I almost retired this morning! (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
So I was planning on investing 1K into crypto and then last night I had an epiphany!

What is happening now is reminiscent of back when the dot com boom took place, and domain names with specific keywords were hot. I think sex.com sold for a million.

Everyone has been so wrapped up in the various coins and fluctuations, no one had been talking about domain names and keywords.

By joves man, I'm a genius, I thought to myself last night! I wound up coming up with over 200 domain names and figured myself all but retired.

This morning I woke at 3:30am excited to get started, went to GoDaddy and plugged all the domain names into their bulk registration page.

I was already counting my McMansions as I pressed submit.

Of the over 200 names I came up with, I was able to get 5, yes, FIVE! I feel like the guy who guesses last weeks Powerball numbers a week late.

Picked up:

CryptFundMe.com
GoCryptMe.com
CryptoWharehouse.com

CryptoCheater.com
CryptoTheif.com

Yes, I know there are misspellings, that was intentional. I tried getting Hodl and CryptoHodl and HodlCrypto but already all taken. I tried getting stuff related to banking, savings, checking, mortgages, cars, loans, credit, food, delivery, shopping, malls, exchanges, cards, outlets, etc.

I had some fking GOLD in my list, but others thought of them already. Guess I still gotta work for a living :p

Reactions: Ken
I unintentionally made some money on domain names back in the day. I bought domains I thought would be interesting for me to use but didn't and eventually sold a few of them when I received unsolicited offers.

One of the domains I sold to a poker player for $850. He setup a website on it about two months later.

About a year and a half later I got an email from GoDaddy telling me a domain I was interested in was available. It was the domain I sold and I then bought it back for $8.95. The player hasn't contacted me wanting it back. I would have given it back for my cost only if he asked in case he just forgot to renew the domain. It has now been about three more years and nobody has asked for it yet.

You might be able to 'semi' retire by building custom PCs. I think your last build would sell real well in Asia ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom