How would you react? (1 Viewer)

He’s originally from NY. I thought I told you he was an ass?
Perhaps…a Masshole? I know…he’s from NY.

NY sucks…except for the Finger Lakes…and garbage plates…and Chicken Speidies…and the Adirondacks…and wings…and pizza…and glass science…etc.

B1AC05E4-83AF-410C-9FBC-D974A4844A2A.gif

This is why I absolutely despise sport fandoms. I have teams that I support and cheer for, have jerseys and hats, but this is a step to the extreme by the parent.

The kid is the victim here, and at the hands of the parent(s) that put them into the opposing team's kit on a day they knew the rival team's mascot would be making a goodwill visit to the school.

The parent is an utter ass and was asking for this very event to happen. They allowed their child to be the bait for their own deep seated and honestly overbearing random allegiance to a professional sporting team, but are now screaming foul when it went mostly the way they expected and hoped it would.

God forbid I ever wind up on a civil jury for a case like this as I'd likely get thrown out in contempt for letting the court, the audience and the rest of jury know exactly what I think about random bullshit like this.

It's a good thing I'm not a naturally violent person as I'd have a date in a dark alley with a baseball bat with the parent(s) lined up already. They are the ones responsible for whatever "trauma" this SIX YEAR OLD KID suffered at their expense and not the mascot. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
This is a real stituation, unfolding as we speak. I’m wondering what everybody thinks. I’ll save my thoughts for a bit.

Guy I know is furious. Mascot of a local professional team was visiting his 6 year old son’s school. His son was wearing the jersey of that mascot’s team’s rival team. When they went to take a class picture with the mascot, the mascot pushed the kid out of the picture. The kid is described as being “pissed” about it. I’m sure if there were injuries or anything else worth mentioning, we would have heard about it.
Those are all the details I’ve heard so far, except that the teacher did call the mother to explain the situation.

That happened yesterday. The father is saying that this is assault and battery on a child. He contacted the team today. The team’s legal counsel told him “we’re sorry your child didn’t appreciate the performance.” Apparently the team offered the child a “more positive experience” with the mascot. The father is saying that they’re not going to buy off a criminal assault and battery against a child like that, and now says they’re going to get the hammer.
I look forward to learning what that means.

Thoughts?
I think that a mascot's job is to playfully generate positive and funny entertainment for fans. This, however, was overboard. At the end of the day, the kid is six years old. It was a strange move by the father by forcing him to wear the rival team's jersey, but the mascot's actions were unwarranted. This situation is kind of a big nothing burger... a bigger situation blew up for no valid reason.

At the end of the day, the kid is six years old. It was a strange move by the father by forcing him to wear the rival team's jersey, but the mascot's actions were unwarranted.
As far as I understand it, the account of the push is being relayed to @upNdown by the same douchebag who put his son in the rival team's jersey.

If that happened to my kid I'd use it as a learning experience.

First, you can't actually expect all adults to conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. It's sad but true. The adult in the costume should have handled his interaction with a 6 year old in a better manner.

Second, and more importantly, if you go out of your way to intentionally antagonize another person, don't expect a positive experience. If you act like a dickhead, don't be surprised if you're treated as such.

The mother doesn’t seem to be particularly rational about the situation either. In a long reply from some random friend who happened to have mascot experience, discussing the challenges of the job and pleading against a rush to judgement, the mother replied;

“(My son) is pissed because he knows exactly what happened and isn't going to be gaslit by anyone telling him there's another side.”

Based on the context, I can’t be certain if she was suggesting this ex-mascot friend was doing the gaslighting, or that possibly the classroom teacher engaged in gaslighting. But either way that response raised my eyebrows.

I kinda want to follow this guy on twitter, or faceboook or whatever. Sounds like a hoot.

Quick verdicts.

Kid: Trolling his school with (I'm assuming) a Yankees jersey: 10/10 GREAT KID.

Mascot: Imagine giving a 6yo you don't know a hard time and excluding them because of the jersey they are wearing 0/10 COLOSSAL MORON

Parent(s): Gross over-reaction and a misguided (if not understandable) knee-jerk to use the to tools available to them to remedy the situation. 2/10 HEART IN THE RIGHT PLACE, JUSTIFIABLY UPSET.

Imagine giving a shit about what team someone else cheers for. Further imagine how insane it is to be cruel to someone (anyone) based on the sportsball jersey they are wearing.

Random personal Mascot(ish) story. When I was 5 my family went to Disney World. We ran into the Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum characters and they bounced the 5 year old me between their bellies. Everyone though it was hysterical. Except for the terrified and humiliated 5 year old me. I still hate that place... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Context is everything - if the kid wanted to wear the jersey (I was a Yanks fan at 6) because he likes the Yankees, then fuck anyone outside of Fenway that wants to fuck with him. I wore a Yankees hat almost daily in MA for 20 years and I’d get some verbal ribbing from people but nothing more (save on drunken Patriots’s Day in the Fenway bleachers and I had everything come to me that I got that day as I was trying to antagonize Sox fans).

If the dad has him wear the jersey and the kid has no idea about the teams and the rivalry than the dad is a fucking douchebag and he’s just doing it for him.

If the mascot touched the kid in a way that caused him to lose balance or fall over that’s fucking bullshit. Even the hint of a physical threat towards a 6 year old is inappropriate.

If he held his arm out and gently moved the kid or held an arm out so he couldn’t get into the picture, well, welcome to the rivalry kid. His dad should have a conversation with the kid to explain what the rivalry is and how to react to those situations. Should’ve had it before, honestly. If he isn’t old enough than don’t let him wear the jersey to school.

As for not wearing a Yanks cap or jersey in MA, go faaaak yaself. Not the entire Commonwealth is Wally ballsucking dyed in the red of Curt Schilling’s bloody socks BoSox fans. Get over it.

While we’re awaiting news on mascotgate. I’ll keep you all updated on what this father is posting. This morning on Facebook, he posted a picture of himself giving the finger to chik filet.
82247923-3E7E-4441-98C9-CFAB9445FDC8.jpeg

But that’s just the appetizer. Here’s today’s main course - he recently learned that it’s illegal in Texas to own 6 obscene devices. So he’s mailing the TX governor - box of dildos. To protest gun violence.

7D95419F-A4FD-48E2-8D7B-9E2C61422929.jpeg

668C32A9-E298-4366-9C0B-6C1FD886420D.jpeg

While we’re awaiting news on mascotgate. I’ll keep you all updated on what this father is posting. This morning on Facebook, he posted a picture of himself giving the finger to chik filet.
View attachment 1135647

But that’s just the appetizer. Here’s today’s main course - he recently learned that it’s illegal in Texas to own 6 obscene devices. So he’s mailing the TX governor - box of dildos. To protest gun violence.

View attachment 1135650
View attachment 1135648
GRAZIOSO 2024

View attachment 1135647

View attachment 1135650
View attachment 1135648
Whats his beef with chick fil a

Chick-fil-a is pretty good around here

Oh let’s not joke. I lean to the left for sure. But I do not drive around flipping the bird to restaurants that have offended me. Nor do I mail boxes of sex toys to politicians who displease me.
This is not me!
But did he stop for a chicken sandwich

They seem to have some kind of history of supporting anti-gay organizations. But let’s not get political here, let’s just enjoy this man’s insanity.

It’s a finely curated insanity. Fueled by, well, our society and expectations. People are expected to be on the fringe nowadays. The message is that there’s something wrong with you if you are not. Any fringe will do, just be on the ragged edge and your hip nowadays. We even rant about people ranting now, and there are people that will rant against that too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom