How much does condition variation matter? (1 Viewer)

“I care about the chips in a set being identical in condition”

• Strongly Disagree

• Disagree

• Agree

• Strongly Agree

Results are only viewable after voting.

FestiveKnight

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
How much does consistent condition within a set matter to you?

The question is not about how much you care about minty or standing on edge, but within a barrel, rack, or set, how consistent to you want the condition to be?

This is may really be about barrels/racks that are built over time that may end up with chips of varying condition. Things built one chip at a time or something like a rat rod set.

Is 5% of chips being bike tires too tilting to you? I know some folks get frustrated if one denom is entirely a different height from another.

Here’s a partial rack from my rat rod set that has a bunch of variation. So far I’ve concluded it doesn’t matter much to me because a lot of the more worn chips are still very interesting and have great histories but there’s something rather tilting about it that keeps challenging me to reconsider.

Would this mess with you?

IMG_4191.jpeg

No photo, but for Money Trees, the $100s are much shorter than the $25s and I couldn’t care less because they’re sharp as hell and my game will likely never have a full barrel of one next to another. It won’t be noticed in game.

How much does consistent condition within a set matter to you?

The question is not about how much you care about minty or standing on edge, but within a barrel, rack, or set, how consistent to you want the condition to be?

This is may really be about barrels/racks that are built over time that may end up with chips of varying condition. Things built one chip at a time or something like a rat rod set.

Is 5% of chips being bike tires too tilting to you? I know some folks get frustrated if one denom is entirely a different height from another.

Here’s a partial rack from my rat rod set that has a bunch of variation. So far I’ve concluded it doesn’t matter much to me because a lot of the more worn chips are still very interesting and have great histories but there’s something rather tilting about it that keeps challenging me to reconsider.

Would this mess with you?

View attachment 1212242

No photo, but for Money Trees, the $100s are much shorter than the $25s and I couldn’t care less because they’re sharp as hell and my game will likely never have a full barrel of one next to another. It won’t be noticed in game.

In a rat rod set absolutely does not matter. Makes it cooler imo.

If we are just talking about different chip conditions within the same denom, from a look and feel perpective, it doesnt bother me much.
However, if you have different statges of wear across multiple denoms, the problem arises of stack heights not be the same...and counting being more difficult.

The reason I sold my TRK Kings Crown set was the varying thickness issues with in each denomination. Then across denominations a stack of 20 chips could be a full chip difference. It was too tilting for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom