Cash Game Huge Pot @ the West Texas Card House in Lubbock TX (1 Viewer)

10centguitar

Two Pair
Reaction score
Texas sized pot i dealt last night in the $10-$25 OTB Big O game.

Ended up being 20k or so.

Fun times.

Attachments

• 3A466696-747E-4308-8266-0F2B74983231.jpeg
    3A466696-747E-4308-8266-0F2B74983231.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 421
No kidding. For the same price they could have fully custom ceramics, and have actual security.

Chips were from the previous owners. We are looking at getting new ones.

security?Eh. If the club ever came up with extra chips we would know who it was in a minute. Its a very tight knit community.
That person would never get a game in town again.

But even in the event someone tried, no player or dealer would ever go unpaid, it would be the club that took the loss.
(which wouldnt be very much with how much we track the buyins and payouts)

Even if someone managed to sneak in something like two barrels of black, the house wouldnt be crying a loss of 4k. Wouldnt be happy as a matter of principle, but no one playing that high is trying to steal a dime or two.

do they allow you to film at those tables, or only pre arranged by vloggers/ promoters

There is another Texas card room that has their own label claysmith chips that I have seen in a Vlog

What were the hands?
So gross.
Flop was J 2 9

one guy had naked top two, another A3KKx (if i recall correctly) with nut flush draw....the big stack jams with A2xxx (jams on flop...out of position mind you...)and catches a duece on the turn. One guy didnt show.

Pretty sure river was a 6.

Anyways No low, flush, or str8 comes.
The A2 scoops with trips...
Gross

So gross.
Flop was J 2 9

one guy had naked top two, another A3KKx (if i recall correctly) with nut flush draw....the big stack jams with A2xxx (jams on flop...out of position mind you...)and catches a duece on the turn. One guy didnt show.

Pretty sure river was a 6.

Anyways No low, flush, or str8 comes.
The A2 scoops with trips...
Gross
These guys have been fighting hard against each other and tilting out for a week or so.
In a single night, One guy got stuck 55k deep, reversed it and came out 14k winner.

Last night i had the pleasure of dealing two of them heads up. They bought in 5k each just trying to kill each other.

There is another Texas card room that has their own label claysmith chips that I have seen in a Vlog
Almost all are using some CC or ceramic to my knowledge.

Not sure, but I think it had something to do with how quickly we all had to open up. Once it became a thing, everyone jumped on it.
I remember there was a period where a lot places online selling clay Smith, majestic, etc had the $1 and $5 sold out.
It was right when the card houses opened up.

These guys have been fighting hard against each other and tilting out for a week or so.
In a single night, One guy got stuck 55k deep, reversed it and came out 14k winner.

Last night i had the pleasure of dealing two of them heads up. They bought in 5k each just trying to kill each other.

Dang, I couldn't go home 55K deep....my only option would be to win my way out as well or out to the woods.....

I do believe gambling should be an economy of scale.....the danger is once you regret not betting more like you thought about prior to the bet. Lets say thought about betting $100 but only instead bet $50 instead of $100 on that horse in a race for example. Low and behold the horse wins....your no happy but disappointed with the loss of the winnings you would have had....This is when you know or see it could be a problem. I rode as an exercise jockey and assistant trainer and had my fair share of time at the track on the backside and have seen what extreme gambling can lead to. Being in an environment like that it was difficult to resist being consumed by making extra $ on the side in the belief that you had the inside scoop. Well to be honest you did have a slight edge over the general public....but know-where near the handicappers and even they would only clip 38% at best. What I learned was that on average if I bet absolutely nothing but just banked my salary and commissions I was much further ahead each week on average. Didn't mean I missed the wicked in those magic races that you just so happened to have ridden every horse in the race and knew 3 of the 6 had bone chips free floating in their ankles for a 13k claimer. Oh those were the good old days.

in general don't gamble over 10% of your weekly wage on any particular day as a safety from getting in too deep....that is what I used to tell my new staff back then. A few of the guys would borrow $20 the day after payday to buy "food" and then go play an exotic to win back last weeks wages lol.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom