• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine I think I found my new limit set :) (1 Viewer)

holy shit balls, I just found this listed on FB marketplace at the same time for $500!!! It would have been the steal of the century if it could have been bought there.
Capture.PNG

holy shit balls, I just found this listed on FB marketplace at the same time for $500!!! It would have been the steal of the century if it could have been bought there.View attachment 653793
I bought these FYI so if anybody needs $5s. I will have about 3k available. :bigbucks:
I’d double check the name on eBay matches the FB post. Doubt it but pictures could have been pulled from FB by someone else or some good ole fashioned arbitrage

The location is the same as the eBay seller.

it’s the same name too weird that he listed for $5k on eBay and 500 on FB market. Let’s hope someone local didn’t already scoop them somehow.

Welcome to PCF. Sad to hear. Has happened to me twice now recently where people have PM’ed seller offering more and I get refunded lol.
Seller contacted me this morning and refunded me. Found another buyer for more on FB marketplace I’m sure with no fees. Oh well.

Welcome to PCF. Sad to hear. Has happened to me twice now recently where people have PM’ed seller offering more and I get refunded lol.
It sucks but it’s not a big deal was going to take some work to move the $5s and I mainly wanted the $100s and some $1s. For the price it would have made sense but it’s his item after all and he no doubt can get more in pocket on FB market. Sucks he didn’t give me a shot at $5k outside of eBay but maybe the other buyer offered more. Beyond $5k it starts to get into diminishing returns.

Will probably see a massive influx of $5 into the market but sadly doubt we will see the $100s.

holy shit balls, I just found this listed on FB marketplace at the same time for $500!!! It would have been the steal of the century if it could have been bought there.
I think they must have thrown it up on FB MP first and then took 5 seconds to research eBay.
The location is the same as the eBay seller.

it’s the same name too weird that he listed for $5k on eBay and 500 on FB market. Let’s hope someone local didn’t already scoop them somehow.
Seller contacted me this morning and refunded me. Found another buyer for more on FB marketplace I’m sure with no fees. Oh well.

I just got pointed to this thread. My web scraper found these chips on Facebook on Wednesday night (the night before this thread was posted). They were listed for $500. I contacted the seller right away and told him they were worth more and negotiated with him to sell them to me for a higher price and ship them to me in CA. We agreed on a price and I was waiting for his payment info. Then, a couple hours later, he said he was "having trouble with his Zelle account" and posted them on eBay without telling me to see if he could get even more for them and used that to leverage me for more money lol. So, I ended up paying more than they were listed for on eBay. But I'm pretty sure he was just using eBay to leverage me for more money and never wanted to actually sell them on eBay (he has an eBay feedback score of 2). That sucks for the eBay buyer who paid for them and got refunded though, pretty shady of the seller to do that. But I had nothing to do with his eBay choice. He just did that to leverage me for more money apparently. Anyhow, the chips have been paid for and are being shipped to me in CA. I will be listing them at market prices once I get them. I paid a lot more than $1 per chip though. They won't be listed for $1 ea. I'm also splitting these with someone else as we had a mutual friend on Facebook who picked the chips up for me in person. He has them in hand now and is shipping them out to me.

I just got pointed to this thread. My web scraper found these chips on Facebook on Wednesday night (the night before this thread was posted). They were listed for $500. I contacted the seller right away and told him they were worth more and negotiated with him to sell them to me for a higher price and ship them to me in CA. We agreed on a price and I was waiting for his payment info. Then, a couple hours later, he said he was "having trouble with his Zelle account" and posted them on eBay without telling me to see if he could get even more for them and used that to leverage me for more money lol. So, I ended up paying more than they were listed for on eBay. But I'm pretty sure he was just using eBay to leverage me for more money and never wanted to actually sell them on eBay (he has an eBay feedback score of 2). That sucks for the eBay buyer who paid for them and got refunded though, pretty shady of the seller to do that. But I had nothing to do with his eBay choice. He just did that to leverage me for more money apparently. Anyhow, the chips have been paid for and are being shipped to me in CA. I will be listing them at market prices once I get them. I paid a lot more than $1 per chip though. They won't be listed for $1 ea. I'm also splitting these with someone else as we had a mutual friend on Facebook who picked the chips up for me in person. He has them in hand now and is shipping them out to me.
Congrats on the score

I’d have told him eat $hit and bid $2500

Also interested in a rack of $5’s plus a few extras, depending on price/condition

Did the guy tell you how he came to acquire 4000 crystal parks but was planning to sell them for $450 total before you talked sense into him? Must be an interesting story.

I paid a lot more than that for them. And a lot more than the $5k they were listed for on eBay too.
Hope he didn’t leverage you too much since after fees he was only getting like $4200 or so on eBay. Kind of a slimy thing to do after he was going to sell for $450 before you informed him they were worth more.

Hope he didn’t leverage you too much since after fees he was only getting like $4200 or so on eBay. Kind of a slimy thing to do after he was going to sell for $450 before you informed him they were worth more.

I paid a lot more than that for them. And a lot more than the $5k they were listed for on eBay too.
Yeah Travis what kind of haggler are you. He was getting $4,200 on eBay but you paid more than $5k. You’re losing your touch! :LOL: :laugh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom