Cash Game Buying a cash set, in addition to my tourney set. (1 Viewer)

CincinattiKiddo

High Hand
Reaction score
Hello

I am looking to build a extra cash set, in addition to my tournament set.

We play very low stakes, since that is what all my players are comfortable with.
For the tournaments, we do 5€ buy-in with one re-entry and 1 add-on for 2.5€. So 12.5 on an evening.

So to keep it similar, my plan was to do a 5c/10c blinds cash game with a min 5€ buy-in max of 15€. Depends on what the players want

I was looking at the royal 43mm set. But then I will need to add a 5c chip from ( my choice was Majestic chips, the small "brother" of the royal.

But I don't know if it is worth the investment to buy 5c chips.

I was planning on buying these quantities.

200 x 25c
200 x 1€
75 x 5€
25 x 25€

Now I still need those 5c chips. How many of those would I need, I was thinking 100, but then we will need to make change often since this seems not enough.

Moving up the stakes, is a possibility, but there won't be many players left then I think.

Anyone advice on what to do? Would a 500 chip set be enough for 5c/10c. ? I am stuck, pls help

If you only ever have one table, only one rack of 5¢ should be fine.

One option is to do a non-denominated chip for the frac so that in the future it can also flex to a $100 if your game grows.

I have no idea what China Clay chips (Royals, Majestics, etc) cost these days but I personally would pick “Tina” hybrid chips over those every time. If it’s in your price range these would make it easy to customize the chips to the denominations you want:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...d-cards-mold-textured-no-mold-06-2024.119700/

10x 5c (50c)
18x 25c ($4.50)
10 x $1 ($10)

$15 buy in stacks for up to 10 players with only one rack of fracs ^

Rebuy stacks would not need fracs because players can make change.

If you only ever have one table, only one rack of 5¢ should be fine.

One option is to do a non-denominated chip for the frac so that in the future it can also flex to a $100 if your game grows.

I have no idea what China Clay chips (Royals, Majestics, etc) cost these days but I personally would pick “Tina” hybrid chips over those every time. If it’s in your price range these would make it easy to customize the chips to the denominations you want:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...d-cards-mold-textured-no-mold-06-2024.119700/
I dont have a US Shipping adress. So these aren't an option, are they really so much better? I have a sample of the royals, and I like those. Could you elloborate why you would choose the tina ones over the cc every time?

You could make it .10/.10 Cent blinds and built it from there like any other 1€/1€ set.
200x .10 Cent
300x .50 Cent
80x 2,5€
20x 10€
It is exactly the same as 1€, 5€, 25€ and 100€. Just one digit to the left. You could also use a 2€ instead of 2,5€.

100 nickels is more than enough, and don't think of it like an investment. If you want to play poker at that tiny stake, you need nickels or dimes, end of story. Play some splashy deepstacks baby stakes and have fun. Better than feeling like your players aren't comfortable.

If your players only want to spend €12.50 an evening then I think you should lower the blinds. You want people to happily rebuy a couple of times otherwise the game will just break up.

Why not play 5c/5c suggested buyin 100Bb €5, cap it at maybe 100, 150 or maybe 200bb buy-in.

You will have absolutely no use for €25 chips and probably not even €5s if you have a smaller, tamer group.

I'd buy the first 5 players in with:

20x5c (€1)
16x25c (€4)

Everyone after that gets 20x25c and makes change for blind chips.

Maybe a rack of 1s for rebuys and if you ever need it €5 notes can play (if they exist??)

I have personally just ordered basically the same thing for .10/.10

100x 10p
200x 50p
100x £2

Can grow to .1/.2 if required. Just half the denom size for your case

I'd buy the following:
(I have ordered the same just with the denoms doubled for 10p/10p)

100x5c
200x25c
100x€1

400 chips

Bank €155, ten players can buy in 3 times each for €5, 100bb.

5c/5c blinds €5 buyin, average win loss €10-15

10 players get 10x5c and 18x25c
11th buyin for 20x25c, 300 chips in play
20 rebuys in the bank with €1s.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom