True degenerate gambling addicts
4) Those with a big butt and a smile.

Thanks to Bell Biv DeVoe for teaching me that last one

im an ex junkie/ alcoholic. Been sober for 13 years. I can tell you this, when ur caught in the middle of your addiction, you are not capable of thinking about anyone else but yourself, but if you get right and work on yourself there is noone else i would trust more. Just my 2 cents

For the record, for the six auctions I have out there to fundraise, my intent is to collect the winning bids and shipping costs in my own Paypal. I am going to deduct my shipping costs from the lump sum, and I will send funds to the account (I believe @BGinGA volunteered, let me know when this is confirmed), and I'll Paypal over the proceeds of the auctions to the collecting account with a screenshot of my contribution for full transparency.
Same for me. Just trying to help guys.

I have been 1 2 and 3 on the list of people to never trust. I never once stole from anyone.
That’s great. But with 3 of the above in my own family and 31 years in LE. You sir are an exception. If you’ve overcome congrats. theft inevitably becomes a factor in addiction especially drugs and gambling. It is very unfortunate.

You have to be an addict before becoming an “ex” addict.

Well duh. Trying to understand the meaning of your post.

And also guys, there’s a reason my posts doesn’t say ex junkies or tweakers. Poppin is still currently a gambling addict as he’s not had ample time to overcome his issue.

No one ever said that turning yourself around isn’t possible and that trust can’t be regained. However one too many bridges have been burned here

And also guys, there’s a reason my posts doesn’t say ex junkies or tweakers. Poppin is still currently a gambling addict as he’s not had ample time to overcome his issue.

No one ever said that turning yourself around isn’t possible and that trust can’t be regained. However one too many bridges have been burned here
Wholly agree on too soon and too many bridges. That’s why I suggested unban. Who in their right mind would deal with him again??? Is it possible in the forum software to not allow PM’s to a specific user?

Agreed, like myself, poppins has to answer for his actions. I deserved all the consequences that came from my actions as should he. Doesn’t give him the right to walk away with no recourse, but this may be a wake up call for him too. Hope he finds help and hope those effected get compensated back.

im an ex junkie/ alcoholic. Been sober for 13 years. I can tell you this, when ur caught in the middle of your addiction, you are not capable of thinking about anyone else but yourself, but if you get right and work on yourself there is noone else i would trust more. Just my 2 cents
Congrats on 13 years. And to many more on your journey.

Listen, though not directly, I work with addicts and junkies on a daily basis as a medical provider. Some folks are beyond helping. I'll be the first to admit this. Those that do go to AA, rehab, etc end up better in the long run than those that don't. Poppin, by accounts, had a steady job and a wife to support. He has lots of motivation to get help and get his life together, but whether he does remains to be seen. I hope he takes this as a learning experience that there are consequences for his actions. He should by no means get off scott free. All avenues should be explored to file reports to make whole those that are out money, whether it comes from poppin by force or on his own accord.

As @Steppenwolf mentioned, if he's lying, he's lying. There's no shaming of anyone going on then. But if that does turn out to be true than those people should be ashamed.

@detroitdad , I don't at all disagree with you, but with poppin banned and unable to speak for himself, I'm still willing to give a sliver of the benefit of the doubt. An outright scammer would not still be following this thread and communicating with @Bloody Marvelous if he had no intentions of trying to make things right. An outright thief would maintain radio silence and ignore everything and not turn back.

I could be way off with this, but that's my read on things.
I understand addiction very well. That's why I don't believe addicts. Also, sometimes people don't change until they have no credibility left.

I guess where I went wrong is stating that you shouldn't shame people based on Poppins word. You have every right to do so. People can do as they please and believe what they want.

I will do my best to stop telling people what to do as it's not my place.

Seems like I walked away from the thread a little too long, even though it's only been a few hours. Wanted to shed some light on this and provide additional perspective as well as some facts.

There's been a lot of speculation as well as subjective questions and concerns. I'd like to try and provide insight so that we can move past this and focus on the facts.

1) Me kickstarting this fundraiser came from one place and one place only. I was reading people's messages to me on how some of these amounts weighed heavier on them than perhaps someone else who was well off. You have these types of conversations with people and if you have an inkling of humanity in you, you are immediately inclined to somehow help. Sure, the timing may have been slightly off but one has to also see things from my perspective considering I was collecting information from both sides, those who lost it and he who took it. The information that I collected from those who lost it is straightforward; date of the purchase, what was purchased, how much, and any other pertinent information. The information that I had from the other side, Poppin92; confirms all the information regarding the transactions, what really happened throughout this period of time, and what chips and/or money are on that side to get this process moving to make people whole again.

2) The idea of starting a fundraiser came from a good place, with no ill intent or attempt to lessen the burden on the person who is responsible for this mess. I always said it and I'll say it again, this was to be done in parallel with other efforts to hold him responsible and make him realize that there are consequences to what has happened. If anybody thinks that this served more as a scapegoat rather than one of the solutions to the problem, you have my sincere apologies right here and now. That was not the intention. My past experience with doing things to help others out leads me to believe you work on the front end while still addressing what is on the back end. You invoke help while also working on the root of the problem.

3) Difficult for any of us to believe anything Poppin92 says for obvious reasons, but what I and @Bloody Marvelous know so far is that a package is coming my way with contents to distribute along with others to sell with the money used towards making people whole again. None of what has been said in the last two pages makes any kind of headway in making sure that package leaves. As it stands, he's agreed to send this package out, as was mentioned above by the Hulk, and I'll let everybody know when it's here.

@Bloody Marvelous said it before and I'll reiterate the same point, jumping on the pitchfork bandwagon is not making our job in this easier AT ALL. We have a ton of information, making some progress on the back end, and hope to make more. Let's not take this post as an excuse to open up more cans of worms. I urge you guys to stop taking jabs at each other and let's just focus on making positive progress.

I think skepticism is healthy, I also don't think you need to stick an anal probe up Zaki to see the kind of person he is, besides I think he lives in the U.S. and has contact with enough of the community to be accountable if he could go against his nature.

I am 'trying' to overpay for a few of the auction items =D to help.

#InThisTogether

I understand addiction very well. That's why I don't believe addicts. Also, sometimes people don't change until they have no credibility left.

I guess where I went wrong is stating that you shouldn't shame people based on Poppins word. You have every right to do so. People can do as they please and believe what they want.

I will do my best to stop telling people what to do as it's not my place.
Agree.

I said and am doing my piece already. I'm done with this thread after this message. I just need to know where the collection of funds is taking place so I know where to send what I'm fundraising, and I'm going to get back to chipping!

He has confirmed the amount in dispute to me (again, I'm refraining from the term stolen, since I don't know what is in transit and what isn't).
He has also confirmed that he will be paying everyone back who does not receive the chips he sold, regardless of whether they were lost in transit or not.
Right now, he is broke, he is getting help, and he is trying to get a new job.

The final package he will send to @horseshoez will have it's content, and shipment confirmed by me. This will happen as soon as he's managed to borrow some money from his family to cover the shipping cost.
Do you know how much the shipping cost is? I feel like getting those chips in the communities hands is key to figure out who is owed what. Any way some of the fundraiser funds can be used to get that package here asap? Since you are verifying the shipment and content I feel this is a risk worth taking. Just my two cents.

Do you know how much the shipping cost is? I feel like getting those chips in the communities hands is key to figure out who is owed what. Any way some of the fundraiser funds can be used to get that package here asap? Since you are verifying the shipment and content I feel this is a risk worth taking. Just my two cents.

I'll let @Bloody Marvelous answer for himself with regards to the package being sent out here. As for the contents, I was provided with two pictures showing two batches. One batch was chips that already belong to some, and the second batch is his own chips that'll be sold off and the money will go towards helping those that were affected. The total value in the box is somewhere in the ballpark of $1800-2000.

Seems like I walked away from the thread a little too long, even though it's only been a few hours. Wanted to shed some light on this and provide additional perspective as well as some facts.

There's been a lot of speculation as well as subjective questions and concerns. I'd like to try and provide insight so that we can move past this and focus on the facts.

1) Me kickstarting this fundraiser came from one place and one place only. I was reading people's messages to me on how some of these amounts weighed heavier on them than perhaps someone else who was well off. You have these types of conversations with people and if you have an inkling of humanity in you, you are immediately inclined to somehow help. Sure, the timing may have been slightly off but one has to also see things from my perspective considering I was collecting information from both sides, those who lost it and he who took it. The information that I collected from those who lost it is straightforward; date of the purchase, what was purchased, how much, and any other pertinent information. The information that I had from the other side, Poppin92; confirms all the information regarding the transactions, what really happened throughout this period of time, and what chips and/or money are on that side to get this process moving to make people whole again.

2) The idea of starting a fundraiser came from a good place, with no ill intent or attempt to lessen the burden on the person who is responsible for this mess. I always said it and I'll say it again, this was to be done in parallel with other efforts to hold him responsible and make him realize that there are consequences to what has happened. If anybody thinks that this served more as a scapegoat rather than one of the solutions to the problem, you have my sincere apologies right here and now. That was not the intention. My past experience with doing things to help others out leads me to believe you work on the front end while still addressing what is on the back end. You invoke help while also working on the root of the problem.

3) Difficult for any of us to believe anything Poppin92 says for obvious reasons, but what I and @Bloody Marvelous know so far is that a package is coming my way with contents to distribute along with others to sell with the money used towards making people whole again. None of what has been said in the last two pages makes any kind of headway in making sure that package leaves. As it stands, he's agreed to send this package out, as was mentioned above by the Hulk, and I'll let everybody know when it's here.

@Bloody Marvelous said it before and I'll reiterate the same point, jumping on the pitchfork bandwagon is not making our job in this easier AT ALL. We have a ton of information, making some progress on the back end, and hope to make more. Let's not take this post as an excuse to open up more cans of worms. I urge you guys to stop taking jabs at each other and let's just focus on making positive progress.

I'll let @Bloody Marvelous answer for himself with regards to the package being sent out here. As for the contents, I was provided with two pictures showing two batches. One batch was chips that already belong to some, and the second batch is his own chips that'll be sold off and the money will go towards helping those that were affected. The total value in the box is somewhere in the ballpark of $1800-2000.
Just to point out the obvious, everyone should assume these chips will NOT show up until they do.

A 5kg parcel to Singapore was around 50 USD if I recall. Not sure how heavy this package is, but seems like a small price to help some of the affected sooner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom