Identifying font (again) (1 Viewer)

ballefrans

Two Pair
Reaction score
Need to replace a few inlays on my recently aquired kairos set. Need help identifying the fonts used. Some of you wizards has helped me before and hope you will again. Here is the chip with the font I need identifying:
42B5E27E-2E60-46CA-8EB1-7564FA4FB780.png

Murdering those?!!! :eek:

Regarding the denom, what is it that you need as a result? Might be able to recreate it nicely out of other chips' denoms if we don't find the correct font.

Murdering those?!!! :eek:

Regarding the denom, what is it that you need as a result? Might be able to recreate it nicely out of other chips' denoms if we don't find the correct font.
I have to. But only a few. Some inlays have come loose and are sticking out in the middle of the chip causing major spinner issues.

So its not proper murder. Its more like giving them a second life :LOL: :laugh:

I have to. But only a few. Some inlays have come loose and are sticking out in the middle of the chip causing major spinner issues.

So its not proper murder. Its more like giving them a second life :LOL: :laugh:
Ah, so just recreating the same label? Should be easy-peasy.

For Split, I think Helvetica Pro Narrow Bold is a close enough match:
1705407209427.png

For Split, I think Helvetica Pro Narrow Bold is a close enough match:
View attachment 1256916
To my eye, this is a good match. I think the original, has slightly rounded corners, which you could do with the Helvetica after converting to outlines. But at the size the font is, no one would probably notice in real life.

To my eye, this is a good match. I think the original, has slightly rounded corners, which you could do with the Helvetica after converting to outlines. But at the size the font is, no one would probably notice in real life.
I found that Helvetica CE Bold Narrow is a perfect match (superimposed it on the photo to confirm):

1705416924855.png

https://www.myfonts.com/pages/whatthefont

This website gave some similar options when I put in the photo.
A tip for anyone using this website to find a font. In my experience, it works well only if there is high contrast in the text and background, no busy patterns (e.g. text over a background image) and the text is in a straight line (e.g. not arched). So, give a screenshot of the text first, but if you don't succeed, give the below technique a try:

In Illustrator trace a few letters using image trace or by hand, particularly characters that are distinctive from other fonts. Place 4 to 6 letters in a row with some whitespace between, rotating as necessary to have them straight up and down. Make text black on a white background. Then upload that image to whatthefont.

For example, that was how I figured out the font to Hard Candy:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ker-chip-set-designed-by-me.5541/post-2347017

Another font finder I have used as well is whatfontis.com. It's a little less intuitive but sometimes one works better than the other.

Yeah I’ve used a number of those different sites with a “matcherator” feature for identifying characters that you upload.
I often have to edit the original sample in photoshop to get it high contrast, separate characters that are close together, and also straighten characters if the original has curved text.
I’ve found the best “matcherators” are the ones where it scans your image, but you manually type in which characters are which, so it knows better what you’re looking for.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom