I want to buy a smoker (3 Viewers)

Working on some ribs now!

20200822_131420.jpg

Well the butcher shop I get my meat from normally has great ribs, meaty with good marbleized fat content. This time they were kinda skinny and lean, I got them anyway.

I used apple wood, sometimes I use hickory, I like the apple wood better.
20200822_131343.jpg

I normally have the water pan under the ribs, but I forgot it, so I just kept it on the top. Didn't seem to make any difference.
20200822_131420.jpg

20200822_175655.jpg

I kinda killed them a bit when I went to cut up.

20200822_180252.jpg

Looking to upgrade my 30 inch Masterbuilt electric smoker to a pellet smoker. When I started my research a few months ago, I was looking at models under $600...now I find myself debating between a RecTeq 700, Yoder YS640s or Pitts & Spitts Maverick 850.

I'd love to hear thoughts from anyone else who has purchased one of those or done similar research recently. Thanks!

Looking to upgrade my 30 inch Masterbuilt electric smoker to a pellet smoker. When I started my research a few months ago, I was looking at models under $600...now I find myself debating between a RecTeq 700, Yoder YS640s or Pitts & Spitts Maverick 850.

I'd love to hear thoughts from anyone else who has purchased one of those or done similar research recently. Thanks!
I don't have much to offer other than what you already know, that all three of those are amazing smokers. I have a much less expensive Green Mountain, and for the price it is awesome! My biggest piece of advice is make sure to get one with WiFi controls. I assume all of those offer that. It's a game changer to be able to put a brisket on the smoker at midnight, go to bed, and wake up the next morning to an almost done meal!

I don't have much to offer other than what you already know, that all three of those are amazing smokers. I have a much less expensive Green Mountain, and for the price it is awesome! My biggest piece of advice is make sure to get one with WiFi controls. I assume all of those offer that. It's a game changer to be able to put a brisket on the smoker at midnight, go to bed, and wake up the next morning to an almost done meal!

Yeah, the smart choice would be to get something cheaper and if I did, it would be the Green Mountain Daniel Boone with Wifi. I don't like that they added the windows on the lid and hopper, besides that it seems like everyone had great things to say about them vs similar Traeger models.

I've been eyeing the RT700 ($1200) for a while now, but have not been able to pull the trigger. I only started recently looking at the Yoder and P&S....which are $$$$$!

I have owned a Yoder YS-640 for five years. Just a totally awesome smoker. Built like a tank. First class customer service. You would love it!

0365EFA0-71E0-45B5-9946-41D21C5E7D04.jpeg

Anybody have any barbecue / heat gloves they would recommend?

Acmind spider web gloves are what I use. I cooked 100 pounds of brisket last weekend and used them a lot they are life savers.

Last edited:
Good friend bought an RT700 and absolutely swears by it. Loves the wifi controlled temp option. Best money he ever spent he says.

Acmid spider web gloves are what I use. I cooked 100 pounds of brisket last weekend and used them a lot they are life savers.
I've graduated from pork butts to briskets now. Watched like 3 hours of videos on how to trim and smoke them. Need gloves now, that's why I ask. Bought butcher paper today as well. I'll look them up, tyvm.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom