Hoyle cellulose acetate? (3 Viewers)

I was eyeing those, but I figured I'd wait until I received my setup before I pulled the trigger on them. But after getting feel of these cards, I'm not a buyer. I like a textured finish.
Yeah, they may not be to my liking once I open them, but it was a good chance to add a brand of plastic card to the collection, so worth the $15 for 2 decks.

I dont advise them. Very flimsy and flexible, bowed a bit, and if I dont grip them in my hand there's already slight bends/marks. Not a big deal, cheap, but I dont trust these.

After opening 1 deck, they are definitely cellulose acetate, as that smell is unmistakable. As said above, very glossy finish and fairly flimsy feeling. Not Kems, except like with some new out of the box Kems, these are also unfortunately bowed slightly. They seem to shuffle well, but I doubt they'd hold up long in regular use.

20240325_182805.jpg

It’s funny to think about though. These Hoyle decks have probably been sitting on eBay for months or years. Then one guy asked one question here, and all of a sudden everybody’s buying. Congratulations eBay sellers; patience pays off!

I bought some years ago and I think I made a post that gained very little traction. I bought 2 red/blue setup with very cool (imo) back designs. Put them in play once and just could not get used to how thin they are. But they are very old and very cool. will have to post some pics of mine maybe tonight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom